Kolchak Survives!

What if Aleksandr Kolchak manged to escape Russia say, to the UK or Sweden and lived into the 1950's at a natural extent (meaning that he'd live till then unbothered, but other factors can change that.) Would he pair up with the Nazis and/or Vlasov, or create a neo-White movement?

The possibilities...

Hendryk

Banned
Chances are he'd fall into obscurity, like another famous exile from the Russian civil war, Anarchist leader Nestor Makhno.

What if Aleksandr Kolchak manged to escape Russia say, to the UK or Sweden and lived into the 1950's at a natural extent (meaning that he'd live till then unbothered, but other factors can change that.) Would he pair up with the Nazis and/or Vlasov, or create a neo-White movement?

The possibilities...

Ah, so you don't mean THIS Kolchak, then. :p

Would he pair up with the Nazis and/or Vlasov, or create a neo-White movement?
According to all accounts, Kolchak was fiercely patriotic. His alliance with any power attacking Russia is ASB, much less with Nazi cannibals (he possessed healthy bit of left leaning). Besides, he was famous and very capable polar explorer. So, it is quite possible that he would mend fences with Communist authorities sometimes in late 1920s and return to USSR to participate in Arctic exploration program (he would perish in Great Purge then). Alternative career paths for him would be to join Amundsen's gang, to go to America and join Byrd or just quietly settle somewhere in immigration the way Denikin did.

Having a unmolested opponent living in the west doesn't strike me as realistic given what happened to the rest of the opponents.

Having a unmolested opponent living in the west doesn't strike me as realistic given what happened to the rest of the opponents.
Do you mean Denikin (Who lived until 1947 and died peacefully)? Or Slashchev (who was granted pardon and returned to USSR to teach Red Army officers to be assassinated later by a brother of a guy he personally executed during Civil War)? It was more complicated than caricature you're imagining. Even during WWII Reds generally only snapped Whites who were collaborating with Germany.

Do you mean Denikin (Who lived until 1947 and died peacefully)? Or Slashchev (who was granted pardon and returned to USSR to teach Red Army officers to be assassinated later by a brother of a guy he personally executed during Civil War)? It was more complicated than caricature you're imagining. Even during WWII Reds generally only snapped Whites who were collaborating with Germany.

In Operation Keelhaul, Stalin demanded (and got) not only Soviet citizens who had collaborated with the Nazis but also White Russian emigres who had never been Soviet citizens in the first place.

In Operation Keelhaul, Stalin demanded (and got) not only Soviet citizens who had collaborated with the Nazis but also White Russian emigres who had never been Soviet citizens in the first place.
You missed end of my message. Only those who fought in Waffen SS were "keelhauled" and I don't see Kolchak serving Hitler.