One king died in battle for the first time in 584 years and the other one is a prisoner. Its not the best time to be a french man. The League of Public Veal must be popping champagne by now.
Yep, i expect an enormous ammount of land and money will be demanded or Charlie IX will be in the dungeons for a long time.

Philip is definitely gonna take the opportunity to take Burgundy back. And Charles won't be alone as a guest of his uncle.
Yay! More Prisioners!

And the Scourge of France will help himself a good slice of the french pie (charles of lorraine)

And i hope richard iv can get a good slice too.

Yay! More Prisioners!
Now who's being taken prisoner with Charles? That is to be seen.
And the Scourge of France will help himself a good slice of the french pie (charles of lorraine)
Charles will aim for a particular county in France. Have fun guessing which it will be.
And i hope richard iv can get a good slice too.
Richard is aiming for a County as well and the heiress to another for his son. Plantagenet are gonna Plantagenet.

Lots of guessing games for the readers!

I promised that his moment would be spectacular, didn't I?
And it is indeed spectacular. Bravo, Blueflowwer, you've defo outdone yourself in the last two chapters.
I can say that the Duchy of Burgundy will become a point of interest for France and the Low Countries. And England wants something as well.
Hmm wdym considering that the Grand Duke of Brabant now claims their ducal authority from Brabant who'll control the Duchy of Burgundy now? Giving Charles of Lorraine Burgundy would be interesting tho.

As with England wanting a piece I'm wondering what it is in general.
Charles is gonna aim for a part of France for himself.
I wonder what the duke of Lorraine will take...

And it is indeed spectacular. Bravo, Blueflowwer, you've defo outdone yourself in the last two chapters.
Originally I never planned for Charles to kill the king in battle. Beat his army? Yes, that would be good. Take the king captive during the war? Yes, that would also be epic. And then I just realised that he's Charles the Bolds grandson, so I thought go big or go home. I think I nailed it.
Hmm wdym considering that the Grand Duke of Brabant now claims their ducal authority from Brabant who'll control the Duchy of Burgundy now? Giving Charles of Lorraine Burgundy would be interesting tho.
The Duchy of Burgundy was handed to France in 1480 with Isabella of Burgundys marriage as peace. Philip is definitely gonna want it back now.
As with England wanting a piece I'm wondering what it is in general.
Let's just say the regions around Calais might be interesting.
I wonder what the duke of Lorraine will take...
I shall never tell you! 😉

Originally I never planned for Charles to kill the king in battle. Beat his army? Yes, that would be good. Take the king captive during the war? Yes, that would also be epic. And then I just realised that he's Charles the Bolds grandson, so I thought go big or go home. I think I nailed it.
You defo nailed it, and the death is definitely glorious. It'd be remembered as the worst days of France in general.

I wonder what symbol would France have as a patriotic symbol ittl. The double cross defo won't work.
The Duchy of Burgundy was handed to France in 1480 with Isabella of Burgundys marriage as peace. Philip is definitely gonna want it back now.
Considering France's duplicity in taking it yeah I see why Phillip wants it back. It's his family's lands too.
Let's just say the regions around Calais might be interesting.
That's true and an English port on the mainland is defo good.
I shall never tell you! 😉
Awwww

After this war, Frisia shall be next!

You defo nailed it, and the death is definitely glorious. It'd be remembered as the worst days of France in general.

I wonder what symbol would France have as a patriotic symbol ittl. The double cross defo won't work.

Considering France's duplicity in taking it yeah I see why Phillip wants it back. It's his family's lands too.

That's true and an English port on the mainland is defo good.

Awwww

After this war, Frisia shall be next!
In this TL, France is kind of having a dark period from 1486 to 1530, giving that they lost the mad war rather then winning it as otl. 1530 is when things are gonna look much better for them and no one else.

Philip is definitely aiming to take his whole inheritance back.

Richard is gonna be getting some lands in France due to this calamity. Of course whether or not he will keep them in the long run is another question.

First Burgundy, then Frisia. Frisia is gonna be Philip's last conquest before his death in 1517.

Last edited: