As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Down below is the logo Columbia Pictures used from 1976 thru '82, introduced a year after they and DC Comics were acquired by CBS.

Sir Daniel Abbott:
"Raggedy Ann and Andy: A Musical Adventure was the first time I really saw my credit on screen. In 1977, when I first saw the finished film at a screening in New York, I realized my life had really changed as soon as the picture opened with the Torch Lady. I learned later that it was Columbia who brought Monty Python to America when they gave me early VHS copies of both Holy Grail and Raggedy Ann. Anyways, when the premiere at Radio City Music Hall was over, Peter Guber who was then Columbia's chairman, offered me and Eric Goldberg a chance to run a rebirth of Charles Mintz's old Screen Gems cartoon studio. Mr. Paley at CBS apparently told him that he felt Eric and I were too young for that level of responsibility. I was 19 and Eric was about to turn 22 at the time. Columbia later relaunched Screen Gems around 1988 and hired Bruce Timm away from Warners three years later."​

I assume that the 2008 gobal fiancla criss is inbabale but is it that criss could be sofften a little by a lack of the 9//11 attacks no iraq war and the policy of the winestine admiinstion. If so then hopelfy the dubialand themepark will be closer to orignal vison. PS do you think that walt disney jr would be intersted in building a park in the dubland complex

I assume that the 2008 gobal fiancla criss is inbabale but is it that criss could be sofften a little by a lack of the 9//11 attacks no iraq war and the policy of the winestine admiinstion. If so then hopelfy the dubialand themepark will be closer to orignal vison. PS do you think that walt disney jr would be intersted in building a park in the dubland complex
As tempting as it would be to build a Dubai theme park, the LGBT community might take issue with that because the UAE is still an extremely homophobic nation.

Entertainment News for Early to Mid-June 2006

Two months after his father's knighting, Devon Abbott graduates from Burbank High School and will enroll in an animation training program this September.
- KCOP (Fox O&O) Local News
Good for him.
Grantray-Lawrence exploring a possible rebrand as 20th Century-Fox Animation.
- The Hollywood Reporter
Shame it had to come to this, but this could be a good thing.
Former Warner Bros. animator Blanche St. Pierre, now with Nelvana's Los Angeles office, legally changes her name to Blanche Boudreaux. When asked about the change, Blanche said that her Aunt Ivy and Uncle Andre Boudreaux took better care of her and her siblings than her biological mother Bridgette St. Pierre.
- The Los Angeles Times
Fine reasons for that.
As Disney resumes production of Team Atlantis, Sir Daniel Abbott confirms that Michael J. Fox intends to return to the project to voice Milo Thatch.
- Ain't It Cool News
Great!
The Sports Page
The New Orleans Saints confirm every home game for 2006 is sold out.
- ESPN
See above.
After years of fan petitions, SBC will finally reinstate David Shire's "Manhattan Skyline" as the theme for Wednesday Night Hockey this coming October. The network originally retired the theme after the 1984-85 season, citing a larger cultural shift away from disco at the time.
Cool, hope it goes well.
Jaguar Watch
Jaguars and St. Louis inch closer to relocation deal. Jacksonville is still exploring its own options while the NFL tries to avert relocation efforts.
- The New York Times
Just move the team to St. Louis already!
Amy Trask officially appointed as Paul Tagliabue's successor as NFL commissioner. This comes amid the uncertainty surrounding the immediate future of the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- CNN
Welp, I got what I wanted I guess.
WLAF Stallions could stay one more year pending the resolution of the NFL's situation involving the possible arrival of the Jaguars from Jacksonville.
- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Move the Stallions to Jacksonville lol.
Pro wrestler and actor Dwayne Johnson makes an unsolicited offer to buy the Jaguars to keep the team in Jacksonville.
- The Florida Times-Union
Like THAT's gonna work.

As tempting as it would be to build a Dubai theme park, the LGBT community might take issue with that because the UAE is still an extremely homophobic nation.
How about a diseny park in turkey or jordan then. Homeosexality is legal in those two countries accordign to wikipedia. Also if disney is willing to build in dubia then would you consider Bally PArmoaunt or six kings building in dubia

How about a diseny park in turkey or jordan then. Homeosexality is legal in those two countries accordign to wikipedia. Also if disney is willing to build in dubia then would you consider Bally PArmoaunt or six kings building in dubia
The decision to steer clear of Dubai is also personal for Walt, Jr. since Tiffany had just tied the knot with Joyce Chung a year ago.

Under Junior's watch, Disney does not export their material to mainland China or Russia. The latter is because when Putin took over for Yeltsin, that sent a clear message that Russia did not really change much since the USSR collapsed.

I could use a little more background on Jordan and Turkey's LGBT record because I know very little IOTL. Also, if Turkey is to be an option, I'll need some butterflies to keep Erdogan out of office. Also, I don't know when exactly homosexuality became accepted in Jordan IOTL.

LGBT advocates in the Chicagoland area have written letters to Jeffrey Bewkes to shut down his attempt to build a Bally's World of Wonder in Dubai, stating that going forward could undermine efforts by HBO, The Hub and Comedy Central to improve LGBT representation on their programming.

The decision to steer clear of Dubai is also personal for Walt, Jr. since Tiffany had just tied the knot with Joyce Chung a year ago.

Under Junior's watch, Disney does not export their material to mainland China or Russia. The latter is because when Putin took over for Yeltsin, that sent a clear message that Russia did not really change much since the USSR collapsed.

I could use a little more background on Jordan and Turkey's LGBT record because I know very little IOTL. Also, if Turkey is to be an option, I'll need some butterflies to keep Erdogan out of office. Also, I don't know when exactly homosexuality became accepted in Jordan IOTL.

LGBT advocates in the Chicagoland area have written letters to Jeffrey Bewkes to shut down his attempt to build a Bally's World of Wonder in Dubai, stating that going forward could undermine efforts by HBO, The Hub and Comedy Central to improve LGBT representation on their programming.
IF Disney isn't exporting material to mianland china I doubt they would build shagia disneyland.. Pontial alternate locations include vanconver cannaa, Cancun mexico,, punta can domonic republic jeuju island south korea (possily on the otl stie of jeju shawia world) durbinick coriatia prague chech republic or warsaw poland. PS here is informaiton on turkey and Jordan gay rights records

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Jordan

Before we proceed with July 2006 is there anything you guys want me to cover that I may have missed?
Bit of one for the future ITTL, but seeing as LOTR trilogy pretty much ended up the same as OTL, I wonder if under better circumstances that the Hobbit trilogy never happens but instead is made into one film here and perhaps earlier than OTL.

Also, depending on how well things go, this might see a Middle-Earth cinematic universe (Peter Jackson acting like a show runner here) if you like if they manage to adapt 'The Silmarillion' or even the tale of 'Beren and Lúthien' for film, the latter I feel could be adapted very well to film if placed in the hands of the right director.

There are many tales from Middle-Earth that could be done as say anthologies and might be a better version of the OTL 'Rings of Power' series in which that might not happen at all if all this happens.

So it seams that Parmont or six kings and Turner would be more likely to build in dubia then bally but a bally park in dubia is sill possable. If the dubia park is axed where would bally build next

@QTXAdsy
How come The Hobbit wound up being stretched out into a trilogy IOTL?
IIRC, it was supposed to be two but production was such a headache with Jackson having to step in at the last minute and didn't have the time needed to get things in order so a third film was needed.

If they immediately started planning ahead for a solo Hobbit movie ITTL with Jackson acting as a Executive Producer (or show runner for TTL's Middle-Earth cinematic universe?) For a release for 2010/11 then things would end up much better for all concern and TBF to the OTL Hobbit trilogy, given what they had to put up with, it is a miracle that we got something at the very least half decent when it could have been much worse.

@QTXAdsy
As for Rings of Power, should that wait till streaming becomes a thing or can it be made sooner than IOTL for premium cable?
I wouldn’t even make it just have the lord of the rings and the hobbit and be done with middle earth and in terms of who I personally would want to be the director of the hobbit if Peter Jackson is uninterested I would like either Guillermo Del Toro or Bryan Singer to direct the hobbit

Did the curius george movie come in febuary 2006 or pushbacked or butterflied. I hope it was butterfiled it was america last therical 2d family film that wasn't released by disney

@nick_crenshaw82
Blanche Boudreaux, the artist formerly known as Blanche St. Pierre, I would imagine having some resemblance to Christina Ricci (left) and Lacey Chabert (right) through her adolescence and well into her adult years.
7e2428ac3c97f9a49a8d0ca8bd7cbaa1.jpg
MV5BOTczNzY1NzIyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDg3NTM0MjE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Entertainment News for Mid to Late June 2006

As King Features Syndicate entertains offers from Peacock and Paramount on a possible reboot of Defenders of the Earth, KFS says regardless of who wins the bidding war, they hope to regain the Popeye multimedia rights except for theme parks from Turner Broadcasting.
- The San Francisco Chronicle

Principal photography begins on the live action adaptation of Transformers with TriStar planning a June or July 2007 release.
- Entertainment Tonight

Paramount confirms on its MySpace page that they will announce the details of their multimedia partnership with Mattel at next month's San Diego Comic Con.
- Variety

Google expresses an interest in acquiring the world's fastest growing video website YouTube.
- CNN

Peacock, Apple Corps reach an agreement to jointly licence Yellow Submarine to Limited Run for a VHS reissue for the film's 40th anniversary in 2008.
- BBC

Trans World Entertainment, parent company of For Your Entertainment (FYE), Sam Goody and Suncoast, along with Blockbuster, Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy and Circuit City scrap initial plans to remove VHS sections from their respective stores to stock Limited Run tapes.
- Billboard

Rumor Mill
Fox planning to put The Simpsons on a one- or two-year hiatus after next year's theatrical movie.
- BVN

After a false start several years ago, King Features hopes once again to convince Chris Savino to help revive the Krazy Kat property.
- Animation Magazine

Lionsgate says as soon as they complete their acquisitions of ADV, Geneon and World Events Productions, they hope to open negotiations with the major theme park chains.
- The Vancouver Sun

The Sports Page
Chevron pumps $49 million USD into the naming rights to the San Francisco 49ers' new stadium which is on track to open in 2007. The deal will take effect when the stadium opens for preseason games and will be up for renewal in 2022.
- ESPN

As King Features Syndicate entertains offers from Peacock and Paramount on a possible reboot of Defenders of the Earth, KFS says regardless of who wins the bidding war, they hope to regain the Popeye multimedia rights except for theme parks from Turner Broadcasting.
- The San Francisco Chronicle

Principal photography begins on the live action adaptation of Transformers with TriStar planning a June or July 2007 release.
- Entertainment Tonight

Paramount confirms on its MySpace page that they will announce the details of their multimedia partnership with Mattel at next month's San Diego Comic Con.
- Variety

Google expresses an interest in acquiring the world's fastest growing video website YouTube.
- CNN

Peacock, Apple Corps reach an agreement to jointly licence Yellow Submarine to Limited Run for a VHS reissue for the film's 40th anniversary in 2008.
- BBC

Trans World Entertainment, parent company of For Your Entertainment (FYE), Sam Goody and Suncoast, along with Blockbuster, Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy and Circuit City scrap initial plans to remove VHS sections from their respective stores to stock Limited Run tapes.
- Billboard

Rumor Mill
Fox planning to put The Simpsons on a one- or two-year hiatus after next year's theatrical movie.
- BVN

After a false start several years ago, King Features hopes once again to convince Chris Savino to help revive the Krazy Kat property.
- Animation Magazine

Lionsgate says as soon as they complete their acquisitions of ADV, Geneon and World Events Productions, they hope to open negotiations with the major theme park chains.
- The Vancouver Sun

The Sports Page
Chevron pumps $49 million USD into the naming rights to the San Francisco 49ers' new stadium which is on track to open in 2007. The deal will take effect when the stadium opens for preseason games and will be up for renewal in 2022.
- ESPN
Since lionsgate is intersted in themeparks perhaps dubialand will reachout theam