As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Entertainment News for Late June 2001

By order of the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Madison Square Garden has banned the WWA from hosting events at the arena for at least six months amid the fallout from an incident last month in Washington, DC in which WWA superstar Rikishi fought Stephanie McMahon despite suffering from food poisoning.
- The New York Times

The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health has announced that no venue within the county limits can host WWA events until the company gives healthcare to its performers. This comes after New York City health officials put a moratorium on WWA shows at Madison Square Garden.
- The Los Angeles Times

Major League Baseball, the National Football League, the National Basketball Association, the National Hockey League, Major League Soccer, the World League of American Football, the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, the Arena Football League, the Canadian Football League, the Women's National Basketball Association and the National Collegiate Athletic Association have each sent out memos urging athletes to avoid competition if they are experiencing food poisoning symptoms.
- SportsCenter

Mayor John F. Street shuts down ECW shows for at least 30 days until the company can develop a policy to ensure the health and safety of its performers amid an incident that occurred last month at a WWA show in Washington, DC.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer

WCW pauses production its Nitro and Thunder shows, erring on the side of caution after an incident at a WWA show in Washington, DC last month.
- CNN

"Give them healthcare!" is the battle cry of demonstrators picketing outside Titan Tower.
- The Stamford Advocate
1 & 2: After what happened yeah it needed to happen.

3: I really hope this won't kill ECW at all thanks to WWA idiocy. I thought WCW was part of the SAG so why are they pausing. Honestly I would try to get wrestlers to leave the WWA due to this. Maybe make this the WWA Exodus that should have been done back in the early 1990s. Honestly I doubt WWA will last to 2010 with ITTL Vince in control unless something major happens.

1 & 2: After what happened yeah it needed to happen.

3: I really hope this won't kill ECW at all thanks to WWA idiocy. I thought WCW was part of the SAG so why are they pausing. Honestly I would try to get wrestlers to leave the WWA due to this. Maybe make this the WWA Exodus that should have been done back in the early 1990s. Honestly I doubt WWA will last to 2010 with ITTL Vince in control unless something major happens.
At this point, Vince has two options: Give all of his "independent contractors" the health care they need, or "future endeavor" everybody not named McMahon.

c5cdc8ce334796a199e7755a8bf932b5.jpg

The bear's head at Grizzly Peak.

Disney's American Odyssey Park
Grand Opening on July 4, 2001

Disney's American Odyssey Park held its grand opening on what is Independence Day in America. The festivities were later broadcast on tape delay on Fox as part of the long running anthology series. The park is the second gate at the Tokyo Disney World resort, owned by the Oriental Land Company under license from Disney. To be precise, Disney's American Odyssey sits on the site of the OTL Tokyo DisneySea.

Opening Day Attractions

Broadway

The Main Street of the park, based on New York City's Times Square.

State Fair
Bountiful Valley Farm:
Same as the OTL California Adventure attraction.
The Barnstormer: A biplane themed wooden roller coaster.

Cascadia
Grizzly Peak River Run:
Same as the OTL California Adventure ride.
Bigfoot Encounter: A Pacific Northwest twist on the Jungle Cruise formula, complete with grunge soundtrack.
Denali: An Alaskan twist on the Matterhorn.

Paradise Pier
An amalgam of Coney Island, Atlantic City and Santa Monica boardwalks.
California Screamin: Same as the OTL California Adventure attraction.

New England
Whipstaff Manor:
Pretty much The Haunted Mansion with a Casper twist.

Hollywoodland
Themed after 1940's Los Angeles as seen in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Most of the attractions here are similar to what was part of the OTL Hollywood Pictures Backlot when California Adventure opened. Clones of Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin and Dick Tracy's Crimestoppers reside here.​
I assume that the critter country section the main tokyo disney park gets re-themed because Cascaida makes it redundant. Also the haunted mansion in the main Tokyo disny makes probably gets replaced thanks to whipstaff mannor. Plus roger rabits arleady exist at toon town section that opened at the main tokyo disney park in 1996 otl

Last edited:
I hope some one would save american adventure themepark in the UK. Six Kings is my first choice followed by warner brothers followed by Amberhus bush then Bally and finnally Parmound

I assume that the critter country section the main tokyo disney park gets re-themed because Cascaida makes it redundant. Also the haunted mansion in the main Tokyo disny makes probably gets replaced thanks to whipstaff mannor. Plus roger rabits arleady exist at toon town section that opened at the main tokyo disney park in 1996 otl
Critter Country still exists at Tokyo Disney World, but it'll likely be repurposed as an expansion for Westernland if you feel that is necessary.

Critter Country still exists at Tokyo Disney World, but it'll likely be repurposed as an expansion for Westernland if you feel that is necessary.
I also feel that Toontown is mad redunited by hollywood land. Thus it may be a good idea to retheme it maybe as an area themed to japaness culture

To @OldNavy1988, big-budget summer movies of the year like Terminator 3 and Xenomorph vs. Predator is still on its way. There are six broadcast television networks, pending a seventh. But next year, we will see Hulk, Kubrick's long-awaited A.I. (TTL it starred Stuart Little star Jonathan Lipnicki as the role of David), The Legend of Zelda and Sam Mendes' next directorial effort, Basic Instinct 2.

Now that Diseny american oddesy has open all the parks on the Theme Park Outlook for the Late Nineties have been covered(heres a link https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...can-magic-redux.490374/page-406#post-22354503 ). I hope an themepark outlook for the 2000's gets made. The list should include Diseny land hong (Although I would move to some where like Jeju south Korea patypa tialand Dubia UAE Warsaw Poland Prague Chezch Republic or somewhere in mayalisa) Warnber borther movie world paris the nex parmount pincale, a world of wonder park somewhere in asia like hokaiad japan busan south korea hongkong china seonsota singpore (on the otl site of universal signpore) or Blia Indoneia, amore succeful park on the otl site of free style music park (I suggested the name grand strand funland). I like idea of someone buidling an indoor park in on the farm in hawia that wher some time in the 2010 the master palaned comuitny of hoopli went up

Is it possiable that the 2008 reccesion might be deyeled a few years. If so the dubialand project might not be cut back so much

Is it possiable that the 2008 reccesion might be deyeled a few years. If so the dubialand project might not be cut back so much
I think it would require government action to notice that the banks are doing some incredibly shady shit with the housing bubble.

Disney's American Odyssey Park
Oh damn, I didn't realize that one of my suggestions made it into the TL. Nice to see a concept like that be placed in a more appropriate location than in...California.
Cascadia is definitely my favorite section.

Epic Kingdom also looks very impressive as well and hopefully without any of the cost-cutting measures put up by the higher ups in the Disney company.

Oh damn, I didn't realize that one of my suggestions made it into the TL. Nice to see a concept like that be placed in a more appropriate location than in...California.
Cascadia is definitely my favorite section.

Epic Kingdom also looks very impressive as well and hopefully without any of the cost-cutting measures put up by the higher ups in the Disney company.
Just a reminder that the newest parks are light on rides right now so that way there can be open space for expansion later on.

Just a reminder that the newest parks are light on rides right now so that way there can be open space for expansion later on.
Fair enough, though I don't have any suggestions as to what new lands/rides could be in both American Odyssey and Epic Kingdom.

I hoep Kim Jong Nam may 2001 trip to tokyo disney was butterflied or atleast went unnotice. Nam attempt to sneak into tokyo disney got him disinherted in favor of his borther um. While was insterted in turning norm korea into a demcary he was intested indrotuce free markets. He also sea like he would dismatled the north korean nuclear program in exchange for trade deals

Fair enough, though I don't have any suggestions as to what new lands/rides could be in both American Odyssey and Epic Kingdom.
If the Toontown land at the Tokyo Disney parks is at all truly redundant, how about a land based on Disney and Fox's anime dubs? I can even come up with some ideas for what to put in this new land:
-A mini-land based on the Rumic World properties that Disney has dubbed. Especially Urusei Yatsura.
-Walkarounds based on Maya the Bee and The Secrets of Akko-chan.
-A simulation ride and a couple of walkarounds based on Kimba the White Lion.
-A musical theater show that crosses over both Chappy the Witch and Candy Candy.
-A shrunken statue of an Evangelion mech.
-A karaoke bar that allows patrons to belt out the iconic anime music from the shows Disney had dubbed.

And yes, each and every single property that Disney-Fox translated would at least get a walkaround costume to represent it.

If the Toontown land at the Tokyo Disney parks is at all truly redundant, how about a land based on Disney and Fox's anime dubs? I can even come up with some ideas for what to put in this new land:
-A mini-land based on the Rumic World properties that Disney has dubbed. Especially Urusei Yatsura.
-Walkarounds based on Maya the Bee and The Secrets of Akko-chan.
-A simulation ride and a couple of walkarounds based on Kimba the White Lion.
-A musical theater show that crosses over both Chappy the Witch and Candy Candy.
-A shrunken statue of an Evangelion mech.
-A karaoke bar that allows patrons to belt out the iconic anime music from the shows Disney had dubbed.

And yes, each and every single property that Disney-Fox translated would at least get a walkaround costume to represent it.

As far as walkarounds go, most of the human characters will likely be represented as "Face" characters at the park. Characters depicted in chibi form will likely be "Atmosphere" characters. Here's how the difference is explained:
https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Them...ters?msclkid=b0ce2377aa5411ec8d5683aa1850093a
https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/Them...ters?msclkid=5f014473aa5411ecb04ebc2f41efe84c

Well to @OldNavy1988, I like the theme park, but still waiting, patiently for Terminator 3. But on August 31, 2001, New Line Cinema (OTL Dimension Films made the film) is releasing Kevin Smith's newest directorial effort Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.