Wish granted, I've decided on doing that next. Got any suggestions for how the country develops during the 1930-1950 period?
Relationship with America would be interesting to see.- how independent will they be. Also with France. Industrial development too. Position of black population also, will they be equal, at least on paper etc. Oil production in Texas and Oklahoma.
Also, I would also like to see something about state institutions of La Floride. I think that institution of President might not exist ITTL, without POTUS. Premier ( First ) also seems little weird to me, at least without Minister-part. Maybe rather Consul ( Roman Republic as a role model ) or Chief of State/Federation/Republic ( or whatever like that in French ), or something like that. Why not even Viceroy/Governour-general, just elected?
About Government, Council of State- headed by Governeur?

Also, what's the name of La Floride's money? Libre floridienne or something like that? Same thing for French money? Is the world still on gold standard?

Last edited:
About Austalia, I agree about Portuguese part. I even think that neither France nor Portugal should get and part of Australia, but maybe just the Dutch West Australia, and the rest to Britain. On the other hand, about NZ, somehow the France seems as someone that might have taken them, not Sweden.

About Austalia, I agree about Portuguese part. I even think that neither France nor Portugal should get and part of Australia, but maybe just the Dutch West Australia, and the rest to Britain. On the other hand, about NZ, somehow the France seems as someone that might have taken them, not Sweden.
If anything, I think Swedish Tasmania and New Zealand are just as likely as the French, if not not more so. Or southern and Western Australia would work for the Swedes. And while I agree with you about the Portuguese, I disagree that the French should be removed from Australia.

Swedes weren't very much interested for such things, especially so far away. At least AFAIK.
In the 1780s, the Swedes were actually interested in a penal colony in southern or Western Australia and in fact had more funding than the British. The public reason it didn’t go through was because of the Russo-Swedish War, while in reality it was more likely because the British claimed the entire Australian continent for itself and Sweden didn’t want to risk war with both Russia and Britain at the same time. A Britain which holds onto British North America may prioritize less the holding of all of Australia, especially outside the Eastern part.

In the 1780s, the Swedes were actually interested in a penal colony in southern or Western Australia and in fact had more funding than the British. The public reason it didn’t go through was because of the Russo-Swedish War, while in reality it was more likely because the British claimed the entire Australian continent for itself and Sweden didn’t want to risk war with both Russia and Britain at the same time. A Britain which holds onto British North America may prioritize less the holding of all of Australia, especially outside the Eastern part.
But still, war with Russia is still there and it's 100x more important than penal colony in Australia- and Swedes might prefer good relations with Britain over that colony, even if they don't go to war.

Last edited:
But still, war with Russia is still there and it's 100x more important than penal colony in Australia- and Swedes might prefer good relations with Britain over that colony, even if they don't go to war.
Again, with Britain being less likely to prioritize colonizing the whole continent and just keeping to the East, keeping good relations won't be as important here. If Russia were the only thing preventing the colonization, then it would be more likely that it would be delayed instead of outright canceled.

I just spent the last three hours tracing out La Floride's borders on google maps, and the land area that I came up with was about 679,000 square miles (+- a thousand or so square miles). That's what I'm gonna use for any sort of data. Gosh, I'm not looking forward to doing this again.

A hint for the general direction I see Floridian politics going in...
Huey Long Unworthy of Admiration from Left or Right | National Review

Any guesses as to who this was IOTL?