As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Entertainment News for Late May 2008 Part 2
Entertainment News for Late May 2008

"Very few people here at Bally were sad to see Bewkes get the boot. One thing I can give him credit for was that he was the guy that helped keep Urusei Yatsura on the air when Bally bought HBO from Time, Inc. In early '86, Bally's then-chairman Robert Mullane tried to strongarm Bewkes into discontinuing Urusei Yatsura. That was because Mullane and his mob buddies didn't understand the phenomenon of the show. Bewkes won him over when he showed the Bally board a chart of the show's ratings prior to the buyout of HBO."
- Mike Richardson, founder of Dark Horse Comics, in an interview with The Chicago Tribune.

DC Comics confirms that a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic comic will reach newsstands in February 2009.
- Wizard

Brian Henson officially named as Bob Iger's successor as head of The Jim Henson Company.
- Variety

Polk County officials will meet with TBS-Paramount on a proposal to retool Circus World into an East Coast Pinnacle theme park.
- The Orlando Sentinel

The Sports Page
John Madden announces that 2008 will be his last season as a broadcaster. Each network will feature Madden as part of his farewell tour, culminating in the 2009 Super Bowl, which is being carried by Fox from Las Vegas in February.
- The Sporting News

Marv Albert confirms that he will join UPN's NBA broadcast team for the 2008-09 season.
- ESPN

NFL Commissioner Amy Trask announces the owners' approval of Bob Iger's bid to purchase the Denver Broncos from Pat Bowlen. Trask said that Iger's bid was chosen over the bid placed by former Bally chief Jeffrey Bewkes by a margin of just $140 million USD.
- ESPN

2008 Draft Lottery Winners:
Chicago Bulls
Tampa Bay Lightning

Moving on to the NBA Finals (Carried by ABC)
Phoenix Suns
Detroit Pistons

Moving on to the Stanley Cup Finals (Carried by NBC)
Pittsburgh Penguins
Mighty Ducks of San Diego

"Very few people here at Bally were sad to see Bewkes get the boot. One thing I can give him credit for was that he was the guy that helped keep Urusei Yatsura on the air when Bally bought HBO from Time, Inc. In early '86, Bally's then-chairman Robert Mullane tried to strongarm Bewkes into discontinuing Urusei Yatsura. That was because Mullane and his mob buddies didn't understand the phenomenon of the show. Bewkes won him over when he showed the Bally board a chart of the show's ratings prior to the buyout of HBO."
- Mike Richardson, founder of Dark Horse Comics, in an interview with The Chicago Tribune.

DC Comics confirms that a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic comic will reach newsstands in February 2009.
- Wizard

Brian Henson officially named as Bob Iger's successor as head of The Jim Henson Company.
- Variety

Polk County officials will meet with TBS-Paramount on a proposal to retool Circus World into an East Coast Pinnacle theme park.
- The Orlando Sentinel

The Sports Page
John Madden announces that 2008 will be his last season as a broadcaster. Each network will feature Madden as part of his farewell tour, culminating in the 2009 Super Bowl, which is being carried by Fox from Las Vegas in February.
- The Sporting News

Marv Albert confirms that he will join UPN's NBA broadcast team for the 2008-09 season.
- ESPN

NFL Commissioner Amy Trask announces the owners' approval of Bob Iger's bid to purchase the Denver Broncos from Pat Bowlen. Trask said that Iger's bid was chosen over the bid placed by former Bally chief Jeffrey Bewkes by a margin of just $140 million USD.
- ESPN
1: I'm surprised that was the case, as it makes his current sensibilities that more harsh.
2: Great for them!
3: Excellent!
4: I wouldn't mind that.
5: Not much of a sports guy, but even I'll miss Madden's work.

Entertainment News for Late May 2008

Ha ha ha.
- Wizard
(sigh) At least it isn't a TV series yet.
- Variety
Nice! Keep it in the family.
- The Orlando Sentinel
Cool.
The Sports Page
- The Sporting News
Hats of an amazing career John, perhaps the best of ever do it. Can you lease don't let your successor be Cris Collinsworth ITTL?
- ESPN
Nice. (Did his sex scandals happen ITTL?)
- ESPN
Thank god Bewkes isn't in the NFL!
2008 Draft Lottery Winners:
Chicago Bulls
Tampa Bay Lightning
So Rose and Stamkos still going to the teams that drafted them IOTL, huh?
Moving on to the NBA Finals (Carried by ABC)
Phoenix Suns
Detroit Pistons
Honestly, I'd rather see the Pistons win, those Detroit teams deserved a ring no what timeline this is, and the Suns already have had success. Sounds weird, but yeah.
Moving on to the Stanley Cup Finals (Carried by NBC)
Pittsburgh Penguins
Mighty Ducks of San Diego
Much as I can't stand either team ITTL, i'd rather see that little brat Crosby with the least amount of success possible. But who the heck do the Ducks even have on their team?

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (2008 Live Action Movie)
Narnia-Prince-Caspian.jpg

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
Released on May 22, 2008 by Paramount Pictures

Produced in association with Walden Media

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL

Notes
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe was released by United Artists in November of 2005. This is the first Narnia film since the TBS-Paramount merger.
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is likely the next installment to be filmed, but a release date has yet to be set in stone.​

Bally TB Parmount and Universal got themeparks in the work for the near furte. For bally it world of wonder japani (Honsu island is two crowd so i'd build on hokido shiko or kyushu) While Universal has the austilain park TbsPArmont has the east coast Pincle (Nearby Cyrpess gardens is in need of a owner Maybe TBS turner should buyit out and turn it into gate dedicated to Turner ips). I wonder does Disney Six kings and Warner Cedar Fair have any themepark plans in the work

Just that Speed Racer is one of WB's biggest properties by default, since we don't know the extent of how much they own ITTL.

Looney Tunes, DBZ, Speed Racer, Rambo, Predators, Xenomorphs, Heathers, Gremlins, Goonies, Mad Max, Total Recall, Men in Black, The Rocketeer, Willy Wonka, the Ultraverse, Basic Instinct, Universal Soldier, Independence Day, Freakazoid, Rainbow Brite, The Berenstain Bears. And that's just a few of them.

@TheFaultsofAlts
Keep in mind, Independence Day was delayed by a couple years ITTL because of the Oklahoma City bombing before shooting was supposed to start. Plus, Fox put the project in turnaround and Carolco picked it up before TimeWarner bought them out.

Who owns the rights to the Twilight Zone, and did the reboots still happen?
CBS Discovery owns it and the Tower of Terror was first built at Six Flags Hollywood Park in Inglewood. Since then, the Tower of Terror has been built in other Six Kings parks.

There was a reboot from 1996 thru '99. Another one is scheduled for 2010.

Looney Tunes, DBZ, Speed Racer, Rambo, Predators, Xenomorphs, Heathers, Gremlins, Goonies, Mad Max, Total Recall, Men in Black, The Rocketeer, Willy Wonka, the Ultraverse, Basic Instinct, Universal Soldier, Independence Day, Freakazoid, Rainbow Brite, The Berenstain Bears. And that's just a few of them.
@TheFaultsofAlts
Keep in mind, Independence Day was delayed by a couple years ITTL because of the Oklahoma City bombing before shooting was supposed to start. Plus, Fox put the project in turnaround and Carolco picked it up before TimeWarner bought them out.
That puts me by surprise.

However, I get the feeling that a MultiVersus roster in this timeline would be wildly different. If I've said this before, then it bears repeating.

Any questions, comments, etc. before we get to Ducktales: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?
Have you decided who is buying Geauga Lake in Aurora, Ohio; Great America in Santa Clara, CA and Riverside Park in Agawam, MA. I would sell Geguo lake to knoch family entement , and Riverside to Themepark LLC and Greatmaerica to palce entment

Top Ten Franchises from each Studio or Conglomerate as of 2008 (In no particular order)
Top Ten Franchises from each Studio or Conglomerate as of 2008 (In no particular order)

Bally

• Garfield
  • Rocky and Bullwinkle
  • Gumby
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Pac-Man
  • George of the Jungle
  • Shezow
  • The Sopranos
  • Sex and the City
  • Spy Hunter
CBS Discovery