As Dreamers Do Part Deux

We Think Dale Earnhardt had Survived an Accident at Daytona, What Happened to Davey Allison, Neil Bonnett, Kenny Irwin, Jr., Alan Kulwicki and Adam Petty ITTL?

Entertainment News for Late February 2001

WCW wrestler Chris Benoit has been arrested on two counts of domestic violence.
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated

Sunway reaches a deal to sell the struggling Australia's Wonderland to Disney for pennies on the dollar.
- Seven News

Is the NWO in danger of breaking up? Bischoff seems to think so because Scott Hall will undergo rehab for alcohol addiction.
- WCW Magazine

The Backstreet Boys put their Black and Blue tour on hold as bandmate AJ McLean enters rehab to combat depression and alcoholism.
- VH1 News

Under relentless pressure from Senate Democrats, President Harvey Weinstein sells his share of the reborn Miramax Films to the Anschutz Entertainment Group due to possible Domestic Emoluments Clause violations.
- The Washington Post

Vincent D'Onofrio to portray President Weinstein on the first of many sketches throughout the year on SNL.
- TV Guide

Sunway reaches a deal to sell the struggling Australia's Wonderland to Disney for pennies on the dollar.
- Seven News

Is the NWO in danger of breaking up? Bischoff seems to think so because Scott Hall will undergo rehab for alcohol addiction.
- WCW Magazine

The Backstreet Boys put their Black and Blue tour on hold as bandmate AJ McLean enters rehab to combat depression and alcoholism.
- VH1 News

Under relentless pressure from Senate Democrats, President Harvey Weinstein sells his share of the reborn Miramax Films to the Anschutz Entertainment Group due to possible Domestic Emoluments Clause violations.
- The Washington Post

Vincent D'Onofrio to portray President Weinstein on the first of many sketches throughout the year on SNL.
- TV Guide
Uh oh. Between Chris Benoit's arrest, the NWO doing very poorly, the newest Backstreet Boys tour, and what I'd assume is the Trump presidency 16 years in advance, this will not be a good future for the world, and I hope the next few years actually yield some good stuff.

With that said, though, I will say that it's about time that Miramax was sold off to AEG.

We'll very great! I'll assign Hollywood Pictures to release Angel Eyes and The Animal (OTL it was made by Warner Bros. for the former and Columbia Pictures for the latter), while I'll have United Artists and Hollywood Pictures to release Pootie Tang (OTL it was made by Paramount Pictures), and I'll have 20th Century-Fox to release Zoolander (OTL it was also made by Paramount Pictures), considering that Disney BTW owns VH1 TTL.

I've got a question about Universal Studios Japan: Has Universal made any anime dubs since "Dog of Flanders"? For that matter, what dubs did they do at all?

Universal's only anime dubs have been The Gutsy Frog and Dog of Flanders back in the early Eighties. Universal's 1981 English dub of Dog of Flanders is still considered one of the worst anime dubs of all time, because Universal kept reusing certain scenes to keep Nello alive for a second season. Angry anime buffs wrote to Universal pointing out how Nello and Patrasche die at the end of the original story.

Tom Ruegger hopes to convince the major anime houses that Universal can produce an English dub worthy of Fox's dubs of Urusei Yatsura and Ranma 1/2, or Warner's dub of Speed Racer. Because for nearly 20 years, the Japanese studios held a distrust towards Universal over the way they botched Dog of Flanders.

Here's a question: Did Malcolm in the Middle still exist TTL?

Yes. It airs on Fox.

Entertainment News for Mid-February 2001

Dale Earnhardt, Sr. walks away from a scary crash at the Daytona 500. Credits the HANS device (mandated by NASCAR last year) for saving his life. [1]
- SportsCenter

Epic Kingdom opens to Epic Acclaim
- The Orange County Register

Is Australia's Gold Coast the next Orlando?
Universal, Six Kings, Bally and Turner are each zeroing in on the Gold Coast of Queensland as the next gold mine for their respective theme park chains. In the meantime, the Sunway Group is talking with Disney about a possible sale of the struggling Wonderland park in Sydney.
- The Herald Sun

Select Grammy Winners
Best Song:
Beautiful Day by U2
Best New Artist: Linkin Park
Best Pop Vocal Album: Black and Blue by the Backstreet Boys
Best Rap Album: The Marshall Mathers LP by Eminem
Album of the Year: Two Against Nature by Steely Dan

[1] Just like IOTL, the 2001 Daytona 500 was Fox's first NASCAR telecast.
I assume that Disney will Wonderland a mass makeover. Will the transformation of wonderland syndey into Disneyland Austilia, push back or competently Disneyland Honh Kong.

Universal's only anime dubs have been The Gutsy Frog and Dog of Flanders back in the early Eighties. Universal's 1981 English dub of Dog of Flanders is still considered one of the worst anime dubs of all time, because Universal kept reusing certain scenes to keep Nello alive for a second season. Angry anime buffs wrote to Universal pointing out how Nello and Patrasche die at the end of the original story.
Ouch. At least we can get some Gutsy Frog representation in USJ, right?
Tom Ruegger hopes to convince the major anime houses that Universal can produce an English dub worthy of Fox's dubs of Urusei Yatsura and Ranma 1/2, or Warner's dub of Speed Racer. Because for nearly 20 years, the Japanese studios held a distrust towards Universal over the way they botched Dog of Flanders.
How about something like Beyblade, Super Milk Chan, Taro the Space Alien, or Ghost Stories? The first one is based on a toy, a la Pokemon and Digimon. The second and third anime aren't really well-known, but were still successful enough to get English licenses IOTL. The last program wasn't a hit in Japan, and could benefit from having something akin to their IRL dub that had no restraints whatsoever. I think those four shows could give Universal a fighting chance again, despite it being more of an uphill battle this time around.
Yes. It airs on Fox.
Well then, is it still made by Fox? If so, I can see that Nazca footage replaced by Tenchi footage in the opening.

- WCW Magazine
Someone please tell me that Chris and Scott (RIP) may get the help they desperately need? Scott definitely needs it early.

Here's a nutty idea. How about having minnor sonic heagdoge character nack the weasle take the place of omega on team dark during this timeline verison of sonic heroe

Entertainment News for Early March 2001
Entertainment News for Early March 2001

President Harvey Weinstein will address the nation from the Oval Office to discuss the airstrike over the Afghan-Pakistani border that killed the world's most vile terrorist: Osama bin Laden.
- CNN, MSNBC, USA Headline News, CBS News, ABC News, SBC News

Senate Democrats and Reformers vote against the confirmation of Charles Keating for Secretary of the Treasury.
- The Washington Post

Chris Benoit will undergo court mandated anger management counseling as part of a plea deal.
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Paparazzi gather at Passages in Malibu to await the arrival of Backstreet Boy A.J. McLean and WCW superstar Scott Hall as they are both expected to check in any minute.
- KCOP-TV (Fox) Local News

Walt Disney, Jr. gives the green light for WED Imagineering to begin its overhaul of Australia's Wonderland, soon to be renamed Disneyland Sydney.
- The New York Times

President Harvey Weinstein will address the nation from the Oval Office to discuss the airstrike over the Afghan-Pakistani border that killed the world's most vile terrorist: Osama bin Laden.
- CNN, MSNBC, USA Headline News, CBS News, ABC News, SBC News

Senate Democrats and Reformers vote against the confirmation of Charles Keating for Secretary of the Treasury.
- The Washington Post

Chris Benoit will undergo court mandated anger management counseling as part of a plea deal.
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Paparazzi gather at Passages in Malibu to await the arrival of Backstreet Boy A.J. McLean and WCW superstar Scott Hall as they are both expected to check in any minute.
- KCOP-TV (Fox) Local News

Walt Disney, Jr. gives the green light for WED Imagineering to begin its overhaul of Australia's Wonderland, soon to be renamed Disneyland Sydney.
- The New York Times
1: So, we really don't get the 9/11 attacks ITTL? Great!
2: I have no comment for Charles Keating.
3: Sounds good to me on Mr. Benoit.
4: Really? There's paparazzi awaiting a rehab session? Have they no shame?
5: I can't wait to see what Disney cooks up.