As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Okay, I can help with those.
Me too.
I would have New York as the conglomerate's HQ. It's not Hollywood or close to that, but it provides a unique way to invite NYC tourism.
RIght, but I'd rather have the HQ in Atlanta.
I'd hope for a 50/50 split between the two of them. But that's assuming any other stockholders sell out.
Same here.
How about Turner-Paramount? That way, they can both be prioritized equally, without the erasure of one half, or saying that Turner is nothing more than a string of cable networks.
Exactly!
In a case like this, I would call it Picasso Comics, because his art is an Entertaining and Quality Image that you can recognize as art.
While that is a interesting name, I'd rather call it Image.
Keep the Hawks and WCW, and sell the rest off to other buyers.
Nah, I'd keep all of them if I could, but if they can't, then at least keep the Braves and WCW.
Saban and Mattel are going to have a field day with this. And I would go for CN being part of this merger, as it clearly has more gumption than Odyssey Channel ever did.
No, Odyssey would be the family channel. CN would continue to be the animation network, but it will become more mature.
I would go for this proposal, but maybe replace the UA swoosh with the MGM lion as the second dual-branded logo. Just a suggestion.
So, MGM is doomed to be Brand "C". I don't like the sound of that, but I think UA should be the B-brand in this scenario.

Oh, thank GOD! Now that that's off the table, then I've changed my mind. Keep the Majestic Mountain and Swoosh combo proposal completely intact, and make Paramount the Brand A in the merger.
Ok.
This could work, but I'm surprised RKO is still around.
NBC owns them ITTL.
I concur with this idea. Immensely so, in fact.

I agree. Layoffs on RS's end would be good, as Rankin-Bass probably has less studio space to compensate on its own terms.
Same here.
I'd do it too, considering the name gives off CBS-Paramount or NBC-Universal vibes from OTL
Me too!
Also, what happened to Orion Pictures ITTL?
Orion was much shorter lived than OTL.
Wasn't that an animation studio ITTL?
So, is SpongeBob still airing in this timeline, or did CN stop airing it? What's going on with our nautical block of yellow?
Yep! Still airing on Cartoon Network.

Ted Climbs the Majestic Mountain
Excerpt from The Situation Room
October 30, 2007

Ee54IvgWAAwGZJu.jpg:large

Wolf Blitzer
(CNN Anchor)

"We interrupt regular news coverage to bring you an announcement from our founder Ted Turner..."

ted-turner_f-iucn-j-muntaner_h528.jpg

Ted Turner
(Founder and Chairman Emeritus; Turner Broadcasting System)

"Ladies and gentlemen, for the last few months, my entertainment empire has been operating under the threat of a hostile takeover by Bain Capital, the parent company of the new Romney/Weinstein venture. Today, I am proud to announce that my board of directors has approved a plan to merge our assets with those owned by Microsoft under the Paramount banner in a $94 Billion USD half cash/half stock deal."

"If approved by federal lawmakers, our live action motion picture and television production will move onto Paramount's backlot in Hollywood. In animation, the workforce of Ruby-Spears will be combined with that of Rankin-Bass."

"As for the future of the sports assets under our wing; The Hammers, Hawks, Flames, WCW and the Goodwill Games...If the Justice Department demands we spin off those assets to allow the merger to go forward, we will only sell to those who promise to keep those entities right here in Atlanta."

"Paramount has agreed to sell its stake in the Odyssey Network to facilitate the inclusion of Cartoon Network as part of this proposed merger."

"As soon as the deal is closed, Geraldine Laybourne will serve as chair of the combined board. The combined film and television assets will be chaired by Rob Reiner with Barbara Broccoli reporting to him."

"In addition, the comic book assets of Image Comics will eventually be absorbed by Paramount Comics."

"Basketball fans can expect the NBA to stay with TNT for the next six years, but now with additional games to be televised by UPN starting with the 2008-09 season."

"While the new TBS-Paramount umbrella is likely to be based in California, we will retain our Techwood Drive campus for our cable networks, including CNN."

"Now, I shall answer your questions..."

turner-broadcasting-system-logo-television-png-favpng-SwMbbUTTMqrMydTeZdWzuySh7.jpg
viacom.png

October 30, 2007

Wolf Blitzer
(CNN Anchor)

"We interrupt regular news coverage to bring you an announcement from our founder Ted Turner..."

Ted Turner

"Ladies and gentlemen, for the last few months, my entertainment empire has been operating under the threat of a hostile takeover by Bain Capital, the parent company of the new Romney/Weinstein venture. Today, I am proud to announce that my board of directors has approved a plan to merge our assets with those owned by Microsoft under the Paramount banner in a $94 Billion USD half cash/half stock deal."​
WOW!!!

It's happening.....
"If approved by federal lawmakers, our live action motion picture and television production will move onto Paramount's backlot in Hollywood. In animation, the workforce of Ruby-Spears will be combined with that of Rankin-Bass."​
Ok, why couldn't they keep the backlots separate?

And I guess the new studio is called Filmation?
"As for the future of the sports assets under our wing; The Hammers, Hawks, Flames, WCW and the Goodwill Games...If the Justice Department demands we spin off those assets to allow the merger to go forward, we will only sell to those who promise to keep those entities right here in Atlanta."​
Well, they should at least keep the WCW.
"Paramount has agreed to sell its stake in the Odyssey Network to facilitate the inclusion of Cartoon Network as part of this proposed merger."​
Why?????

CN and Odyssey are TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT NETWORKS!

Surely they could have stuck around together....
"As soon as the deal is closed, Geraldine Laybourne will serve as chair of the combined board. The combined film and television assets will be chaired by Rob Reiner with Barbara Broccoli reporting to him."​
Ok. Good.
"In addition, the comic book assets of Image Comics will eventually be absorbed by Paramount Comics."​
Under WHAT names?
"Basketball fans can expect the NBA to stay with TNT for the next six years, but now with additional games to be televised by UPN starting with the 2008-09 season."

"While the new TBS-Paramount umbrella is likely to be based in California, we will retain our Techwood Drive campus for our cable networks, including CNN."

turner-broadcasting-system-logo-television-png-favpng-SwMbbUTTMqrMydTeZdWzuySh7.jpg
viacom.png
Nice!

And now with this, UPN needs a name change.

Maybe TPN(Turner-Paramount Network)?

Reaction to Ted Turner's announcement
@Otakuninja2006
The "U" in UPN was already changed from Universal to United after Peacock acquired Universal. In turn, Peacock sold Sony/MCA's stake in UPN to Turner a year or so before this merger was announced.

Reaction to Ted Turner's announcement

"Please let there be a Tom and Jerry/Top Gun crossover!!!"
- YouTube vlogger Maverick86

"The Flames came very close to moving once already in their history until Ted saved them in the late 70's. I will vote to block any buyer that tries to move the Flames out of Atlanta and I encourage my fellow owners to do the same."
- Tiffany Disney (Chairwoman; Mighty Ducks of San Diego)

"I have told Jim Balsillie that he will have to wait before he tries to make a bid for the Flames. There's a chance Congress could allow the Flames and other Turner sports properties to stay under the TBS-Paramount ownership."
- Wayne Gretzky (Commissioner; National Hockey League)

"If Billionaire Ted is forced to sell WCW to facilitate his merger with Paramount, who the fuck is gonna buy it other than Stephanie McMahon???"
- Jim Cornette

"If (Mighty Ducks owner) Tiffany Disney and (Kings part-owner) Michael Eisner both give me their support, I could happily buy the Flames and honor The Great One's wish to keep them in Atlanta."
- Bob Iger in a CNBC interview

"If the Flames, Hammers or Hawks do come up for sale, I'd be interested in buying one or more of those teams."
- Arthur Blank (Chairman of the Board; Atlanta Falcons)

Arthur Blank, Terry McGuirk, Jerry Bruckheimer, Bob Iger, Tim Leiweke, Hasso Plattner, Steve Pagliucca and Shad Khan among the names rumored to be in the running to buy one or more of Turner's sports assets should the DOJ force a spinoff before the TBS-Paramount merger is to be approved.
- Trey Wingo; SportsCenter

Current NHL Owners

Pacific DivisionNorthwest DivisionMidwest DivisionFrontier Division
Gavin Maloof (Silver Knights)
Michael Eisner and Ed Roski (Kings)
Greg Jamison (Sharks)
Tiffany Disney (Mighty Ducks) [1]
Arthur Griffiths (Canucks)
Howard Schulz (Thunderbirds)
Daryl Katz & Todd McFarlane (Oilers)
Murray Edwards (Bandits)
Rocky Wirtz (Blackhawks)
Mark Chipman (Jets)
Herb Kohl (Admirals)
Glen Taylor (North Stars)
Pete Coors (Rockies)
Tilman Fertitta (Aeros)
Clay Bennett (Twisters)
Dave Checketts (Blues)
Atlantic DivisionNortheast DivisionCentral DivisionSoutheast Division
Charles Wang (Islanders)
James Dolan (Rangers)
Comcast Spectacor (Flyers)
Mario Lemieux & Art Rooney II (Penguins)
Jeremy Jacobs (Bruins)
Molson family (Canadiens)
MLSE (Maple Leafs)
Eugene Melnyk (Senators)
Terry and Kim Pegula (Sabres)
Dan Gilbert (Moondogs)
Mike Illitch (Red Wings)
Ted Leonsis (Capitals)
Craig Leipold (Titans)
Ted Turner, Stan Kasten, Geraldine Laybourne (Flames) [2]
Phil Esposito (Lightning)
Felix Sabates (Checkers)

[1] Turning 25 in February 2008, Tiffany is the youngest of the current NHL owners. Also the league's first LGBT and Autistic owner.
[2] Pending DOJ approval of the TBS-Paramount merger, there's a 50/50 possiblity the Flames would need to be sold for the merger to be greenlit.

Current NFL Owners as of 2007

AFC EastAFC NorthAFC SouthAFC West
Steve Bisciotti (Marauders)
Ralph Wilson (Bills)
Robert Kraft (Patriots)
Woody Johnson (Jets)
Dan Rooney (Steelers)
Dan Gilbert (Browns)
Carl Lindner III (Bengals)
Jim Irsay (Colts)
Tim Robbie (Dolphins)
Red McCombs (Oilers)
Gaylord Entertainment (Sabercats)
Felix Sabates (Panthers)
Casey Wasserman (Chargers)
Al Davis (Raiders)
Clark Hunt (Chiefs)
Pat Bowlen (Broncos)
NFC EastNFC NorthNFC SouthNFC West
Jerry Jones (Cowboys)
Robert Johnson (Heroes)
Mara and Tisch families (Giants)
Jeffrey Lurie (Eagles)
Community ownership (Packers)
Virginia Halas McCaskey (Bears)
Prince and Zygi Wilf (Vikings)
Mike Illitch (Lions)
Stan Kroenke (Sorcerers)
Tom Benson (Saints)
Malcolm Glazer (Buccaneers)
Arthur Blank (Falcons)
Ron Burkle & Steve Young (49ers)
Michael Bidwill (Cardinals)
Paul Allen (Seahawks)
Jeanie Buss, Steven Spielberg and Earvin "Magic" Johnson (Rams)

October 30, 2007

Wolf Blitzer
(CNN Anchor)

Ted Turner

"Ladies and gentlemen, for the last few months, my entertainment empire has been operating under the threat of a hostile takeover by Bain Capital, the parent company of the new Romney/Weinstein venture. Today, I am proud to announce that my board of directors has approved a plan to merge our assets with those owned by Microsoft under the Paramount banner in a $94 Billion USD half cash/half stock deal."

"If approved by federal lawmakers, our live action motion picture and television production will move onto Paramount's backlot in Hollywood. In animation, the workforce of Ruby-Spears will be combined with that of Rankin-Bass."

"As for the future of the sports assets under our wing; The Hammers, Hawks, Flames, WCW and the Goodwill Games...If the Justice Department demands we spin off those assets to allow the merger to go forward, we will only sell to those who promise to keep those entities right here in Atlanta."

"Paramount has agreed to sell its stake in the Odyssey Network to facilitate the inclusion of Cartoon Network as part of this proposed merger."

"As soon as the deal is closed, Geraldine Laybourne will serve as chair of the combined board. The combined film and television assets will be chaired by Rob Reiner with Barbara Broccoli reporting to him."

"In addition, the comic book assets of Image Comics will eventually be absorbed by Paramount Comics."

viacom.png
So it's happening, eh? Can't say I'm surprised. Hopefully this will mean awesome things for both. Sell the Hammers and Hawks to their IOTL owners with Bruckheimer getting the Flames. WCW and Goodwill games you can do whatever you want with those two. And please, get that Tom and Jerry/Top Gun crossover out. It sounds amazing!

BTW, who is Tim Robbie?

And good for Tiffany Disney and the NHL, we deserve a LGBT and/or Autistic owner (I have a little autism myself) IRL.

So it's happening, eh? Can't say I'm surprised. Hopefully this will mean awesome things for both. Sell the Hammers and Hawks to their IOTL owners with Bruckheimer getting the Flames. WCW and Goodwill games you can do whatever you want with those two. And please, get that Tom and Jerry/Top Gun crossover out. It sounds amazing!

BTW, who is Tim Robbie?

And good for Tiffany Disney and the NHL, we deserve a LGBT and/or Autistic owner (I have a little autism myself) IRL.
Tim Robbie IOTL is the son of Joe, the Dolphins' founder and original owner.

October 30, 2007

Wolf Blitzer
(CNN Anchor)

Ted Turner

viacom.png
So, in hindsight, all those OTL Nicktoons that became TTL Cartoon Cartoons will now be owned by Paramount both IOTL and ITTL...

Oh, and Popeye is techically gonna reunite with Paramount...

Last edited:
So, in hindsight, all those OTL Nicktoons that became TTL Cartoon Cartoons will now be owned by Paramount both IOTL and ITTL...

Oh, and Popeye is techically gonna reunite with Paramount...
That is correct. And while this merger is happening, Paramount will also regain the rights to Felix the Cat because Don Oriolo has been unhappy with Time Warner sitting on the character since the Carolco acquisition.

That is correct. And while this merger is happening, Paramount will also regain the rights to Felix the Cat because Don Oriolo has been unhappy with Time Warner sitting on the character since the Carolco acquisition.
He has a point, because this is the first time in a while I've heard that. Are you sure you're not confusing your timeline for @Tacomaster's?

He has a point, because this is the first time in a while I've heard that. Are you sure you're not confusing your timeline for @Tacomaster's?
"After 1997, as the years went by, I waited patiently for the phone to ring. To see if Warners was planning anything new with Felix. Ten years went by without any new Felix material for his legion of fans."
- Don Oriolo on his decision to transfer his franchise to Paramount right in the middle of their merger with Turner.