WI: Kapampangan Dominated Luzon

What if Luzon remained dominated by Kapampangans even in the Spanish era and not eclipsed by the Tagalogs from Batangas and Ilocanos from Ilocos, this would mean that Northern part of Metro Manila(Quezon City and Caloocan) would remain speaking a language related to Kapampangan and not Tagalog and aside from that many languages in Luzon like Ibanag and Sambal are similar to it, how would this effect the History of the Philippines.

Massive butterflies, especially for the Tagalog-speaking peoples of Bataan, Nueva Ecija and Bulacan; expect them to live in the northern shores of Laguna de Bay and western Batangas, especially around Balayan and Calatagan

Massive butterflies, especially for the Tagalog-speaking peoples of Bataan, Nueva Ecija and Bulacan; expect them to live in the northern shores of Laguna de Bay and western Batangas, especially around Balayan and Calatagan

Actually, before the Spanish came Pasig river was a Linguistic Frontier, if Kapampangan remains as the Linguafranca of Luzon, I think the linguistic Frontier of Kapampangan and related dialects might move south to Cavite instead, instead of what happened in OTL, actually the massive similarities of the nearby languages to Kapampangan like Irraya/Gaddang, Sambal, Sinauna and Pangasinense-Ibaloy might help the status of Kapampangan as a lingua franca, I think Ilocano and Tagalog might not be in good shape ITTL.

actually the massive similarities of the nearby languages to Kapampangan like Irraya/Gaddang, Sambal, Sinauna and Pangasinense-Ibaloy might help the status of Kapampangan as a lingua franca, I think Ilocano and Tagalog might not be in good shape ITTL.
Is there a language called Sinauna?

That's the language spoken by the Dumagats in Rizal-Quezon border
Yes, but the people on the plains in their area before the Spanish came at that time were speaking a language related to Kapampangan and this agta language I think is a proof to that.

Last edited:

But majority of these people were just assimilated to tagalog due to heavy intermarriage, they speak tagalog with a Kapampangan/Sambal like accent.

I imagine if Kapampangan was spoken in Manila instead it would be very alien to the Visayans, would this also discourage the emmigration of the Visayans to the Manila area?

Last edited:
I imagine that Kapampangan would be quite influenced by Ilocano if it dominated Luzon rather than Tagalog, the OTL Northern Tagalog where in Filipino was based has many Ilocano words as well.

But this language would be alien to Visayans and Southeners and if Philippines gets independent does it have a chance to be the National Language and would balkanization likely for the Philippines.