Blue Skies in Camelot (Continued): An Alternate 80s and Beyond

Question for everybody we've been talking about JFK and a movie based on him. But when do we think a movie or miniseries based on Robert F. Kennedy would be made? IOTL there was a mini-series called Robert F. Kennedy and his times and that was in 1985, so obviously that can't happen here as he'll be President (If he wins another term.) So when do we think a biographical film or Mini series could be made about him ITTL?
We’ll probably see several miniseries/docus about him
1st one: Late 80s/Early 90s. Right after he’s out of office to sort of celebrate his time in office and look at who the man was
2nd one: Maybe early/mid 00s. Now there’s been more time to analyze his presidency for good and bad, and a period has passed where we can really see what effect he had. This one will likely be the most critical of him
3rd one: I imagine it could coincide with his death, so maybe anywhere in the mid 10s? Him dying in his late 80s-early 90s is fairly likely. This would likely fall somewhere in the middle of the two critique wise. It’s a very tasteful memorial of his life, presidency and overall influence but we’ve still had the time to see how his actions have affected things longterm and some of his mistakes might also be judged differently by a later audience

We’ll probably see several miniseries/docus about him
1st one: Late 80s/Early 90s. Right after he’s out of office to sort of celebrate his time in office and look at who the man was
2nd one: Maybe early/mid 00s. Now there’s been more time to analyze his presidency for good and bad, and a period has passed where we can really see what effect he had. This one will likely be the most critical of him
3rd one: I imagine it could coincide with his death, so maybe anywhere in the mid 10s? Him dying in his late 80s-early 90s is fairly likely. This would likely fall somewhere in the middle of the two critique wise. It’s a very tasteful memorial of his life, presidency and overall influence but we’ve still had the time to see how his actions have affected things longterm and some of his mistakes might also be judged differently by a later audience
good points, though I think actually he has a chance to make it to his centennial unlike Jack he doesn't have any lingering health issues though we'll see when he does get up there in age.

good points, though I think actually he has a chance to make it to his centennial unlike Jack he doesn't have any lingering health issues though we'll see when he does get up there in age.
He has a chance, but living until 100 isn’t an easy feat even with all the best healthcare available. Even Liz and Philip didn’t make 100, and no President has reached it yet otl (still rooting for Carter on this one). Looking at his siblings and parents, only his mom reached 100. Most of the siblings and dad died in their 80s with Ted dying in his late 70s and one sister in her 90s. The men in his immediate family (who died of natural causes) also went out around their 80s. That’s why I think late 80s/early 90s is a fairly accurate take with access to the best healthcare around :) But if our author desires him reaching 100, I suppose it isn’t strictly impossible.

He has a chance, but living until 100 isn’t an easy feat even with all the best healthcare available. Even Liz and Philip didn’t make 100, and no President has reached it yet otl (still rooting for Carter on this one). Looking at his siblings and parents, only his mom reached 100. Most of the siblings and dad died in their 80s with Ted dying in his late 70s and one sister in her 90s. The men in his immediate family (who died of natural causes) also went out around their 80s. That’s why I think late 80s/early 90s is a fairly accurate take with access to the best healthcare around :) But if our author desires him reaching 100, I suppose it isn’t strictly impossible.
You are correct in that. So maybe not 100 maybe your right late 80s/early 90s would give him a long good life and give him the chance to meet his great-grandchildren because you know with how young he and Ethel were when they got married they're definitel gonna have those.

Anyone remember if the US implemented a Universal Basic Income ITTL? I remember it was talked about in the original story thread by MLK before his attempted assassination in the 60s but after that I can't seem to find any mention of it. If anyone can let me know it would be appreciated 🙂

1709271692122.png
A wikibox of President Kennedy the first.

IIRC the OG plan was for Udall to be re-elected, I remember the original intro to the sequel thread was Udall and Reagan accepting their nominations for the 1980 election.

I still think the author has said he still plans for JFK to pass away in 1985 despite all the changes. I think it makes sense, by that time the Addison's disease has really taken a toll on his body and he'll be ready to go. It's sad but at least he wouldn't be in pain anymore.

I still think the author has said he still plans for JFK to pass away in 1985 despite all the changes. I think it makes sense, by that time the Addison's disease has really taken a toll on his body and he'll be ready to go. It's sad but at least he wouldn't be in pain anymore.
Would be sensible enough. Alternatively, keep him alive until autumn 1986 so that the Democrats get some sympathy votes heh

You’d be surprised. I could see “Vote Democrat! Do it for JFK!” become a rallying cry to avoid a too rough 10 year itch
Good point. I could actually see that become a rallying cry even in 1985. I could actually see the democrats depending on how well RFK does in his second term coupled with JFK's death a year earlier could cause the democrats to actual gain seats.

You’d be surprised. I could see “Vote Democrat! Do it for JFK!” become a rallying cry to avoid a too rough 10 year itch
Indeed, never underestimate "sympathy votes," especially toward a reasonably popular former two-term president. It will not influence the election in a big way, but it will give the Democrats enough momentum.