Red Alert - Our 1953 USSR

Umm... wrong leader... and he was an infant/toddler.
Tsk tsk tsk, if only you knew...
1715470576218.jpeg

I mean people are already planning to win the Moon race.
We need an unified Soviet Space Agency for that. Put Korolev in front of the organization and subject all bureaus to a central space administration. This will be much more efficient than the system that the Soviets had OTL.

But if we want to use all the benefits of enlarging our commitement to the space race, we need to reduce red tape and the level of military secrecy placed on the technogies developed by the Soviet Space Program in partnership with the Soviet Armed Forces. The United States has a very clear partnership between Nasa, the Air Force and the Private sector.

We need our own version of that. The money we invest going to the moon can be astronomically more beneficial to the average citizen than building thousands of tanks to overhelm the Rhine River, but we need to allow the know-how to flow more efficiently. This will obviously reduce the effectiveness of our counterintelligence operations. The US will more quickly and effectively get a grip on our tech, but we can't continue to stiff the flow of information between the sectors of our economy or we will be bypassed in things like semiconductors.

Last edited:
I don't think he said it out loud, not even in a secret speech.

By our own design his approach should be different than Kruschev's.

I agree, if he did that we would know it via protests in Georgia and USSR (Stalin was quite beloved figure and some people wanted past to stay in the past), unrest in Estern block and it would have been brought up on our meeting with Mao who criticized it otl. Stalin was a person that basically spread Communism across the world and set up an example to follow for some people, you cannot criticize him without getting criticized in return.

Zhukov probably just quietly rolled back most oppresive Stalins policies, allowed some private critique of Stalin without officially endorsing it, started gradually releasing and rehabilitating his political prisoners and acknowledged that some mistakes were indeed made, but leadership was good overall.

Generally you'll probably still see Stalins picture in Victory day march in USSR as well as across Communist world.