In the middle of reading Massively Mulitplayer, and I absolutely love this TL. The exact kind of alternate history that I love in so many ways, that no one else has really done. I wish I wasn’t so late for it. And even though I likely wouldn’t exist in this world, me being born so many years after the POD, it’s very fun to think about this world. Definitely got a lot of Avatar Syndrome from it.
Thanks for the kudos and good wishes, that was the purpose this TL, explore a different world, not better or worse, just different... and seems we pulled it, THANKS

Hey @RySenkari and @Nivek, can I borrow some ideas and elements from Player Two Start such as the plot point of Dr. Robotnik wanting to drain the life from the planet from TTL's Sonic 4 for me to consider using in my potential TL, maybe to flesh things out some more?

Sorry to intrude @RySenkari and @Nivek, but I've got some questions regarding this Timeline and, as much as I'd love to, I don't have time to read through the entire thing.

First question?
Does Undertale and/or FNAF still exist? I ain't a die-hard fan of either, though their absence isn't something you can just gloss over, especially in Undertale's case.

Sorry to intrude @RySenkari and @Nivek, but I've got some questions regarding this Timeline and, as much as I'd love to, I don't have time to read through the entire thing.

First question?
Does Undertale and/or FNAF still exist? I ain't a die-hard fan of either, though their absence isn't something you can just gloss over, especially in Undertale's case.
Undertale was butterflied ITTL.

First question?
And a FNAF-like game did come out in the 2010s, but from what I remember it wasn’t made by Scott Cawthon.

And a FNAF-like game did come out in the 2010s, but from what I remember it wasn’t made by Scott Cawthon.
Right then. Thanks, you two.

Second question (I'm not sure if I should ping the authors again, though just to be safe, I'm gonna trust them to find this message on their own).
Are submissions still open? I'm not saying we should continue the timeline beyond 2021, but I mean like someone writing a few paragraphs about a more obscure game, movie and/or TV show that came out between 1991 and 2021. I mean, thousands upon thousands of video games are made every year so it's safe to assume there's still room for more lore.
Tbh, I'm not looking to write for "Player Two Start" full time, as I'm currently working on another Alternate History project. But given my love for video game history, I thought I could write something as a little side-project. I'd be interested in writing or reading about Doctor Who, or Jeff Wayne's The War of the Worlds and how they turned out ITTL.

Some PODs for Hearts of Iron Mods TTL. Originally I had a huge post planned for alt-TNO in this universe I worked with @AeroTheZealousOne on a long time ago, but seeing that the thread has long died down, I will more put some ideas about how the HOI4 modding scene:
  • Kaiserreich is mostly the same, except we have a 5-way civil war and paths similar to the Home of the Brave submod that got folded into Kaiserredux. Also Canada will have a national populist path of revanchist ultranationalist British exiles seeking to take back their homeland at all costs. The reworks still reshape China and give the Mad Baron the demoted to extra treatment.
  • There is going to be a large scale Nazi victory mod, however the circumstances with it has changed. For one, TNO was created by Lonely Knightess(known back then as ThePinkPanzer) in response to the prevalence of toxic far-right views, and the prevalence of Clean Wehrmacht discourse in alternate history circles, through admittedly some of her efforts fell into apologetic discourse(ie: thinking making Speer's lies real would have made a "good story") . This alt-Nazi victory mod, called Darkness Over Europa, combines elements of the TNO and TWR lore. While not set up with the goal of taking down the far-right due to it being much less of an issue, it is however praised for its strong writing, dark tone, and willingness to pull no punches when describing the horrors of a Nazi victory. It combines elements of both mods basically(ie: Stalin was the leader of USSR when it fell, Britain surviving, genocidal esoteric totalitarian ideologies as a Nazi subideology over their own thing before OTL!TNO thought of it, Goebbels as a Fuhrer candiate, Goering as the reformist Nazi opportunist over Speer from TWR, Japan winning, the NPP, lots of warlords, ultranationalism ideology, and Burgundy+end of the world plot from TNO) . It's generally leans towards TNO and set in the 1960s but with numerous butterflies affecting the development of it in that while it's largely recognizable there is just so much different about it, e.g. no South African War and the Vietnam analogue is Indonesia. Burgundy's rise to power is more plausible, being a fiefdom given by Hitler to Himmler in response to the Nazi equivalent of 1956 Hungary. Some more pointers:
    • The NPP has Carto lead the far right wing instead of Yockey and a different demsoc NPP-C candiate instead of Harrington for 1968.
    • For Russia, Either Konev or Kaganovich is a part of the WRRF, with an ideology that can basically be described as "Red Alert Stalinism". Tukh survives the purges TTL, and his ministers/followers, who are moved to Tyumen, and are bascically neo-Trotskyists. Komi still exists, but there is no funni ultravisionary path with Zhadanov being more of a Stalinist cultural revolutionary and Andropov replacing Bukharina. Aryan Brotherhood is cut, the Vagner path is folded into a extreme Germanophile path for Samara. Replacing Taboritsky, the failstate Komi route are Andrey Dikly, Valery Yemelyanov and their SS Larp brigade-the cult of Perun. In the far east Beria replaces Yagoda and is one of the worst Communist warlords that can reunify Russia, but he can be replaced by either the party as per OTL or overthrown by Orthodox Leninists, of which one of their routes is the rising star Valery Sablin. With regards to new reunifiers not in OTL: Gayny and Krasnoyarsk(whom have an ML path that can unify with a Communist far east if Beria is out of the way) are unifiers, and Onega along with the Siberians Workers Federation are upgraded to a delayed unifier.
    • Italy ships with four Fascist paths being based on PW Duces and two democratic paths, with alt-PW being planned to add Red Italy and expand on democratic paths
    • Britain has three normal paths and one failstate: Liberals, Labour, Conservatives, and a far-right Monday Club failstate
    • Heydrich gets stretched into a 10-year campaign that can see him impose his mad vision on a broken Germany after the SS-power struggle, or be forced to compromise with multiple political enemies and "untermenschen" and end up being killed by either another ambitious SS leader or Speidel or the slave revolt and Germany to descend into a bloodier warlord era.
  • Red World is mostly the same but with far different and less out there leaders for some of the US breakaway states and maybe a different leader for the plot twist for a certain route that I can't discuss too much as the rise of the figure is very recent relies on stuff that mostly would be on chat. Also Kaiser1871 survives his car crash and we have at least gotten the USSR rework for RW by alt-2023.
  • Old World Blues comes out much later with a fully playable United States map and many factions from the TTL-Fallout games showing up. There will also be a Enclave/Pre-War USA Redemption path of sorts(Bonus points if Douglas Granite leads such a path!) despite the OTL opposition of OWB devs to such a path. In a world where the far-right isn't a issue, the "liking specific villains or hoping for the best for them is Fascism" remains in the deep fringes of tumblr, the existence of LOGH as a video game(which allows Reinhard to reform the Fascistic eugenicist Galactic Empire), and the GOP is run by saner heads AND the Enclave is apparently already a joinable faction in alt-Fallout, I feel there would be less stigma against Enclave fans or people that want to see a non-genocidal Enclave, and Fallout's anti-militarist/anti-consumerist satire would have been seen as less relevant if America was on saner political footing.
  • EAW is butterflied away. However, inspired by conversations with @Whiteshore , something replaces it as the tentpole for fictionalized adaptation mods: an ASOIAF-themed mod but with modern technology mixed in with magic to adapt to a hoi4 setting, so think of it as Final Fantasy meets grimdark political dark fantasy. In this universe, Southeros gets(it is the Zeberica equvilent) heavily expanded upon. If GRRM still has his writing issues, stuff from this mod makes it to "How I would like OTL ASOIAF to end" headcanons.
  • Millennium Dawn would be OTL Millennium Dawn molded to fit the geopolitical situations of Battle Royale, but much less laggy. Includes more pop culture flavor than OTL, especially for the United States, Japan, and certain countries in Europe. The major differences are significantly less lag, more of a focus on diplomacy than politics, more and different focus trees for various nations, and Corpus Christi in Texas having a higher Victory Point value given Selena's expanded popularity ITTL and a pop music boom and whatnot. There is also no merging with the "realism" modern day mod and scuttling of many of the more out there ideas, which in general leads to less stigma against reworks.
    • Game Over: A Millennium Dawn Overhaul Submod: Based off the Turtledove-winning alternate history timeline by RySenkari and Nivek on alternatehistory.com, Game Over is largely focused on a world where the Super Nintendo CD is never created, and the negative impacts on the industry and the world that come about. It's largely well-received and its small fanbase particularly enjoy the more dystopian aspects of it and its surprising faithfulness to the original work, and the "meme-y" focuses for President George W. Bush as well as how batshit insane 2020 ends up(to the point of culminating in a Second American civil war based on OTL's The Fire Rises mod if the player goes down specific paths) being ITTL are just two of many memorable aspects to this submod. It also garners additional attention to the work that inspired it.

Last edited:
Warning
Some PODs for Hearts of Iron Mods TTL. Originally I had a huge post planned for alt-TNO in this universe I worked with @AeroTheZealousOne on, but seeing that the thread has long died down, I will more put some ideas about how the HOI4 modding scene:
  • Kaiserreich is mostly the same, except we have a 5-way civil war and paths similar to the Home of the Brave submod that got folded into Kaiserredux. Also Canada will have a national populist path of revanchist ultranationalist British exiles seeking to take back their homeland at all costs. The reworks still reshape China and give the Mad Baron the demoted to extra treatment.
  • There is going to be a large scale Nazi victory mod, however the circumstances with it has changed. For one, TNO was created by Lonely Knightess(known back then as ThePinkPanzer) in response to the prevalence of toxic far-right views, and the prevalence of Clean Wehrmacht discourse in alternate history circles, through admittedly some of her efforts fell into apologetic discourse(ie: thinking making Speer's lies real would have made a "good story") . This alt-Nazi victory mod, called Darkness Over Europa, combines elements of the TNO and TWR lore. While not set up with the goal of taking down the far-right due to it being much less of an issue, it is however praised for its strong writing, dark tone, and willingness to pull no punches when describing the horrors of a Nazi victory. It combines elements of both mods basically(ie: Stalin was the leader of USSR when it fell, Britain surviving, genocidal esoteric totalitarian ideologies as a Nazi subideology before OTL!TNO thought of it, and Goering as the reformist Nazi opportunist over Speer from TWR, Japan winning, the NPP, lots of warlords, ultranationalism ideology, and Burgundy+end of the world plot from TNO) . It's generally leans towards TNO and set in the 1960s but with numerous butterflies affecting the development of it in that while it's largely recognizable there is just so much different about it, e.g. no South African War and the Vietnam analogue is Indonesia. Burgundy's rise to power is more plausible, being a fiefdom given by Hitler to Himmler in response to the Nazi equivalent of 1956 Hungary
    • The NPP has Carto lead the far right wing instead of Yockey and a different demsoc NPP-C candiate instead of Harrington for 1968.
    • For Russia, Either Konev or Kaganovich is a part of the WRRF, and is the Tukh analogue with an ideology that can basically be described as "Red Alert Stalinism". Tukh survives the purges TTL, and his ministers/followers, who are moved to Tyumen, and are bascically neo-Trotskyists. Komi still exists, but there is no funni ultravisionary path with Zhadanov being more of a Stalinist cultural revolutionary and Andropov replacing Bukharina. Aryan Brotherhood is cut, the Vagner path is folded into a extreme Germanophile path for Samara. Replacing Taboritsky, the failstate Komi route are Andrey Dikly, Valery Yemelyanov and their SS Larp brigade-the cult of Perun. In the far east Beria replaces Yagoda and is one of the worst Communist warlords that can reunify Russia, but he can be replaced by either the party as per OTL or overthrown by Orthodox Leninists, of which one of their routes is the rising star Valery Sablin. With regards to new reunifiers not in OTL: Gayny and Krasnoyarsk(whom have an ML path that can unify with a Communist far east if Beria is out of the way) are unifiers, and Onega along with the Siberians Workers Federation are upgraded to a delayed unifier.
  • Red World is mostly the same but with far different and less out there leaders for some of the US breakaway states and maybe a different leader for the plot twist for a certain route that I can't discuss too much as the rise of the figure is very recent relies on stuff that mostly would be on chat. Also Kaiser1871 survives his car crash and we have at least gotten the USSR rework for RW by alt-2023.
  • Old World Blues comes out much later with a fully playable United States map and many factions from the TTL-Fallout games showing up. There will also be a Enclave/Pre-WarUSA Redemption path of sorts(Bonus path if Douglas Granite leads such a path!) despite the OTL opposition of OWB devs to such a path. In a world where the far-right isn't a issue, the "liking specific villains or hoping for the best for them is Fascism" remains in the deep fringes of tumblr, the existence of LOGH as a video game(which allows Reinhard to reform the Fascistic eugenicist Galactic Empire), and the GOP is run by saner heads AND the Enclave is apparently already a joinable faction in alt-Fallout, I feel there would be less stigma against Enclave fans or people that want to see a non-genocidal Enclave, and Fallout's anti-militarist/anti-consumerist satire would have been seen as less relevant if America was on saner footing.
  • EAW is butterflied away. However, inspired by conversations with @Whiteshore , something replaces it as the tentpole for fictionalized adaptation mods: an ASOIAF-themed mod but with modern technology mixed in with magic to adapt to a hoi4 setting, so think of it as Final Fantasy meets grimdark political dark fantasy. In this universe, Southeros gets(it is the Zeberica equvilent) heavily expanded upon. If GRRM still has his writing issues, stuff from this mod makes it to "How I would like OTL ASOIAF to end" headcanons.
  • Millennium Dawn would be OTL Millennium Dawn molded to fit the geopolitical situations of Battle Royale, but much less laggy. Includes more pop culture flavor than OTL, especially for the United States, Japan, and certain countries in Europe. The major differences are significantly less lag, more of a focus on diplomacy than politics, more and different focus trees for various nations, and Corpus Christi in Texas having a higher Victory Point value given Selena's expanded popularity ITTL and a pop music boom and whatnot. There is also no merging with the "realism" modern day mod and scuttling of many of the more out there ideas, which in general leads to less stigma against reworks.
    • Game Over: A Millennium Dawn Overhaul Submod: Based off the Turtledove-winning alternate history timeline by RySenkari and Nivek on alternatehistory.com, Game Over is largely focused on a world where the Super Nintendo CD is never created, and the negative impacts on the industry and the world that come about. It's largely well-received and its small fanbase particularly enjoy the more dystopian aspects of it and its surprising faithfulness to the original work, and the "meme-y" focuses for President George W. Bush as well as how batshit insane 2020 ends up(to the point of culminating in a Second American civil war based on OTL's The Fire Rises mod if the player goes down specific paths) being ITTL are just two of many memorable aspects to this submod. It also garners additional attention to the work that inspired it.
What the hell does this have to do with anything?

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Considering the timeline's about done I guess I can throw some thoughts on this. Granted, the Hearts of Iron IV modding scene is somewhat niche especially outside of alternate history circles and there's no guarantee that the development cycles that Paradox Interactive finds itself in ITTL brings about HoI4 as we know it (but I'll at least headcanon that TTL gets a facsimile of a geopolitical/war game set around WWII), but with that said, I'll bite but I'll try not to derail the thread too much.

Originally I had a huge post planned for alt-TNO in this universe I worked with @AeroTheZealousOne on a long time ago, but seeing that the thread has long died down, I will more put some ideas about how the HOI4 modding scene:
2021 was two years ago? I feel old. I could go on about how 2021 and at least a non-consecutive half of 2022 was personally a complete and utter waste in my personal life but I'm not going to, I can vent somewhere else about that. But yeah, I take credit for some of the results of this brainstorming for better or worse. In hindsight I probably would've made edits but in the short term I've moved on from some of these mods and am focused on both personal stuff and indie JRPGs.

Kaiserreich is mostly the same, except we have a 5-way civil war and paths similar to the Home of the Brave submod that got folded into Kaiserredux. Also Canada will have a national populist path of revanchist ultranationalist British exiles seeking to take back their homeland at all costs. The reworks still reshape China and give the Mad Baron the demoted to extra treatment.
Interesting. I know Kaiserreich started development in the mid-2000s IOTL on another game so TTL might get it in a form that OTL somewhat recognizes.

There is going to be a large scale Nazi victory mod, however the circumstances with it has changed.
TTL's relative radicalization (read: the general lack thereof) in politics and socioeconomic discourse, especially in the United States as of 2020, helps tremendously in avoiding the worst excesses of toxicity and controversy here. Darkness Over Europa sounds like something I might play, but if I developed or wrote it, it would resemble Thousand Week Reich somewhat more than The New Order. It's definitely less wacky given... well... *gestures towards the last eight years*, but that's fine by me, I'm a stickler for plausibility, that gray area between realism and utilization of artistic license. Aesthetically speaking I imagine it's more in line with the '60s rather than the '80s (for some reason)? Not don't get me wrong I love me some good old fashioned cassette futurism but still.

I'm not going to analyze the specifics other than the fact that Britain not getting subjected to a successful Unspeakable Water Mammal is very much a good thing, but otherwise it definitely looks less meme-y and as much as I love memes I enjoy tasteful ones more.

Red World is mostly the same but with far different and less out there leaders for some of the US breakaway states and maybe a different leader for the plot twist for a certain route that I can't discuss too much as the rise of the figure is very recent relies on stuff that mostly would be on chat. Also Kaiser1871 survives his car crash and we have at least gotten the USSR rework for RW by alt-2023.
Sounds awesome, honestly. Yeah, political butterflies mean [REDACTED] doing [REDACTED] would be seen as borderline ASB (at best) or in poor taste (at worst). The dev surviving (or at least being nowhere near the crash site, like Stephen King ITTL) is a nice touch too.

Old World Blues comes out much later with a fully playable United States map and many factions from the TTL-Fallout games showing up. There will also be a Enclave/Pre-War USA Redemption path of sorts(Bonus points if Douglas Granite leads such a path!) despite the OTL opposition of OWB devs to such a path. In a world where the far-right isn't a issue, the "liking specific villains or hoping for the best for them is Fascism" remains in the deep fringes of tumblr, the existence of LOGH as a video game(which allows Reinhard to reform the Fascistic eugenicist Galactic Empire), and the GOP is run by saner heads AND the Enclave is apparently already a joinable faction in alt-Fallout, I feel there would be less stigma against Enclave fans or people that want to see a non-genocidal Enclave, and Fallout's anti-militarist/anti-consumerist satire would have been seen as less relevant if America was on saner political footing.
How cool! Haven't really followed Fallout recently though I am looking forward to the fan project Fallout: London (a mod for OTL Fallout 4) which is set to drop later this year. Back on course, haven't paid much attention to OWB personally, but I think your synopsis for the Fallout world in the P2S trilogy being set into a popular map game is spot-on.

Final Fantasy meets grimdark political dark fantasy.
If anyone tried to sell to me something with this description I think I'd buy it. Not well versed in ASOIAF or derivative works other than people getting kicked for arguments over it in Shared Worlds, so I can't really comment on this otherwise, but it sounds interesting at least.

Millennium Dawn would be OTL Millennium Dawn molded to fit the geopolitical situations of Battle Royale, but much less laggy. Includes more pop culture flavor than OTL, especially for the United States, Japan, and certain countries in Europe. The major differences are significantly less lag, more of a focus on diplomacy than politics, more and different focus trees for various nations, and Corpus Christi in Texas having a higher Victory Point value given Selena's expanded popularity ITTL and a pop music boom and whatnot. There is also no merging with the "realism" modern day mod and scuttling of many of the more out there ideas, which in general leads to less stigma against reworks.
That's how I'd go about it too. I mean, if I had coding knowledge I'd consider making something like this as a submod or total conversion of sorts as a tribute to the Player Two Start trilogy but that probably won't happen. If I wrote this my only major change is that I'd have 9/11 be preventable but I don't know where I'd go from there.

Game Over: A Millennium Dawn Overhaul Submod
This is probably my favorite part of all this. The basis of our modern world being reduced to a simulation of sorts where someone on the other end of the computer chooses whether or not we suffer for their own humor. I could debate the ethics and weird sentiment for "the little people in my computer" but I'll withhold that for today, and there was something else I was going to say but I'm starting to fall asleep at the computer typing this. I also find it hilarious that everything about OTL from TTL's perspective is seen as not necessarily different, but overall worse.

That aside, I need to ask the important question that some of us might have had burning in our minds but never did ask, or were oitherwise too afraid to ask: If TTL's RySenkari writing or having already written OTL, Is he therefore acting as our God? Because, and if this is the case please take no offense, I'm not sure what we did to deserve every leap year being a bad year and/or the craziness and occasional agony of the last decade or so. Furthermore, I'm almost scared to ask for mercy. All that said, thanks for giving us My Chemical Romance and that one Green Day album. And the occasional good heartwarming fanfics that exist. That said there are things about my personal life that I'd like rewritten or otherwise fixed, but I don't want to be too greedy now...

Lastly, I too was wondering where the heck this fits in with this work, but then I kinda shrugged that thought away. Besides, this work's effectively wrapped up and has been that way for the last year and a half, and I really should take some time to re-read it again, really take in the humanity of the characters and see what else I missed because my young impressionable mind was more focused on politics than pop culture at a certain point. Also to try and get all existential again even through my constant dissociation. Maybe compile a list of games I'd want to buy and play. Probably not make any fan art since I'm no good at art. I could employ an AI to attempt to generate songs original to TTL but the spirit of John Connor is reaching out to me and telling me I really shouldn't.

But that's just my thoughts for what they're worth.

Last edited:
That aside, I need to ask the important question that some of us might have had burning in our minds but never did ask, or were oitherwise too afraid to ask: If TTL's RySenkari writing or having already written OTL, Is he therefore acting as our God? Because, and if this is the case please take no offense, I'm not sure what we did to deserve every leap year being a bad year and/or the craziness and occasional agony of the last decade or so. Furthermore, I'm almost scared to ask for mercy
Personally, I've never really been sold on the idea of OTL looking like a dystopia compared to TTL. There are parts of OTL that someone living in Player Two Start would probably be envious of (having an African-American president, Gordon Ramsay not being cooked alive, a Nolan-directed Batman series, etc.), and there are things that I envy about the people who inhabit TTL (less wackjob presidents, for one). The pandemic of OTL would also probably seem preferable compared to the mini nuclear exchange that occured between Pakistan and India in TTL's 2021. Besides, I likely was never born in Player Two Start (my parents met on a dating website), so I'll take OTL any day of the week.

Personally, I've never really been sold on the idea of OTL looking like a dystopia compared to TTL
It was never the point, it was to make a world that was different yet familiar from someone who got sucked from OTL into it would be able to be surprised yet feel like it was just different paths, not better or worse(depends where are you from) but just different, we just have fun all the way.

I was born in November '83, so I would've been 7 at the time of the POD. Whenever I read through this, I often think about what I'd be like ITTL: Would my dad have died of cancer in '02? Would my sister still be alive (she died in 2015)? Would I have become morbidly obese? So many questions.