For All Time (dystopian timeline from 2001)

This actually sounds just about right for FaT, though I personally have no creative ideas for the former USSR.
Well, one of my ideas for FaT's former USSR could be that there could be a monarchist warlord or two within the mess, fitting with the whole mess, though whether they'd be Horthy-style "Tsardoms without a Tsar" or actually invite a Romanov Princeling to the throne ("Vladimir III" lived until the 90s IOTL) is something I am not sure on. Also, for my idea for FaT!2023, Southern China is run by a KMT which has dragged the country kicking and screaming to OTL Myanmar standards of living (complete with the nasty military rule, ofc) while the North and Interior remains under an assortment of warlords and PRC remnants)

Last edited:
Well, one of my ideas for FaT's former USSR could be that there could be a monarchist warlord or two within the mess, fitting with the whole mess, though whether they'd be Horthy-style "Tsardoms without a Tsar" or actually invite a Romanov Princeling to the throne ("Vladimir III" lived until the 90s IOTL) is something I am not sure on. Also, for my idea for FaT!2023, Southern China is run by a KMT which has dragged the country kicking and screaming to OTL Myanmar standards of living (complete with the nasty military rule, ofc) while the North and Interior remains under an assortment of warlords and PRC remnants)
Your headcanon vision of China meshed with mine c:

I like to imagine that people in the For All Time universe see the period between the Napoleonic Wars and World War 1 as a golden age of peace and progress. The Taiping and Dugan Rebellions are barely remembered in a universe where studying China is a bit like studying the bottom of the ocean and their death toll feels tiny compared with the Sino-Soviet War.

Events like the Mfecane and Indian Rebellion would be regarded as mere blips.

Please do not take the views I imagine others in a fictional universe as having as my own.

I like to imagine that people in the For All Time universe see the period between the Napoleonic Wars and World War 1 as a golden age of peace and progress. The Taiping and Dugan Rebellions are barely remembered in a universe where studying China is a bit like studying the bottom of the ocean and their death toll feels tiny compared with the Sino-Soviet War.

Please do not take the views I imagine others in a fictional universe as having as my own.
Your logic is sound. I fear that if the world education systems have not been able to avoid political interference or religious infiltration than objective agency and a generally non-biased representation of actual FAT history may be difficult for its inhabitants to come by. Who would have the best likelihood of maintaining a nuanced perspective on the entire global calamity? I think maybe Finland, Afghanistan, or New Zealand.

I previously found some missing 0.5 parts from the archive, which are still on SHWI, but inaccessible via Google Groups. Guess I'll have to try out an alternate provider sometime to get at the original posts.

Beatriz

Gone Fishin'

Beatriz

Gone Fishin'

Didn’t the Brits come out relatively well in Well Enough Alone? And they still have an empire in Aden, Hong Kong etc…. So pro-British imperial perspective would the most common in English language historiography
And there are/were Chinese remnant states although nobody wrote anything on those

Last edited:
A fanmade map shows Taiwan retaking Hainan, but not any of the mainland where most of the inhabitable coast is run by Japan.
On my end, I’d personally give the KMT large segments of Southern China (and recognition by the non-communist world as the legitimate Chinese government) while the interior and North is run by a mix of warlords and the remnants of the PRC.

On my end, I’d personally give the KMT large segments of Southern China (and recognition by the non-communist world as the legitimate Chinese government) while the interior and North is run by a mix of warlords and the remnants of the PRC.
Just out of curiosity, do you have any particular parts in mind? Not that I disagree, I just struggle to imagine the suitable region given the formerly populous radioactive wastelands on one end of the spectrum and the sparsely populated rugged mountains that would be hard to project power into on the other.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any particular parts in mind? Not that I disagree, I just struggle to imagine the suitable region given the formerly populous radioactive wastelands on one end of the spectrum and the sparsely populated rugged mountains that would be hard to project power into on the other.
Guangdong and Fujian, for starters, especially as they are the closest provinces to Taiwan (and even IOTL, the KMT has a “Fujian Province” comprised of Matsu and Kinmen). Possibly Zhejiang as well.

If you're at all taking requests:

What, exactly, did happen to Korea after the Kims tried to make an absurdly large nuke and the rest of the world responded with a massive preemptive strike?
Also, the explosion was 800 megatons, someone with a desktop computer (or anything not my phone) should punch that in on NUKEMAP and screenshot the results please c:

Just for fun, I wrote the script for a For All Time trailer. Tell me what you think:

(The screen of a ’50s TV appears. A man in his 30s, strongly resembling both John and Robert Kennedy is seated at the resolute desk. Looking into the camera, he speaks.)

“I have seen the face of war, as have many of my viewers and listeners.”

(A stereotypical ’50s American family watches Joseph Kennedy on their TV in their lounge room. The shot cuts first to tea-drinking office workers listening to the speech on the radio, then an Indian man in a tropical mansion with a darker-skinned servant both listening to it.)

“It is a hideous, ugly thing, something no man, whatever his creed or color, should face.”

(An Italian-looking town unveils an excessively large statue of a man with glasses. German tanks speed through the French countryside, but everything looks awfully ’70s. A white teenage boy steps in through the front door of a black-congregation church, and pulls the pin from a grenade.)

“But if war must come, it must be fought with every weapon available, and it must end quickly.”

(A nuclear fireball engulfs Brandenburg Gate.

Emperor Jean-Bédel Bokassa sits at a raised table eating a banquet. The room is decorated with French flags, and everyone but him is white.

A nuclear fireball engulfs the Forbidden City.)

Dialogue ends.

(A three-quarter view from behind the President shows news cameras pointing at him. Observant watchers will note the décor is 1960s and the President is not Joseph Kennedy. He takes a gun out of the Resolute Desk and puts the barrel in his mouth, to the horror of the cameramen.

A World War 2 bomber crashes into the Statue of Liberty.

A nuclear fireball engulfs the Dome of the Rock.

The pyramids of Giza stand in the desert. A rumbling is heard, and the camera pans left to show the Nile valley, packed with buildings. A white spot appears where the valley meets the horizon, and rapidly expands left and right to engulf a vast swath of the desert. It’s a wall of water, speeding down the valley, accelerating toward the camera. Everything goes black.

The words “FOR ALL TIME” fade into appearance.

Speaking of which, I headcanon that the Israeli puppets in the 2009 For All Time map tend to be dominated by their Christian minorities (I’m looking at you, the Maronites, Assyrians, and the like, though the Copts, alas, are mostly underwater).

Beatriz

Gone Fishin'
Just for fun, I wrote the script for a For All Time trailer. Tell me what you think:

(The screen of a ’50s TV appears. A man in his 30s, strongly resembling both John and Robert Kennedy is seated at the resolute desk. Looking into the camera, he speaks.)

“I have seen the face of war, as have many of my viewers and listeners.”

(A stereotypical ’50s American family watches Joseph Kennedy on their TV in their lounge room. The shot cuts first to tea-drinking office workers listening to the speech on the radio, then an Indian man in a tropical mansion with a darker-skinned servant both listening to it.)

“It is a hideous, ugly thing, something no man, whatever his creed or color, should face.”

(An Italian-looking town unveils an excessively large statue of a man with glasses. German tanks speed through the French countryside, but everything looks awfully ’70s. A white teenage boy steps in through the front door of a black-congregation church, and pulls the pin from a grenade.)

“But if war must come, it must be fought with every weapon available, and it must end quickly.”

(A nuclear fireball engulfs Brandenburg Gate.

Emperor Jean-Bédel Bokassa sits at a raised table eating a banquet. The room is decorated with French flags, and everyone but him is white.

A nuclear fireball engulfs the Forbidden City.)

Dialogue ends.

(A three-quarter view from behind the President shows news cameras pointing at him. Observant watchers will note the décor is 1960s and the President is not Joseph Kennedy. He takes a gun out of the Resolute Desk and puts the barrel in his mouth, to the horror of the cameramen.

A World War 2 bomber crashes into the Statue of Liberty.

A nuclear fireball engulfs the Dome of the Rock.

The pyramids of Giza stand in the desert. A rumbling is heard, and the camera pans left to show the Nile valley, packed with buildings. A white spot appears where the valley meets the horizon, and rapidly expands left and right to engulf a vast swath of the desert. It’s a wall of water, speeding down the valley, accelerating toward the camera. Everything goes black.

The words “FOR ALL TIME” fade into appearance.
Indeed I feel this timeline due to its relatively contemporary POD could be made into a TV Serial like MITHC - just that it’s too grim