Blue Skies in Camelot (Continued): An Alternate 80s and Beyond

That was an incredible chapter dealing with President Udell's illness- I would never have thought you would have taken him off the board like that.

It was astonishingly brave of Udell to go public like that. I am sure many will consider him a 'lame duck' now but I could see his approval ratings going UP, and Udell managing 'one last' major piece of reform before he leaves the White House.

Bobby Kennedy vs Ronald Reagan? Bring it on!

That was an incredible chapter dealing with President Udell's illness- I would never have thought you would have taken him off the board like that.

It was astonishingly brave of Udell to go public like that. I am sure many will consider him a 'lame duck' now but I could see his approval ratings going UP, and Udell managing 'one last' major piece of reform before he leaves the White House.

Bobby Kennedy vs Ronald Reagan? Bring it on!
Thank you so much :D I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

Alright genius, West Germany was having its success and East Germany was the opposite. It would take in the 80's to finally reunify them that could really shake things up for them.

The Philippines meanwhile, it was missing something for me and I'm going to correct some of it. The flag that you post is not the same flag that we used today, we used that flag since 1998, the Centennial of Philippine Independence. You got to change the flag to 1946-98 version with the shade of Blue that is Navy Blue, the Royal Blue in our flag was later used in 1998-Present. While you got President Macapagal got the good start of it, you should've have remain Emmanuel Pelaez to be his VP on his second term as well. The changing of date of the Philippine Independence was not July 12, it was June 12. So President Kennedy didn't visit The Philippines, but President Macapagal visit The White House. It was supposed to be Jovito Salonga and Lorenzo Tañada who will be the next Philippine President and Vice President from 1969-1977, then Jose Diokno and Salvador Laurel as the next Philippine President and Vice President from 1977-1985. I know my gut feeling and my senses that they're the better ones. Finally, Marcos Sr. is out of the picture and I know he's very ambitious politician. He could've remain in the Senate until his retirement in 1985. So, no extensive details about our arts, sports, business, culture, media, or anything that I suggested earlier on our country? Is Quezon City still our nation's capital or Manila City? No massive reconstruction of Metro Manila's Heritage and Historical Sites? No Burnham's Plan for Manila? No revitalization of Old Manila Tram System and PNR Railway System? Preventing Filipinos to become OFWs? I already gave my template on what could've happen to our country ITTL, every detail of it genius. You do read all of them do you genius?

For Germany, another wonderful well-written chapter, the Philippines meanwhile is a mixed-reaction for me. Jose Roy is very far-fetched for what I've suggested before this chapter published. As for everyone who are reading this, I would like to apologize on what you're reading right now on my suggestion and reaction for the Philippines. My template suggestion would've been better, please forgive my honest take.

Well then, we're off to Korea and Vatican in the next chapter update geniuses.

Last edited:
Alright genius, West Germany was having its success and East Germany was the opposite. It would take in the 80's to finally reunify them that could really shake thing up for them.

The Philippines meanwhile, it was missing something for me and I'm going to correct some of it. The flag that you post is not the same flag that we used today, we used that flag since 1998, the Centennial of Philippine Independence. You got to change the flag to 1946-98 version with the shade of Blue that is Navy Blue, the Royal Blue in our flag was later used in 1998-Present. While you got President Macapagal got the good start of it, you should've have remain Emmanuel Pelaez to be his VP on his second term as well. The changing of date of the Philippine Independence was not July 12, it was June 12. So President Kennedy didn't visit The Philippines, but President Macapagal visit The White House. It was supposed to be Jovito Salonga and Lorenzo Tañada who will be the next Philippine President and Vice President from 1969-1977, then Jose Diokno and Salvador Laurel as the next Philippine President and Vice President from 1977-1985. I know my gut feeling and my senses that they're the better ones. Finally, Marcos Sr. is out of the picture and I know he's very ambitious politician. He could've remain in the Senate until his retirement in 1985. So, no extensive details about our arts, sports, business, culture, media, or anything that I suggested earlier on our country? Is Quezon City still our nation's capital or Manila City? No massive reconstruction of Metro Manila's Heritage and Historical Sites? No Burnham's Plan for Manila? No revitalization of Old Manila Tram System and PNR Railway System? Preventing Filipinos to become OFWs? I already gave my template on what could've happen to our country ITTL, every detail of it genius. You do read all of them do you genius?

For Germany, another wonderful well-written chapter, the Philippines meanwhile is a mixed-reaction for me. Jose Roy is very far-fetched for what I've suggested before this chapter published. As for everyone who are reading this, I would like to apologize on what you're reading right now on my suggestion and reaction for the Philippines. My template suggestion would've been better, please forgive my honest take.

Well then, we're off to Korea and Vatican in the next chapter update geniuses.
Thank you for pointing out the errors and inconsistencies. And thank you for your honesty. :) They are all appreciated. I apologize that I did not get to include all of the details that we had talked about in our prior conversation. I feel like another update on the Philippines would be helpful for that. Would you be interested in collaborating on a guest post to help me make the chapter stronger? I defer to your knowledge in this area.

Thank you for pointing out the errors and inconsistencies. And thank you for your honesty. :) They are all appreciated. I apologize that I did not get to include all of the details that we had talked about in our prior conversation. I feel like another update on the Philippines would be helpful for that. Would you be interested in collaborating on a guest post to help me make the chapter stronger? I defer to your knowledge in this area.
I couldn't been anymore happier than ever to help you for the chapter about the Philippines. I've already gave you the template for it should be its basis from everything about our country from 1962-Present, that is just the beginning genius. The recent chapter on our country should be changed on what I've suggested earlier to have a strong basis already from its beginning of your timeline genius. If you're going to ask my honesty, the recent chapter on our country is not complete enough aside from its politics and economics. I forgot about to ask about the US Military Bases in Subic and Clark, Zambales. I think they should stay up to Present ITTL because after they left in 1992, China conquered West Philippine Sea and our territories of the Kalayaan Group of Islands. ITTL, with the US Military Bases still there up to Present, China wouldn't even think of sailing there and build bases on our territory.

Last edited:
Additional Details on the Philippines - From Uniquely Genius
If you’re going to ask me geniuses, I want this for Philippine Presidents and Vice Presidents ITTL. This is what would I call the best case scenario for the Philippines:

Diosdado Macapagal & Emmanuel Pelaez (LP, 1961-1969)
Jovito Salonga & Lorenzo Tañada (LP, 1969-1977)
Jose Diokno & Salvador Laurel (NP, 1977-1985)
Benigno Aquino, Jr. & Gerardo Roxas (LP, 1985-1993)
Miriam Defensor-Santiago & Ramon Magsaysay, Jr. (NP, 1993-2001)
Raul Roco & Edgardo Angara (LP, 2001-2009)
Fernando Poe, Jr. & Loren Legarda (NP, 2009-2017)
Loren Legarda and Pia Cayetano (NP, 2017-2025)

Leni Robredo and Francis Pangilinan (LP, 2025-2033)

Now this is what would happen in our country:
1. Hope that President Macapagal and the succeeding administrations finally continue the Master Plan of Manila by Architect Daniel Burnham (in paying the reparations from the US Government that haven't fully completed paid after the Second World War and with the help or recreation, restoration, and rebuilding from our Department of Public Works and Highways) to have a better roadway and waterway system. Also building the government center in Rizal Park which was originally designed and proposed in the early 20th Century, creating parks and recreational activities; a university center, reviving the Philippine National Railway system to its Pre-WW2 era from Dagupan to Bicol, and other extensions like to Antipolo, Batangas, Cavite, Cagayan, and Cordillera. Also improved our pier system in Manila Bay and the rest of the country; a resort in Manila Bay, and extending Roxas Boulevard up to Cavite. The creation of the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) and South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) would still continue just like IOTL even Marcos, Sr. didn't become president, but I think President Macapagal would start this idea of constructing an expressway in the late 60's to connect every part of Luzon even if they revived the old and extended PNR rail system from the Spanish and American Periods. Quezon City (which is still the capital city by 1962) would also either continue the Master Plan of Quezon City by Harry Frost and Juan Arellano which is originally planned in 1940, or return it to Manila by 1970s. If they remained the capital city in Quezon City, they will changed the name of MMDA (Metro Manila Development Authority IOTL) to what I proposed NCDA (National Capital Development Authority ITTL).

2. Hope the government ITTL also restore and rebuild every landmarks and buildings across the country that were destroyed during the Second World War, including Intramuros (the walled city), and Escolta (the original business center). Manila during the American Period was called "The Paris of Asia" due to its mix of Spanish and American Architecture. They should also restore and revive Manila Tram System which was called "The Best In Asia" and extend it to every city in Metro Manila. The tram system were improved by MERALCO (the electric company) also during the American Period. Hope that MERALCO (now owned by the Lopez Family IOTL & ITTL) and the Department of Public Works and Highways to finally reconsider and rebuild it to its glory days because it was envied by Asia during the American Period. They should follow and build the original Metro Manila Subway System which was created by JICA in 1973. I just don't like the elevated railway system which was created by Marcos, Sr. IOTL because it ruined the beauty of Manila from 1980s onwards. Together with all of this and creating more mass transportation (with the help and cooperation of the Department of Transportation, Department of Public Works and Highways, and Department of Tourism ITTL) for busses, jeepneys, taxis, and trams; traffic would be less and we might be the most visited tourist destination in Asia and would boost our economy ITTL along with other famous cities in the Philippines.

3. With Marcos, Sr. not becoming president, the government would be less corrupt ITTL. We would continue having political balance between the Nacionalistas and the Liberals up to Present Day ITTL. With the people having trust in the government, we won't be one of the corrupt governments in the world. Statesmen would still have honor, respect, credibility, and dignity in their positions. Politics would still be for the people who studied law, business, scholars, and other academicians alike. The 1935 Constitution would still used to this day as also the creation of The Third Philippine Republic since 1946 now that 1973 and 1987 Philippine Constitution wouldn't happen and create ITTL.

4. All print and mass media ITTL would be one of the freest press in Asia and the world now that Marcos, Sr. will not be president and declaring Martial Law to closed and controlled media on 1972 IOTL. ABS-CBN Channel 2 & 4 (the first TV station to be aired since 1953 and media conglomerate) would still be merged and owned by the Lopez Family by 1967 just like IOTL, but still continues to reach every part of the country and one of the biggest and modernized TV station ITTL. They would still owned and continue Channels 2 & 4, all of their AM & FM radio stations up to present day ITTL. They would still create SkyCable just like IOTL, but somewhere in the early 80's to have different channels from around the world, including the ABS-CBN Channels like for news (DZAQ Teleradyo & DZXL Teleradyo ITTL, and ABS-CBN News Channel or ANC), movies and shows (Cinema One, Cinemo, and Jeepney TV), educational (Knowledge Channel), music (Myx) kids and teens (Hero and Yey), lifestyle (Lifestyle Channel), and sports (Studio 23). The Filipino Channel (an international channel created by the ABS-CBN) would probably happen in the 80's to reach their fellow Filipinos around the world, including music (Star Records), film (Star Cinema), publishing (ABS-CBN Publishing), foundation (ABS-CBN Foundation and Bantay Bata 163), news and documentaries (ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs), entertainment (ABS-CBN Entertainment, Dreamscape, Star Creatives, Star Magic), regional (ABS-CBN Regional Network), and their own website would come in the 90's. RBS Channel 7 (later renamed as GMA Channel 7) would still be owned and operate by Robert Stewart just like IOTL, I think he will step down in the 70's and pass the torch to the Duavit-Gozon-Jimenez Triumvirate and continue up to Present ITTL. ABC Channel 5 (known as TV 5 IOTL) would still be owned by the Roces Family and continuing their success up to present, along with their newspaper The Manila Times and their radio stations ITTL. I think the descendants of the Roces Family would continue leading the station up to present. MBC Channel 11 (known as RHTV IOTL) would still be owned by the Elizalde Family. They would not be closed IOTL and also continued their operation to this day along with their radio station DZRH (First Radio Station in the Philippines) ITTL. KBS Channel 9 (known as RPN & CNN Philippines IOTL) would still owned and continued by the Benedicto Family ITTL. They wouldn't be be controlled by the government IOTL, but the Benedicto Family will up to present. IBC Channel 13 would remained to the Soriano Family, who also owned San Miguel Corporation, Radio Mindanao Network, Magnolia, Royal Tru-Orange, and the bottling distribution of Coca-Cola. I think the government would revived their own TV station that they discontinued in 1962, they're still going to put them in Channel 10 and called PBS (Philippine Broadcasting Station). So ITTL, we have 8 TV Stations in our country who will have a friendly battle with ratings from 60's onwards. When it comes to the ratings, ABS-CBN would be first, ABC on the second, and RBS on the third. The Golden Age of Philippine Television would continue from the 60's, and I think up to the 90's. All of our famous newspapers, magazines, and other prints from the Post-WW2 era would continue and succeed up to present ITTL.

5. The economy ITTL would continue to grow and prosper just like the Kennedy Administration. Our country would be one of the best and leading economies in Asia. The Lopez Family would still own much of their companies IOTL, but continue to thrive beyond the 70's as one of the richest, successful, and powerful family business ITTL with MERALCO, ABS-CBN, Manila Chronicle, and all of the Lopez Group of Companies. San Miguel Corporation (beer conglomerate) would still be owned to this day by the Soriano and Zobel de Ayala Family now that Marcos Sr. in not the president ITTL. They would still owned Magnolia, Royal Tru-Orange, IBC Channel 13, and Radio Mindanao Network (RMN). San Miguel would still create a joint venture of softdrink business company in the 80's with Coca-Cola Company because they still owned it and one of the first international bottlers during the American Period. They would also call it Coca-Cola Bottlers Philippines, Inc. just like IOTL. I don't know whether San Miguel would let Coca-Cola Company run its own business somewhere in the 2000's, but I can assume that they can hold their own success up to present ITTL. Ayala Corporation (business and real estate conglomerate) owned by the Ayala Family would just continue their OTL path by owning Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI), and creating the Makati Business Center in Makati during the 60's, malls and property across the country by AyalaMalls and AyalaLand. I just hope that the Ayalas would preserved the property of the Makati Business Center because they destroyed the original structure and property in order to modernized the landscape of the city before the new millennium in 2000. Along with SM Corporation (shopping mall conglomerate) by also building malls across the country, and acquiring Banco de Oro in the 70's. Rustan (shopping mall company) owned by the Tantoco Family would still thrive in the 60's, but would face competition with SM, Ayala, and Robinson Malls in the 80's. Uniwide Sales, Inc. by the Gow Family would also thrive in the 70's and 80's. The businesses of the Aboitiz, Araneta, Tan, Goitanun, and Gokongwei Families would also thrive in the 60's and beyond. The Elizalde Family would still owned DZRH, MBC, Tanduay Distillers, Inc. and YCO Paints and Floor Wax. The 1 Dollar=2 Peso exchanged currency would still change IOTL, but will slowly rise up to present ITTL. Without Marcos, Sr. becoming president, all prices of food and other commodities would also slowly rise ITTL but you get all the details about the recession in the 70's. We would have sufficient supply of rice, fruits, vegetables, fish, chicken, pork, and meat by giving farmers all of modern equipments and methods of farming from the help of US and the Department of Agriculture ITTL. The banknotes and coinages from the English Series of Central Bank of the Philippines would continue throughout the 60's. The banknotes and coinages from the Pilipino Series would begin in the 70's due to patriotism and nationalism of Filipinos. The banknotes and coinages from the New Generation Currency Series would still happen in the 80's just like IOTL.

6. Poverty, homelessness unemployment, uneducated, and crime would decreased ITTL. With that, there wouldn't be Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) now that everyone is educated and employed. Improved the education system (with the help of the Department of Education ITTL) so that we have academics, scholars, and experts to help end poverty and improve our country. With everyone having and creating more jobs, increased income per capita, and having better lives ITTL, there would be less crime. Hope that education in our country ITTL would be high in literacy, including Math, Science, English, Filipino, History, Arts, and Physical Education. We should have free scholarship to the students who are eager and hungry for knowledge. President Macapagal should copy the education plans made by President Kennedy. Prison reform and rehabilitation should happen ITTL by creating laws for giving prisoners a second chance through recreational activities, craftsmanship, and entrepreneurship (with the joint help and cooperation of the Department of Justice, Department of Trade and Industry, and the Department of Social Welfare and Development). With these laws, crime would drop dramatically. Hope for more housing projects to decrease homelessness and poverty.

7. I think there would be modernization for the armed forces and national police in the 60's by giving weapons, equipments, and vehicles from the US in part of President Kennedy continuing their strong relations to prevent the spread of communism in Southeast Asia up to present ITTL so that we're well-prepared and well-trained whenever there's war. I think the US Military Bases in Subic and Clark should stay up to Present ITTL because the Philippine Senate IOTL rejected their extension and leave in 1992. If they continue their presence and improve their relationship with the US ITTL, China wouldn't claim and conquered Scarborough Shoal and Spratly Islands (Kalayaan Group of Islands) in West Philippine Sea. Without the spread of communism in Southeast Asia and preventing the Vietnam War, Mindanao wouldn't create rebel groups with the communist and islamic ideology and insurgency or terrorism. So ITTL, we would finally have a long-lasting peace, progress, and prosperity in the country.

8. Arts and Letters in the Philippines would continue to thrive from the 60's and beyond with President Kennedy's support for the arts and letters in the US. With restoration and rebuilding of the famous architectures from prewar era, we would have extensive collection from visual arts, literature, architecture, theater, film, and fashion ITTL. I just hope Fernando Amorsolo, Carlos Francisco, and Guillermo Tolentino would lived to the 1980's to tell their stories, passed the torch to the new generation of artists by teaching their signature styles, and get more awards and recognitions by creating the National Artist Award and National Commission for Culture and Arts by early 1965. Film industries in the Philippines would still transition to television just like IOTL. But with modern technology and equipment of filmmaking ITTL, the country would be one of the fastest growing and one of the most advanced in the world. Hope that we could have the Manila International Film Festival ITTL to show that we could be as competitive as the rest of the world. We would have our own version of Hollywood ITTL. Original Pinoy Music (OPM) would still happen in the 70's just like IOTL, but our music will be recognized in the world and we will have impressive set of music ITTL.

9. Philippine Airlines would still be owned by the government just like IOTL, but now with modernized aviation system and airport ITTL. I just wished that the original building of the Manila International Airport avoided the fire that destroyed in 1972 and continued to exist and expand from the original size of the airport. Hope that PLDT (Telephone Company) would try underground wiring, along with MERALCO to avoid every street to have electric posts, just lightposts. I think PLDT will still be owned to this day by the Cojuangco Family since 1967. National Waterworks and Sewerage System Authority (NAWASA) would not change its name up to present ITTL and continue to improve their water services and modernized their operations. Therefore, there wouldn't be water concession between Maynilad and Manila Water IOTL. Pasig River and other waterways in Metro Manila ITTL would finally be habitual to different kinds of fishes with the early action of cleaning and clearing the river. Using Pasig River as an advantage for water transportation and transportation terminals would decrease the traffic around Metro Manila. The government would still create Landbank (banks for farmers and fishermen) and Philippine Veterans Bank (banks for veterans who've been part in Armed Forces of the Philippines and veterans who've served in Second World War, Korean War, and Cambodian War). Hope that there's high pension and salary for senior citizens, veterans, and persons with disabilities.

10. Hope that Philippine Sports would also continue to thrive ITTL with the Philippine Olympic Committee creating in 1963, Philippine Basketball Association creating in 1970, UAAP, and NCAA. With some of our greatest athletes like Robert Jaworski (Basketball), Paeng Nepomuceno (Bowling) Efren "Bata" Reyes (Billiard), Gabriel "Flash" Elorde (Boxing), and Lydia de Vega (Track and Field) will continue their success just like IOTL, but they also joined the Olympics ITTL to bring more recognition and pride in sports. Hope also that the government have more athletic pension and salary in order to sustain themselves or with their families when they retired or deceased.

11. I think the Catholic Church in the Philippines would still be the biggest critic in the government with the rise of movements on abortion, divorce, same-sex marriage, and LGBT+ Community just like IOTL. Hope ITTL that we could finally have those laws and legalized by the government for finally accepting the equality they deserve because they've been discriminated for a long time. The Iglesia Ni Kristo (Church of Christ) would still continue up to present just like IOTL, but still depends with different social, political, and cultural impact ITTL. Islam would continue remain their peace and prosper in Mindanao just like ITTL now that communism and terrorism is out of the picture.

12. With the early action towards environmental issues or climate change by President Kennedy in the 60's, we would also copy and continue the policy ITTL. Also creating the Department of Science and Technology, Department of Environment and Natural Resources, and Department of Energy just like IOTL, but earlier ITTL. We could have early renewable energy source like solar power plants and finally having nuclear power plants. We could finally make funds for the flood control and other disaster-related projects like earthquakes and volcanic eruptions because our country is at Pacific Ring of Fire. Prevent deforestation and other crimes against nature by having strict laws on environment by creating nature reservations. Science and Technology would be improved ITTL. We could finally follow the recycling method and have clean parks, forests, and preserved other landforms and waterforms. Hope for the modernization and building more of hospitals and health centers ITTL with the law for Universal Health Care so that it can be affordable and accessible for everyone. Computers would come to our country in the 80's or 90's so that we can catch up with technology of the world ITTL.

13. Hope that every indigenous tribes in our country would still have a stronger law in protecting and preserving their tradition, arts, crafts, music, dance, poetry, and languages or dialects.

14. Beauty pageants in our country would be more successful ITTL. Our contenders or representatives from Miss Universe, Miss World, Miss International, and Miss Earth would either be on Top 5 or Winner in different competitions.
Perhaps I have to bring this one back to your creative table again genius. We've got a lot of revisions we need to fix and change it from your recent chapter on our country genius. If you could let me help to fix your recent chapter, we can complete everything and anything on what would happen to the Philippines ITTL from beginning to end.

Last edited:
Geniuses, I want to ask a question. The timeline forgot about on who will be the winners from the Miss Universe, Miss International, Miss World, and Miss Earth from 1963-Onwards ITTL? Is it going to be same like IOTL or there would be a lot of changes ITTL?
We also need to answer this one question genius as well.

I'll second that Hillary is the only republican I want to be president at some point in this timeline
I actually have a headcannon of future President if you all would like to hear. Obviously this may not lean up with what President_Lincoln has planned out but it's still fun to speculate and theorise on

sure you can ok me the headcanon
Okay here goes:

My headcannon of Presidents

Udall 1977 - 1981

Robert F Kennedy 1981 - 1989: Beats Reagan in 1980, has a successful 1st term, wins in 84 against Donald Rumsfeld who advocates a stronger military against Soviet Union. No Greed is Good, Star Wars Missile Defence, no tax cuts in this 1980s, probably no Yuppies (who knows)

Shirley Temple 1989 - 1996: after 12 years out of power, the Republicans finally take back the White House with former actress and California senator Shirley Temple winning the GOP Primary and the election, becoming the first female President in Blue Skies. Her running mate/ Vice President is none over than Hillary Bush, picked not just because of the connections to the Bush family but also as a way to modernize the Republican Party. Shirley is a unique President, fiscally conservative but also liberal when it comes to things like AIDS, abortions, the environment, much to the annoyance of evangelical Conservatives, but they more or less choose not to pick a fight with Shirley. She wins a second term against the democrats in 1992 (not sure who, Jerry Brown? Dick Gephardt? Joe Biden?) the most significant act of Shirley's second term is her decision to nominate former President and her one-time rival Bobby Kennedy to the Supreme Court which pisses off the hard right of the Republican Party. Bobby Kennedy narrowly gets confirmed but Shirley spends the rest of her term fighting her own party over legislative issues.

Hillary Bush 1997 - 2000: despite the infighting with the more conservative members of the GOP, Shirley is still broadly popular and uses her popularity to ensure her loyal VP Hillary gets the nomination. Hillary beats conservative commentator Buchanan in the Republican primary and is able to win in the election as a "third term for Shirley" becoming the second woman elected President. Her term is pretty uneventful, the economic is pretty good and Hillary tends to focus a lot on foreign policy. She is challenged in the primaries by Gingrich and narrowly beats him to the nomination. But during the election she is faced by none other then John F Kennedy Jr, who becomes the third member of the Kennedy family to win the Presidency.

John F Kennedy Jr 2001 - ? Kennedy's term does not start off great thanks to a recession caused by the Dot Com crash as well as GOP control of the senate makes his legislative efforts hard. Plus the threat of terrorism. However his wife Diana Spencer Kennedy is very popular with the American people, compared to "Guinevere" and nicknamed "the People's First Lady".

Last edited: