As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Yeah, I just can't believe that EVERYONE's dropping Kayne THAT FAST!

I did not expect none of that to happen that quick...
That's what happens when real-world news spreads fast. It retroactively changes the timelines of others.

Yes, I know that's the reverse of what a changed timeline is supposed to look like, but still.

Ghost Rider (2007 Film)
ghost-rider-2007-42-g.jpg

Ghost Rider
Released by 20th Century-Fox on February 23, 2007

Based upon characters created by
Gary Friedrich
Roy Thomas
Mike Ploog

Written and Directed by
Mark Steven Johnson

Executive Producer
Fred Dekker

Visual effects produced by
Industrial Light & Magic

Musical score
Christopher Young

Soundtrack featuring
KMFDM (Megalomaniac, Leid und Elend, Anarchy) [1]
Fear Factory (Genetic Blueprint)
Pitchshifter (Genius)
Soundgarden (Ty Cobb)
Junkie XL (Def Beat)

Main Cast
Nicolas Cage as Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider
All other cast members are the same as OTL.

[1] KMFDM's songs Megalomaniac and Leid und Elend, both from the Symbols album, were previously used by Luxor on Mortal Kombat: Annihilation and Shezow.

Changes from OTL
Ghost Rider is the first R-rated entry in the Dekkerverse since Blade: Trinity in 2004.
The "Karate Monkey" and "Jelly Beans" scenes were trimmed out when test audiences deemed the humor unnecessary.
TTL's version includes Extended Cut scenes of Johnny's relationship with his father.​

ghost-rider-2007-42-g.jpg

Ghost Rider
Released by 20th Century-Fox on February 23, 2007

Based upon characters created by
Gary Friedrich
Roy Thomas
Mike Ploog

Written and Directed by
Mark Steven Johnson

Executive Producer
Fred Dekker

Visual effects produced by
Industrial Light & Magic

Musical score
Christopher Young

Soundtrack featuring
KMFDM (Megalomaniac, Leid und Elend, Anarchy) [1]
Fear Factory (Genetic Blueprint)
Pitchshifter (Genius)
Soundgarden (Ty Cobb)
Junkie XL (Def Beat)

Main Cast
Nicolas Cage as Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider
All other cast members are the same as OTL.

[1] KMFDM's songs Megalomaniac and Leid und Elend, both from the Symbols album, were previously used by Luxor on Mortal Kombat: Annihilation and Shezow.

Changes from OTL
Ghost Rider is the first R-rated entry in the Dekkerverse since Blade: Trinity in 2004.
The "Karate Monkey" and "Jelly Beans" scenes were trimmed out when test audiences deemed the humor unnecessary.
TTL's version includes Extended Cut scenes of Johnny's relationship with his father.​
Cool!

Great job, but Marc Webb was approached by Universal to direct an edgy reboot of the Archie Riverdale story when we get to SDCC 2007. But TMNT is on the way!

How are the Looney Tunes doing in this timeline?
Warner Home Video and Turner Home Entertainment have been collaborating on the Gold Collection DVD's for about four years now.

Turner still owns the Pre-1948 Technicolor shorts while Warner Bros. still owns the B&W Looney Tunes along with all Post-1949 shorts, including revival shorts made by CMJ in the 1990's. Both have kept the original negatives at the Library of Congress. Turner continued to use AAP prints of the shorts they own well into the early 2000's. In recent years, both Turner and WB have hopped on the restoration bandwagon after keeping an eye on how Disney has handled restoration of its library. In other words, the LT and MM shorts in TTL's Gold Collection sets were scanned at a high resolution with picture and sound cleaned thoroughly before being put on disc.

Since nitrate is so delicate, both Turner and WB have been digitizing their respective Looney Tune libraries on both digital file servers and newer physical film stock since 1991.

ITTL, Theo Gluck and John Lowry (seen in this OTL 2005 clip) oversees Disney's restorations. Besides remastering Disney's animated classic canon for Platinum Edition and Limited Run reissues, Gluck is also overseeing Lowry Digital's restorations of 20th Century-Fox's Movietoon cartoons, both from the original 1945-63 era and the 1985-90 revival era.

Entertainment News for Mid-February 2007
Entertainment News for Mid-February 2007

Kurt Cobain is turning 40. To mark the occasion, Sir Daniel Abbott revealed a fan letter Cobain had written in 1985 when Abbott was working on the Fox Movietoon revival shorts.
- Variety

Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation
Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA

Dear Whoever Reads This,

Here in Aberdeen, we have only one movie theatre still playing movies. In fact, the only things worth buying tickets for anymore is when you guys made that Japanese cartoon last year about that chick with the green hair and tiger bikini. Other than that, I heard you guys put out a new Casper cartoon. So the other day, I went to see that out of morbid curiosity. While the other kids in the theatre were more interested in seeing Alec Baldwin fly around in a metal suit, St. Louis Boos inspired me to scrounge any paper and pens I can get my hands on and make my own cartoon with my beat-up Super 8 camera. If music doesn't work out for me, maybe I can land an animation job with you guys.

Sincerely,
Kurt
Age 18

The Sports Page
This year's Mardi Gras was extended to a weeklong celebration to commemorate the Saints' first-ever Super Bowl victory.
- ESPN

Kurt Cobain is turning 40. To mark the occasion, Sir Daniel Abbott revealed a fan letter Cobain had written in 1985 when Abbott was working on the Fox Movietoon revival shorts.
- Variety

Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation
Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA

Dear Whoever Reads This,

Here in Aberdeen, we have only one movie theatre still playing movies. In fact, the only things worth buying tickets for anymore is when you guys made that Japanese cartoon last year about that chick with the green hair and tiger bikini. Other than that, I heard you guys put out a new Casper cartoon. So the other day, I went to see that out of morbid curiosity. While the other kids in the theatre were more interested in seeing Alec Baldwin fly around in a metal suit, St. Louis Boos inspired me to scrounge any paper and pens I can get my hands on and make my own cartoon with my beat-up Super 8 camera. If music doesn't work out for me, maybe I can land an animation job with you guys.

Sincerely,
Kurt
Age 18

The Sports Page
This year's Mardi Gras was extended to a weeklong celebration to commemorate the Saints' first-ever Super Bowl victory.
- ESPN
Mardi Gras lasting a whole week should be revisited in future years, depending on the occasion.

But Kurt Cobain's letter to Daniel Abbott was pure magic. I mean, if an 18 year old can get into a Casper cartoon as much as a 10 year old does after seeing Beautiful Dreamer the year before, then that should show how Walt Disney Junior might very well have outpaced his father in the company's legacy and history books.

OIP.OC8CGlFdOeOPr_KlJtnvlAHaH5
kurt-cobain-if-he-were-alive-today.jpg

Kurt Cobain (Left: Kurt at 18 in 1985, Center: Kurt at 26, Right: Kurt at 40)
"I can't believe you saved my letter this whole time. I wrote it thinking it would get tossed after a day or two."

de5c4uz-9cffd14a-d8a4-4707-8526-069e20922b59.jpg

Sir Daniel Abbott (File Photo from 1992)
"Of all the letters we received during that period, I found yours to be very profound. Your mention of how St. Louis Boos inspired you to create your own cartoon indicated to Rachel, myself and the entire Movietoon revival crew [1] that we were stricking the right chord with moviegoers."

[1] Fox Movietoon revival alumni, many of whom went on to greater success elsewhere:
Joe Macdonald (@HonestAbe1809)
Stephanie Macdonald (Joe's sister; @HonestAbe1809)
Mark Evanier
Scott Shaw
Linda Woolverton
Floyd Norman
Rachel Stone
Tom Ruegger
Bruce Timm
Eddie Fitzgerald
Eric Goldberg
Andreas Deja
John Semper, Jr.
Brad Bird
Bob Camp
Lincoln Peirce
Lynne Naylor
Chris Reccardi
Obie Scott Wade
Larry Houston
Eric Lewald
James Baxter​

MV5BMTU5MTI3Mjg1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODczNDUwMw@@._V1_.jpg

Wayne Gretzky
(Commissioner; National Hockey League)

"The collaborative effort between Gus St. Pierre and Tom Benson in partnership with the Boys and Girls Clubs of New Orleans has been astounding. Now there are eight ice rinks hosting 32 youth hockey teams throughout New Orleans, Metairie and the surrounding suburbs."​

MV5BMTU5MTI3Mjg1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODczNDUwMw@@._V1_.jpg

Wayne Gretzky
(Commissioner; National Hockey League)

"The collaborative effort between Gus St. Pierre and Tom Benson in partnership with the Boys and Girls Clubs of New Orleans has been astounding. Now there are eight ice rinks hosting 32 youth hockey teams throughout New Orleans, Metairie and the surrounding suburbs."​
New Orleans???? A Hockey town??? No. Just no. I get you love Gus, but that’s more improbable than Phoenix becoming a successful hockey market.

And I thought Scotty Bowman was NHL commissioner, not Gretzky.

New Orleans???? A Hockey town??? No. Just no. I get you love Gus, but that’s more improbable than Phoenix becoming a successful hockey market.

And I thought Scotty Bowman was NHL commissioner, not Gretzky.
Phoenix and New Orleans both have teams in the IHL at the moment.

In the NHL, Gretzky is commissioner while Scotty Bowman is director of hockey operations.

Phoenix and New Orleans both have teams in the IHL at the moment.
Glad that Phoenix has a team in one pro league. Hopefully they have more success than the Coyotes do IOTL. (Side note: I’ve abandoned the Yotes IRL. So sick of their mismanagement and years and years of losing).
In the NHL, Gretzky is commissioner while Scotty Bowman is director of hockey operations.
Thanks.

On a different note, how are Marlins and Rhinos relocation rumors going?