Royal showdown episode:
Peter the Great vs. Frederick the Great
Emperor Hirohito vs. Edward VIII
Mutsea II vs. Rama IX

Germany vs. America episode:
Marlene Dietrich vs. Bette Davis
A Tribe Called Quest vs. Die Fantastichen Vier
George Washington vs. Otto Von Bismarck

Wild. I love history and have Korean heritage, so this is interesting to see.

As for coming up with pop culture ideas based on the world of the mod, I think Chinese fantasy would be different. Many important works in Chinese fantasy genres are allegories for views on neoliberalism and the development of cities and the state in a post World War II economy. Without World War II, sadly, I think there would be much less anime or ACG influence on Chinese writers.

Wild. I love history and have Korean heritage, so this is interesting to see.

As for coming up with pop culture ideas based on the world of the mod, I think Chinese fantasy would be different. Many important works in Chinese fantasy genres are allegories for views on neoliberalism and the development of cities and the state in a post World War II economy. Without World War II, sadly, I think there would be much less anime or ACG influence on Chinese writers.
In this universe the Qing ended up unifying China, so I don’t know what art under them would be like. In fact most of Asia is now ruled by monarchies. I think the Russian occupied part of Japan is the only part ruled by an elected official without a monarch as a head of state.

Vice City is a black comedy crime film released in 1986 directed by Brian Del Palma and written by Oliver Stone. the film follows Tommy Vercetti’s rise to power in the criminal underworld of Miami. The film grossed $45 million Pacific Dollars at the domestic box office and $66 million worldwide. The initial critical reception was negative due to its graphic violence, profanity, sexual humor, and drug usage. The film was banned in the Commonwealth of America and its successor state Libertalia for eleven years. In the years that followed, critics reappraised it and is now considered one of the greatest gangster films of all time and is extensively referenced in pop culture, especially in music, television and video games.

In the film, New England mobster Tommy Vercetti is released from prison after a 15-year sentence. His boss Sonny Forelli, seeking to establish drug operations in the Commonwealth of America sends Tommy to Miami to oversee an important drug deal alongside crooked lawyer Ken Rosenberg. The deal is however ambushed by unknown assailants and Tommy barley escapes with his life. Furious about this turn of events, Sonny order Tommy to find the money and drugs and find out who was responsible for the ambush. Ken sends Tommy to a party hosted by retied Centroamerican colonel Juan Cortez, who organized the exchange. Cortez expresses regret for the ambush and offers his help in finding the culprit.

While investigating, Tommy learns about the Miami criminal underworld and starts establishing connections and allies. These include music director Kent Paul who is well connected with the drug trade; (which he needs to fuel his band’s voracious drug appetites) Lance Vance, who was part of the drug deal and lost his brother in the ambush; real estate mogul Avery Carrington who enlists Tommy’s help for several business deals; and the politically corrupt and money obsessed Pastor Richards who promises to keep the police of Tommy’s back in exchange for “donations” to his church. The investigation leads to Col. Cortez deducing that the kingpin Ricardo Diaz was responsible for the ambush. After infiltrating his organization, Tommy and Lance kill Diaz and take over his business. On Avery’s advice, Tommy expands his new criminal empire by establishing protection rackets, buying out bankrupt companies and using them as fronts for illicit operations. At the same time, Tommy engineers gang wars to expand his influence and helps Cortez flee the city after stealing Commonwealth military equipment. During this time, the relationship between Tommy and Lance sour due to Lance feeling sidelined in Tommy’s organization.

Eventually, Sonny Forelli gets fed up with waiting and goes to Miami himself to collect the money and drugs he believes he is owed. Tommy prepares to pay Sonny in counterfeit Commonwealth Dollars, however Lance tipped of Sonny beforehand and betrays Tommy. To add insult to injury, Sonny admits he was responsible for Tommy’s arrest fifteen years prior and that he made the ambush with Ricardo Diaz to get rid of Tommy. After a 10-minute shootout, Ken Rosenburg arrives at the scene and finds the bodies of Sonny and Lance. Tommy quickly assures Ken that no one from “up north” is going to bother them anymore and that Tommy is the undisputed kingpin of Miami.

Cast

Tommy Vercetti: Ray Liotta
Ken Rosenberg: Gene Wilder
Lance Vance: Eddie Murphy
Sonny Forelli: Robert De Niro
Avery Carrington: Dennis Farina
Col. Juan Garcia Cortez: Steven Seagal
Mercedes Cortez: Saundra Santiago
Kent Paul: Rod Stewart
Ricardo Diaz: Luis Guzmán
Pastor Richards: Wayne Newton

I made a poster for my Vice City movie

Vice City Poster 3.jpg

Image source:

View attachment 845241View attachment 845240
Thoughts on a Kaiserreich version of these two?
I feel The Last Airbender would be exactly the same (you can't fix perfection). In Legend of Korra, I could see Zaheer having a more prominent role as the main villain of the show, given that he is a self proclaimed anarchist. I could see him leading an anarchist movement, taking over Republic City, and trying to rule it in his image only to become disillusioned with it and then be ousted by a rival in the Red Lotus.

In terms of visuals and aesthetics, I could see Kuvira's Earth Empire having a more "German" look to it. I know they already have that look going for them in the original show but it should be more obvious.

76cac8de06c70aeba3abad634ee56d56.jpg

Satan's Alley. The directorial debut of independent Irish film maker Ross Hannity, starring Tobey Maguire and Kirk Lazarus, an Australasian actor notorious in the industry for his strict method acting. The film follows a tale of forbidden love between two Irish monks in the 14th century. It won the Beijing Film Festival's Crying Monkey award of 2008. A badge of (dis)honor given to films deemed "an unmitigated affront to good taste and decency". One critic described the film as being so blatantly homoerotic it makes the relationship in Brokeback Mountain look platonic by comparison. Many western filmmakers make it a point of pride to be awarded the Crying Monkey.

maxresdefault.jpg

Pas de trêve avec les Furies (or Les Furies for short) is a wild RPG developed by Estonia video game development syndicate ZA/UM which takes heavy inspiration from new wave science fiction, detective stories and pen and paper RPGs. The game takes place in an alternate history where the Halifax Agreement fell through, and France was partitioned between the German occupied north and the Entente occupied south. It was released in 2019 to critical acclaim. A novel and television series are rumored to be in development.

One cold spring morning, you the protagonist, wake up to a trashed motel room with a hangover from hell. You have no idea as to where you are, or even who you are. In fact, you don’t seem to know anything at all. As you explore your surroundings you begin to piece some things together. You are a police officer. You are in Paris; South Paris to be exact. The year is 1974. You are currently standing on Île Saint-Louis, the de facto dumping ground for all Paris’ rejects and undesirables. Perhaps most importantly, you were sent here three days ago to investigate a lynching, but instead went on a bender of legendary proportions.

Now, you resume the investigation with Lieutenant Kim Kallenberger, a fellow detective from the North Paris precinct. But the investigation is anything but routine… The victim, a security guard for a German based shipping company, stands at the center of a labor dispute between the local teamsters’ union, corrupt politicians, Syndicalist resistance fighters, corporate espionage, and international intrigues. The situation is getting worse by the minute. Blood on the streets looks inevitable, and everyone is looking to use you for their own ends. But of course, you’re not exactly a paragon of stability either; having over a dozen voices in your head, each of them vying for you to act on your impulses. Be it to try every drug known to man, convince you be become a syndicalist-venture capitalist, or to just dance to disco music.

Away up North in the land of Syndies,
Browder's Men and Burning Cities

Right Away, chorus: Right Away,
Come Away, chorus: Come Away,
Right Away, right away, come away

Where Marx is King and Men are Chattels
Marshall's boys will win the Battles

We'll all go see the Syndies;
Away, Away,

Each Syndie boy must understand,
That he must mind his Uncle Same,

Away, chorus: Away, Away, chorus: Away
We'll all go see the Syndies

I wish I was in NYC,
I've heard its quite a sight to be,

We'll put the traitors all to rout,
I'll bet my boots we'll whip em out

Away, Away,

We'll all go see the Syndies

And may our Stars and Stripes still wave,
Forever for the Free and Brave,

And may our motto ever be;
"For Union and for Liberty!"

Away, Away,

We'll all go see the Syndies!

1694659981095.jpeg

Saban's Masked Rider
Masked Rider is a 1995 live action television series produced by Saban Entertainment and Toei Company, Ltd. It is a North American adaptation of the 1988 Japanese television series Kamen Rider Black RX . Masked Rider is infamously known for being created as a tax evasion scheme it was an unintentional hit in the American union state despite the government ban on all Asian media it’s considered a spinoff of the Pacific state/New England’s Power Rangers Franchise. The reason that mask rider could be broadcast in the AUS while Power Rangers was banned due to a loophole that all commercial broadcasters to broadcast exclusively American made media due to the fact that it wasn’t legally, Japanese media being technically made by Renaissance Atlantic-Films and Bugboy Productions, Inc instead of Saban's and toei as well as the fact that it was filmed in the Pacific states

Animated_film_concept_art_2.jpg

Cats
is an animated musical fantasy film based on the 1981 stage musical of the same name by Andrew Lloyd Webber, which in turn is based on the 1939 poetry collection Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T. S. Elliot. The film was directed by Steven Spielberg and produced by by his own animation studio Amblimation.

Cats would be the last film made by the short lived Amblimation studio. The film takes place in the bombed out ruins of London during the final days of the Union of Britain. A tribe of cats called the Jellicle cats hold there annual Jellicle Ball in the bombed out ruins of the National Gallery where the cats compete to be chosen to go to the Heaviside Layer. Critics describes the film as being pretty to look at, but lacking any substantive plot or characters.

Although the film was a financial disaster, its subsequent sales on home video created a vast and dedicated cult following. Over the years, the fandom has grown into a vast subculture. Screenings of the film are generally referred by the fandom as Jellicle Balls where fans dress up as there favorite characters and sing along to the music. Steven Spielberg, after attending one of the "Jellicle Ball" screenings described the experience as "enlightening".

Animated_film_concept_art.jpg
Rum_Tum_Tugger_and_Kittens_Concept_Art_Animated_Film.jpg
Animated_film_character_concept_art.jpg
Animated_film_Gus_concept_art (1).jpg