Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VII (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Stereotypical Cyberpunk.
KVetGu2.png
Dieselpunk List.
vHAF8Ug.png

Hubert Horatio Humphrey Jr. (May 27, 1911 – July 7, 1977) was an American pharmacist and politician who served a Senator representing Minnesota from 1949 to 1967. As a senator he was a supporter of modern liberalism in the United States. Once considered a Presidential hopeful, his continual striving for the office reduced his stature, and led him to be considered as a perennial candidate.

Born in Wallace, South Dakota, Humphrey attended the University of Minnesota. In 1943, he became a professor of political science at Macalester College and ran a failed campaign for mayor of Minneapolis. He helped found the Minnesota Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party (DFL) in 1944; the next year he was elected mayor of Minneapolis, serving until 1948 and co-founding the liberal anti-communist group Americans for Democratic Action in 1947. In 1948, he was elected to the U.S. Senate and successfully advocated for the inclusion of a proposal to end racial segregation in the 1948 Democratic National Convention's party platform.

Humphrey served three terms in the Senate from 1949 to 1967. During this time, he was the lead author of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, introduced the first initiative to create the Peace Corps, and chaired the Select Committee on Disarmament. He unsuccessfully sought his party's presidential nomination in 1952, 1956, 1960, and 1964, coming closest in 1964 but losing to John Kennedy.

In 1966 Humphrey would lose his Senate seat in an upset, a loss largely attributed to his absence from Minnesota in pursuit of his ambitions. After his defeat, Humphrey continued to seek the Presidency every four years, although his support had largely evaporated. He also attempted to return to the Senate, his old role as Mayor of Minneapolis, as well as novel runs for Governor and House. All of his attempts to return to government failed, and Humphrey died while planning another run for Governor following his failure to secure the 1976 Democratic nomination. Humphrey was often compared to fellow Minnesota Presidential hopeful turned perennial candidate Harold Stassen.

View attachment 894155
Hubert Horatio Humphrey Jr. (May 27, 1911 – July 15, 1948) was an American pharmacist and politician who served as the 35th Mayor of Minneapolis from 1945 to 1948.

Born in Wallace, South Dakota, Humphrey attended the University of Minnesota. In 1945, he was elected mayor of Minneapolis. He helped found the Minnesota Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party (DFL)and the liberal anti-communist group Americans for Democratic Action.

In 1948 Humphrey, a front-runner for a Senate nomination successfully advocated for the inclusion of a proposal to end racial segregation in the 1948 Democratic National Convention's party platform. Humphrey’s final public appearance was a powerful speech in favor of civil rights on July 14.

On July 15, Humphrey was declared missing, having failed to appear at any further Convention festivities. He was last seen going for a walk. He was eventually presumed dead, his disappearance provoking much speculation. Some suspect some nefarious Segregationist plot, although suicide or a chance murder on the streets of Philadelphia seem the most likely.

IMG_1939.jpeg

Hubert Horatio Humphrey Jr. (May 27, 1911 – July 15, 1948) was an American pharmacist and politician who served as the 35th Mayor of Minneapolis from 1945 to 1948.

Born in Wallace, South Dakota, Humphrey attended the University of Minnesota. In 1945, he was elected mayor of Minneapolis. He helped found the Minnesota Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party (DFL)and the liberal anti-communist group Americans for Democratic Action.

In 1948 Humphrey, a front-runner for a Senate nomination successfully advocated for the inclusion of a proposal to end racial segregation in the 1948 Democratic National Convention's party platform. Humphrey’s final public appearance was a powerful speech in favor of civil rights on July 14.

On July 15, Humphrey was declared missing, having failed to appear at any further Convention festivities. He was last seen going for a walk. He was eventually presumed dead, his disappearance provoking much speculation. Some suspect some nefarious Segregationist plot, although suicide or a chance murder on the streets of Philadelphia seem the most likely.

View attachment 896975
Is this from that timeline where Humphrey gets stuck in a time loop? I guess this is the timeline in which he disappeared from before being stuck to relive his life over and over again.

Oregon federal election.png

Since 2010, Samuel Alexander has been the First Speaker of the Federal Republic of Oregon[1]. His first four-year term featured him governing with a slim majority, passing a largely focused on economic issues. Taxes were reduced for most income brackets (with the goal of eventually turning towards a flat-tax rate) while also cutting back environmental regulations, particularly to the benefit of the lucrative timber industry in Oregon. Upon a landslide victory in 2014, Alexander turned toward a more hard-right position, particularly in response to large amounts of South Asian and Latin American migrants that had grown in population since the early 1990s[2]. Large amounts of migrants were deported throughout the late 2010s, and the Federal Gendarmerie increased in size and capacity to handle their increased policing responsibilities. In 2016, the National and United Christian Parties combined into the Civic Identity Party - a nationalistic conservative party committed to utilizing the Federal Government to push a more conservative moral agenda[3]. Utilizing his massive Senate majorities, Alexander stacked the Federal judiciary with Conservative judges and purged Federal agencies of non-loyalists. Educational institutions, from elementary schools to universities, were increasingly policed and those who violated new patriotic education guidelines were targeted. In particular, promotion of LGBTQ+ materials would result in hefty fines, and at times imprisonment.

The Civic Identity Party would win again in 2018 and the 2019 special election, despite failing to win a majority of the popular vote, Alexander retained strong majorities in the Senate. With this, Alexander held control of redistricting in 2020, which featured the most intense partisan and racial gerrymandering in the history of Oregon since independence. The 2020 Pandemic featured Alexander embrace a more autocratic mode of governance, increasingly utilizing his executive office to pass regulations without the consent of the Senate. Alexander's most dramatic usage of executive authority came in 2021. During that summer, while the Federal Gendarmerie was conducting a raid in a Seattle neighborhood, his police shot and several unarmed South Asian migrants. Following this moment, protests erupted in several Oregonian cities, mostly in Vancouver and Seattle[4]. In response, Alexander ordered the Federal Gendarmerie to crack down on the protestors, culminating in the Gardner Hill Massacre in Seattle where 11 protestors were shot dead by the Gendarmerie. This brutal show of force triggered condemnation from around the world, but particularly from the United Kingdom, United States, and Mexico. In response, Alexander ordered his party to withdraw Oregon from the North American Union, further isolating Oregon from its North American neighbors.

In 2023, the Civic Identity Party won a commanding 2/3 majority. With the ability to transform the Constitution, Alexander's goals are a far-reaching transformation of the Oregonian Nation. From forever limiting immigration, to declaring Oregon a Protestant Christian State, to forbidding most income taxes, the goals of the Civic Identity are broad and boundless.

[1] Basically US does not acquire Oregon (they do annex Mexican California in the 1890s) and the region remains under British Control. In 1920, what is OTL Southern British Columbia, Washington, Oregon, and Idaho become part of the Federal Republic of Oregon. Rest of British North America remains more or less under British control into the 2020s, though they have a degree of autonomy.
[2] Oregon is traditionally a white and conservative nation in North America. The Northwest does not develop quite as much as it does in otl, and is several million people smaller. Along with this a bunch of white southerners (and northerners) angered by black suffrage in the 1870s migrate to the region. From around 1989 to 2010, Oregon was under the control of an economically liberal, immigrant friendly set of political parties before Alexander took charge in 2010.
[3] Similar to what you would see in otl red-states, though a bit more friendly towards the welfare state.
[4] Most immigrants settled in west coast cities.

Colorado & Missouri
Alaska
Florida
Connecticut
Wisconsin
Washington, DC
Delaware
Ohio

Next up, Montana!

bUdEa5e.png

Turner Bison SC is one of a few clubs around the country owned by Ted Turner. At least one more will show up in this series.

I did think about having the league not be split and just having it be in the summer or something, but with going state by state I didn't really want to make the scheduling more complicated for when I get to the American Championship, and this way it adds a bit more interesting variation to how the leagues are structured.

View attachment 897544View attachment 897545View attachment 897546View attachment 897547

View attachment 897548View attachment 897549View attachment 897550

View attachment 897551

I have been busy, and I haven't been able to make a huge fucking collage of World War 3. So uh... have elections of Russian and America.
I wonder what will happen to Turkey in this scenario, or to other countries who will find themselves swept to a war they probably did not even expect to begin with.
In the case of Turkey, we were led by an SHP-DYP Coalition with Demirel being the PM (SHP was the more leftist successor of the CHP led by the son of İsmet İnönü, former academician Erdal İnönü, who was somewhat interested in politics, though, in 1992, they would find themselves in a split, with splitters re-establishing CHP, with them later unifying in 1995 under the name of CHP, as the name CHP has more history compared to SHP, though the former leader of CHP before the 1980 Coup, Bülent Ecevit, would continue with his party, DSP, and refuse to join to the newly-re-established-and-unified CHP, while DYP being the successor of the AP, which itself was a successor of the DP, which closed after 1960 Coup, led by Süleyman Demirel), with the President being Turgut Özal, former Prime Minister from the ANAP (though no longer, as Presidents needed to be non-partisan), so I wonder what kind of actions would be taken.

Uh, you might wanna move this or censor it given that it has the current POTUS.
I believe that rule only applies when it's the same person with the same job at the same time as OTL. Elections featuring Biden as President in the '80s and '90s has always been allowed in this thread I thought. And 2000 is far enough away from present to not count as current politics.

Colorado & Missouri
Alaska
Florida
Connecticut
Wisconsin
Washington, DC
Delaware
Ohio

Next up, Montana!

bUdEa5e.png

Turner Bison SC is one of a few clubs around the country owned by Ted Turner. At least one more will show up in this series.

I did think about having the league not be split and just having it be in the summer or something, but with going state by state I didn't really want to make the scheduling more complicated for when I get to the American Championship, and this way it adds a bit more interesting variation to how the leagues are structured.
I absolutely love this series, but I have a bit of a nitpick: I checked the population of Havre and Tester Assiniboine Stadium has more capacity than the whole population of the town. The whole county the town is has just 4000 inhabitants over the capacity. Overall it's something I've noticed all over this series, it's super cool but stadium dimensions are really exaggerated.

what timeline?
The poster of the timeline being quoted has been posting a series of info boxes where Humphrey has a different career where it’s implied OTL Humphrey has been trapped in a time loop and he keeps acting on his knowledge of OTL (for instance hating Nixon way earlier than he ever did OTL or breaking with Johnson over Vietnam as VP).

I absolutely love this series, but I have a bit of a nitpick: I checked the population of Havre and Tester Assiniboine Stadium has more capacity than the whole population of the town. The whole county the town is has just 4000 inhabitants over the capacity. Overall it's something I've noticed all over this series, it's super cool but stadium dimensions are really exaggerated.
A lot of this is just because stadiums in the US generally tend to be bigger than you would expect elsewhere. Some of this is because of colleges and universities being nearby, some of it is the stadiums are drawing from a wider area, some is because of sponsors or building booms, but also it's just that frequently in the US stadiums aren't expect to sell out all the time.

For Havre, for instance, it has the capacity it does because the crowd draw is probably going to be from Hill, Blaine, Chateau, and Liberty counties, and because with the stadium partially owned by Senator Jon Tester's family it was built with a little bigger than it probably needed to be.