Explain the AH Quote

"So, how did the Ottoman Empire choose to convert to Catholicism? Well, it all started with a simple game of chess and a cup of tea..."

A historian explaining how Ottoman sultan Ahmed IX decided to convert to Catholicism. Actually, it was a much more complex affair than what the quote above hints, but it all began after a meeting with French king Gerard III (a meeting in which the two monarchs played chess and drank traditional Ottoman marijuana tea). The sultan's conversion was met with a little controversy at first by the imams, but later started a massive chain of conversions among his Turkish and middle eastern subjects, who had grown tired of the muslim clergy and laws.

"I get it, she's our national icon. But...well, let's just say that joining the army is not the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear 'Auntie Sam wants you'".

"I get it, she's our national icon. But...well, let's just say that joining the army is not the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear 'Auntie Sam wants you'".
A quote from American political thinker Wally McDillis when asked about the meaningfulness of the “Auntie Sam”propaganda poster for recruitment in the US Army during the Great War. “Auntie Sam” was based off of Columbia, one of the early personifications of the United States as a nation.

“The Confederate States of America was the pioneer country of the aviation world. In 1904 a pair of Confederate engineers managed the first flight of a heavier-than-air aircraft. They also created the first commercial airships in the 1920s and the first jet engines in the 1940s. They still remain one of the key players in aviation to this day, with four of the Big Five aviation companies headquartered in their territory.”

“The Confederate States of America was the pioneer country of the aviation world. In 1904 a pair of Confederate engineers managed the first flight of a heavier-than-air aircraft. They also created the first commercial airships in the 1920s and the first jet engines in the 1940s. They still remain one of the key players in aviation to this day, with four of the Big Five aviation companies headquartered in their territory.”

This is a quote from the episode Small Body Big Brain in the hit TV show, Young Sheldon. The show is set in the 1980s and explores the character of Sheldon Cooper as a child who is originally from the show, Evolution of Man. The show is set in Sheldon's home state of Texas and explores his interest in aviation. Unlike his older self who distains the Confederacy and has moved to Oregon in the United States, young Sheldon doesn't understand the myths of the Confederacy and that the war had been fought over slavery(although the instituion would be ended in 1949).

“Hey Gilligan, tell the Skipper that we found maijuana is on the Island!”

Aetherling

Kicked
"Hey Gilligan, tell the Skipper that we found maijuana is on the Island!"
Is a famous meme from the 2012 YouTube web series Gilligan Tells. The series is about Gilligan who is coereced and bullied into doing work talking and being a middleman for everything from bachelor parties to the Taliban-American Relations.

Louis Responded once more:Well Tell the English we will not allow those evil demons and heretics to rob France any longer and if they do so we will force them away with bayonets!" The King had grown extremely angry. before collapsing into fainting spell

Last edited:
(This response is TSM-verse canon.)
Louis responded once more: "Well tell the English we will not allow those evil demons and heretics to rob France any longer and if they do so we will force them away with bayonets!" The King had grown extremely angry before collapsing into a fainting spell.
This "Louis" was a rather little-known noble of the French Imperial Kingdom who had owned some land in Wallonia before the empire collapsed in on itself. Louis remained entirely loyal, sticking with the Anjou even as they hunkered down with the Spanish in Naples. Louis's family had once owned land in England before the British reconquered it in the First Great Prussian War, so he wanted revenge! And the increasingly old King of France was not happy to be screamed at so. After all, Britain was not the enemy of the remnants of the Western powers -- the East was. Louis's ideas did make a comeback once King-Emperor Lous III rose to power; he did consider many enemies of France to be demons and/or heretics. However, the English were still not the greatest among them.

Claim the homeland? Just because we used to own the place and it's still the same ethnicity doesn't mean we're wanted! Face it, this is a different country now.

Claim the homeland? Just because we used to own the place and it's still the same ethnicity doesn't mean we're wanted! Face it, this is a different country now.
Canadian Prime minister Thomas Watson replying to comment made by Prince John on the first royal visit to the Union of Britain in 2011. Thomas, in private a staunch republican, had been assigned to John as an adviser to keep an eye on the troublesome prince whilst the Queen did the official visit. John had been known to be a massive supporter of reclaiming Britain as a symbol of power so much so he had insisted on coming on the trip.

Already controversial enough being the first time a British royal had stepped foot on British land since the 1925 revolution he was allowed to come along on the condition that was watched at all time by both British and Canadian guards.

“A professional in an ape mask is still a professional”.

Aetherling

Kicked
Canadian Prime minister Thomas Watson replying to comment made by Prince John on the first royal visit to the Union of Britain in 2011. Thomas, in private a staunch republican, had been assigned to John as an adviser to keep an eye on the troublesome prince whilst the Queen did the official visit. John had been known to be a massive supporter of reclaiming Britain as a symbol of power so much so he had insisted on coming on the trip.

Already controversial enough being the first time a British royal had stepped foot on British land since the 1925 revolution he was allowed to come along on the condition that was watched at all time by both British and Canadian guards.

“A professional in an ape mask is still a professional”.
S.E. Hilton when writing about how despite Hitler had gone mad and began to wear gorilla suits to speeches Party rallies and official events he was still a professional killer, In her book the Nuremburg Trials Remembered.

"Yes Number of Greats Grandson let us Skibidi our way through France"-Enternal Cybernetic Queen-Empress Victoria of Britain,America, India and The Imperial Federation

"Yes Number of Greats Grandson let us Skibidi our way through France"-Enternal Cybernetic Queen-Empress Victoria of Britain,America, India and The Imperial Federation
A quote from "Victoria Skibidi", a fan made spin off of the web series Skibidi Toilet popular with Generation Alpha.

The following is a full transcript of NPR's interview with Former President Gerald Ford, conducted by Tomas Grafton on Monday Jan. 29, 1991.

INTERVIEWER: If Nixon had lived and was eventually convicted, would you have considered pardoning him?

FORMER PRESIDENT FORD: Never.

(This response is not TSM-verse canon.)
The following is a full transcript of NPR's interview with Former President Gerald Ford, conducted by Tomas Grafton on Monday Jan. 29, 1991.

INTERVIEWER: If Nixon had lived and was eventually convicted, would you have considered pardoning him?

FORMER PRESIDENT FORD: Never.
The following is a partial list of United States presidential elections...
  • 1968: Richard Nixon/Spiro Agnew (R) def. Hubert Humphrey/Edmund Muskie (D)
  • 1972: Richard Nixon/Spiro Agnew (R) def. Edmund Muskie/Sargent Shriver (D)
  • 1976: Spiro Agnew/Gerald Ford (R) def. Morris Udall/Walter Mondale (D)
  • 1980: Jimmy Carter/Walter Mondale (D) def. Gerald Ford/Ronald Reagan (R)
Gerald Ford was the 39th President of the United States from 1978 to 1981. In 1978, both of his predecessors (Nixon and Agnew) were implicated in entirely unrelated corruption scandals -- Watergate and Maryland. Ford was forced to completely divorce himself from them after the impeachment of President Agnew, resulting in his picking of relative outsider Ronald Reagan as running mate in 1980, and the election of even-more-outsider Democrat Jimmy Carter, all as a backlash to the immense corruption of two straight presidents. Ford knew nothing of those crimes before 1978; he was as angry as everyone else. Nixon was criminally tried in 1979, but died during the trial.

"DAMN! We forgot about Cape Verde! Don't let this happen again. Not for a third time."
"...yes, sir."

Aetherling

Kicked
(This response is not TSM-verse canon.)

The following is a partial list of United States presidential elections...
  • 1968: Richard Nixon/Spiro Agnew (R) def. Hubert Humphrey/Edmund Muskie (D)
  • 1972: Richard Nixon/Spiro Agnew (R) def. Edmund Muskie/Sargent Shriver (D)
  • 1976: Spiro Agnew/Gerald Ford (R) def. Morris Udall/Walter Mondale (D)
  • 1980: Jimmy Carter/Walter Mondale (D) def. Gerald Ford/Ronald Reagan (R)
Gerald Ford was the 39th President of the United States from 1978 to 1981. In 1978, both of his predecessors (Nixon and Agnew) were implicated in entirely unrelated corruption scandals -- Watergate and Maryland. Ford was forced to completely divorce himself from them after the impeachment of President Agnew, resulting in his picking of relative outsider Ronald Reagan as running mate in 1980, and the election of even-more-outsider Democrat Jimmy Carter, all as a backlash to the immense corruption of two straight presidents. Ford knew nothing of those crimes before 1978; he was as angry as everyone else. Nixon was criminally tried in 1979, but died during the trial.

"DAMN! We forgot about Cape Verde! Don't let this happen again. Not for a third time."
"...yes, sir."
Portugese Overseas Territorial Minister being yelled at by Salazar over ignoring the threat of rebel takeover in the Cabo Verde which marked the fall of the Portugese Federation. Leading to the Portugese Civil War and fall of the Italian Led Latin Block.

Prussia has an Army within state sure but as a Londoner it creeps me out How much the Commonwealth of America has control over the Rest of the Imperial Federation, Like I mean they subordinated the entire Royal Navy and turned the Federation into an Army With A state with its capitol in Philidelphia!

"...yes, sir."
Quote from “The Green Card”, a Seinfeld show episode from 2012 (appearing in the 4th season of the show’s revival period and the 13th season of the overall series).

During the events of the episode Kramer becomes obsessed with attaining the global top score in “Infection Inc.” (a parody of the game Plague Inc. with Cape Verde being the stand-in for Plague Inc.’s Madagascar and just as notoriously hard to infect). Unable to do this alone, Kramer creates his own software company (that exists on paper only) and sponsors the work visa for Aslam Bhattari — a young Pakistani software engineer (played by guest-star Kumail Nanjiani) who also happens to be an avid gamer in his pastime. The two work vigorously to beat the game in the shortest time possible; Aslam eventually devises what he thinks will be a winning strategy — but before he can explain it to Kramer the software engineer is arrested by the FBI (who, due to the phoney nature of his Visa and suspicious-sounding communiques between him and Kramer, believe Bhattari is a radical extremist plotting a bioterrorist attack).

In the final shots of the episode it’s revealed that Aslam Bhattari is actually the nephew of Babu Bhatt; when Babu learns of what happened to his young relative the former cafe owner decides to deal with Jerry and his friends once and for all, setting up the plot for the season finale.

Prussia has an Army within state sure but as a Londoner it creeps me out How much the Commonwealth of America has control over the Rest of the Imperial Federation, Like I mean they subordinated the entire Royal Navy and turned the Federation into an Army With A state with its capitol in Philidelphia!
Excerpt from private journal of Sir Oswald Mosley in the aftermath of the Second Weltkrieg (1937-1946). The end of the First World War — with the Central Powers victorious on the European continent but the Royal Navy still ruling the waves — had left Germany and Britain in an arms race preparing for the inevitable rematch. The Second Great War, which proved even bloodier than the first, exhausted both the treasuries and civilian society of the two European Great Powers. The war ended in another stalemate shortly after U.S. joined the fray; with its industry and financial capital left intact, America was the dominant player in the British-American alliance. The “Imperial Federation” between the two — which for all intent and purpose was America taking over British colonial and military assets — proved a bitter pill for many proud Brits who often wondered whether the Krauts wouldn’t be more preferable to the Yanks.

O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O O

“I do not doubt that the plan to uplift freed slaves — summed up by the phrase ‘40 acres and a mule’ and so vigorously promoted by such renowned figures as yourself, Thaddeus Stevens and Abraham Lincoln — had noble roots. Why shouldn’t men, who were once property, be compensated for their suffering with the property & land of their oppressors? How could freedmen be expected to accumulate capital and invest in American enterprise if all they had were the clothes on their backs? You believed that once the underclass was granted private property, they would have equal footing in American society.

But your plan failed to account for the vicious nature of the Capitalist System. It only served to create a small coterie of negro kulaks who, together with their former slave masters among the petite bourgeoisie, now oppress the sharecroppers and the proletarians.

Our revolution — which will surely one day come to your shores too — seeks to remedy this problem. The solution is not to redistribute private property — it is to abolish private property. Only in collective farms and worker-owned factories will all men regardless of race or creed stand as equals.”
— Excerpt from a letter by Chairman Leon Trotsky of the Russian Workers Republic to U.S. Congressman Frederick Douglass (circa 1905)

EDIT: fixed spelling errors and such.

Last edited:
“I do not doubt that the plan to uplift freed slaves — summed up by the phrase ‘40 acres and a mule’ and so vigorously promoted by such renowned figures as yourself, Thaddeus Stevens and Abraham Lincoln — had noble roots. Why shouldn’t men, who were once property, be compensated for their suffering with the property & land of their oppressors? How could freedmen be expected to accumulate capital and invest in American enterprise if all they had were the clothes on their backs? You believed that once the underclass was granted private property, they would have equal footing in American society.

But your plan failed to account for the vicious nature of the Capitalist System. It only served to create a small coterie of negro kulaks who, together with their former slave masters among the petite bourgeoisie, now oppress the sharecroppers and the proletarians.

Our revolution — which will surely one day come to your shores too — seeks to remedy this problem. The solution is not to redistribute private property — it is to abolish private property. Only in collective farms and worker-owned factories will all men regardless of race or creed will stand as equals.”
— Excerpt from a later by Chairman Leon Trotsky of the Russian Workers Republic to U.S. Congressman Frederick Douglass (circa 1905)

An excerpt from the controversial 'Slaves to Masters Letter'. Trotsky had briefly met Douglas when the former had gone on his tour of America back in 1903. Like many communists, Trotsky had been fascinated by the 40 acres and a mule land redistribution policies that had been enacted after the American Civil War and had been disappointed by the inequality that was still to be found in the New South. In particular, Trotsky would argue that Cuba's 1904 entrance into the Union had been facilitated by the new Black Wealthy Class (sometimes called the Geechee Titans). Trotsky is often criticized on this point because he never actually made it to Cuba to see the island himself. After the Dogger Bank Incident led to Britain joining Japan's war on Russia, the conflict soon spiraled into a global war. The British assisted Trotsky in returning to Russia, which allowed him to found the Workers' Republic.

Interestingly, the difference of opinion between the Chairman and the Congressman was never seen as particularly important by either man but the letter would have an impact after it was published along with Douglas's other writing following his death in 1907. The perceived criticisms of black success would see communism lose favor in the American South and the newly independent Tanganyika. The letter is also blamed (perhaps unfairly) for inspiring the Red-White Movements in Brazil and South Africa (extremely violent movements that mixed communist and racist talking points).

"I was declared by the Courts of our land a reprobate of the worst sort, an infamous sort of fellow who offended all good people, the King, and God Himself. With a strike of his gavel, His Lordship added this ruling to the long and proud history of justice in our country. As I had been declared a sinner by the laws of our land and the Almighty would never lower Himself to break the law, I decided I would prove once and for all who the Almighty was.

I began by entering a good Protestant Church, where I declared, 'Lord I have been declared odious to you by the greatest men of this land, I do not repent and have deigned to slight you by entering your house. For all that is good, strike me down.' Unscathed, I continued entering into Chapels, Synagogues, Mosques of all sorts, even a Gurdwara but yet I stood unmolested.

Finally, I was led to a Cult of Reason Temple that was trying to legitimize itself by pretending to be an opium den, I once again said my blasphemies, and for my troubles I found a rather nasty splinter wedged between my fingers which became infected. As this is the only religion that seems to be correct, I hereby call upon the Crown to act as the guardian of our souls and execute the King."

"I was declared by the Courts of our land a reprobate of the worst sort, an infamous sort of fellow who offended all good people, the King, and God Himself. With a strike of his gavel, His Lordship added this ruling to the long and proud history of justice in our country. As I had been declared a sinner by the laws of our land and the Almighty would never lower Himself to break the law, I decided I would prove once and for all who the Almighty was.

I began by entering a good Protestant Church, where I declared, 'Lord I have been declared odious to you by the greatest men of this land, I do not repent and have deigned to slight you by entering your house. For all that is good, strike me down.' Unscathed, I continued entering into Chapels, Synagogues, Mosques of all sorts, even a Gurdwara but yet I stood unmolested.

Finally, I was led to a Cult of Reason Temple that was trying to legitimize itself by pretending to be an opium den, I once again said my blasphemies, and for my troubles I found a rather nasty splinter wedged between my fingers which became infected. As this is the only religion that seems to be correct, I hereby call upon the Crown to act as the guardian of our souls and execute the King."
From the novel Sympathy for the Devil, the third in the "Holy Crusade" series by Dan Brown. A bit of a step down from the previous two, in my opinion. On the other hand, it laid the groundwork for the final three. Still, a damn good read. 3.5/5 is my rating.

"Kendrick just opened his mouth. Someone go hand him a Grammy right now."

Aetherling

Kicked
From the novel Sympathy for the Devil, the third in the "Holy Crusade" series by Dan Brown. A bit of a step down from the previous two, in my opinion. On the other hand, it laid the groundwork for the final three. Still, a damn good read. 3.5/5 is my rating.

"Kendrick just opened his mouth. Someone go hand him a Grammy right now."
A qoute from Kendrick Lamar's Coup in the United States following the coup itself he formed a cult of personality Beyonce in particular was frustrated then executed after Generalissimo Lamar received every Grammy then she questioned it and died.

Curses! The Commonwealth of America has usurped Britains Empire! we must leave the Federation as soon as possible -Boris Johnson

Curses! The Commonwealth of America has usurped Britains Empire! we must leave the Federation as soon as possible -Boris Johnson
A quote by British conservative politician Boris Johnson upon learning that the American economy had overtaken the British one. He was advocating for the state of Gambia, descended from the Gambia colony, to leave the British Federation and enter the American sphere of influence.

"Although Star Wars was a massive success for Lucas, his unfortunate death in a 1978 car accident put plans for a sequel on ice."

"Although Star Wars was a massive success for Lucas, his unfortunate death in a 1978 car accident put plans for a sequel on ice."
A quote from "A Lost Hope: The Tragedy of Star Wars"
Star Wars (1977) was a massive success and director George Lucas had plans for at least a trilogy. Unfortunately, Lucas' life was cut short in a fatal car accident in 1978 and the rest of his plans for Star Wars never saw the light of the day.
However, in 1997, for the film's 20th anniversary, George Lucas' friend and fellow director Stephen Spielberg would release a documentary about the film and revealed Lucas' sequel ideas for the first time, chief among these was having Luke Skywalker turn to the dark side and join the Empire for much of the second film, only revealing in the climax that he had only gone undercover.

"He saved Britain is what he did! He was a great English general and in this house Oliver Cromwell is a hero! End of story!"

A quote from "A Lost Hope: The Tragedy of Star Wars"
Star Wars (1977) was a massive success and director George Lucas had plans for at least a trilogy. Unfortunately, Lucas' life was cut short in a fatal car accident in 1978 and the rest of his plans for Star Wars never saw the light of the day.
However, in 1997, for the film's 20th anniversary, George Lucas' friend and fellow director Stephen Spielberg would release a documentary about the film and revealed Lucas' sequel ideas for the first time, chief among these was having Luke Skywalker turn to the dark side and join the Empire for much of the second film, only revealing in the climax that he had only gone undercover.

"He saved Britain is what he did! He was a great English general and in this house Oliver Cromwell is a hero! End of story!"

Common argument found in household debates regarding Cromwell's legacy. While Cromwell is credited for turning Britain into the first modern republic, his bloody suppression of royalists and Irish Catholics had made his legacy more troubled in the modern era.

The Revolution of May 15 symbolizes the saying, "An honest crook is better than a sincere tyrant." Jim Jones, once he gained the throne, committed more murders than Richard Daley or Nixon, men he labeled tyrants, ever could.

Aetherling

Kicked
Common argument found in household debates regarding Cromwell's legacy. While Cromwell is credited for turning Britain into the first modern republic, his bloody suppression of royalists and Irish Catholics had made his legacy more troubled in the modern era.

The Revolution of May 15 symbolizes the saying, "An honest crook is better than a sincere tyrant." Jim Jones, once he gained the throne, committed more murders than Richard Daley or Nixon, men he labeled tyrants, ever could.
Republican leader in exile Ronald Reagan refering to the United States following the Jim Jones and his People's Temple cult's coup one year before the Americans became so desperate they called on the Soviets to stop the People Temple

"Reporting Live from Hyderabad with Ben Brown the second vote has passed the American Dominion tipped the scales the Commonweath Board the advisory board approved of the dual system, Britain and The White Dominions (i.e America ,Argentina, South Africa,and Australasia a long with the Mediterranean territories and the Trucial states in the Posisition of Austria, and the Indian Empire in Hungary's if anyone was in Bosnia's Posisition it would be Iraq."

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
A qoute from Kendrick Lamar's Coup in the United States following the coup itself he formed a cult of personality Beyonce in particular was frustrated then executed after Generalissimo Lamar received every Grammy then she questioned it and died.

Kindly keep current politicians and commetary regarding them in Chat.

Thanks