It's been a long time coming, but we've got to the kick off, and Matador is up and running!

However, I feel that everything depends on how good a sortee Force Z manages. If the catch some of the Japanese transports at sea (even if the Force is later mauled / destroyed by Japanese air power) then the thr invasion will be severly delayed, even completely scuppered.

Best case scenario for the British (bit not this most excellent TL) is Phillips rolls lots of 6's defeats the covering group and sinks all the transports. Invasion? What invasion! Although Gort would have some explaining to do about invading a Nuetral power unnecessary. The RN would be like, sinking ships? It's what we do 😉! Although I don't think Coxy would be so cruel to spend 2+ years serting the scene to finish the TL in an afternoon of naval armagedon!

Much more likely is that Force Z either engages or chases away some of the transports (helping the cause on land a great deal) foe the cost of having some ships damaged or destroyed either by the covering group or long range land based air power.

Do the British drive straight on to Pattani? Or do they pause after capturing Betong? Have some tea and spend the night? In the morning, at a proper time,
saunter up towards "The Ledge". Have some tea before departing for Yala? Spend the night. Wonder just why there are explosions to the north.

I hate to be a Jeb Stuart here. "Fustest with tha Mostest" should be the bywords here. Move forward en echelon ready for commencing hostilities. I fear that the British
field officers may not grasp the gravity of the situation after all.

Getting to Pattani and setting up an initial defense along with the Thai defenders may impede the IJA landings. I don't think it possible to dislodge the Japanese landings.
The morale value for the Malayan defenders might become significant.
Not Stuart, but rather N.B. Forrest...and Belisarius beat me. Damn! Nonetheless, a faaar more effective, flexible, imaginative, and dangerous cavalry commander...if not a outstanding human being (British understatement). But I feel dislodging the landings may (big may) be possible, though it will depend greatly on the leadership, logistics, and firepower each side brings to bear.

Phillips could get lucky and roll those sixes. After all, luck has alot to due with battle, especially in sea battles. Plus Phillips is a solid admiral from what I've seen, and is going to work to stack the odds in his favor. Though he's up against quality opposition, and luck is fickle!

Last edited: