Earlier Disney / Marvel

Just a random thought as I was reading earlier. Marvel filed for bankruptcy and sold off it's movie rights about the course of 1996-1999. Meanwhile over at Disney, their Animation Renaissance kinda tapered down right around the same time.

So inspired by modern day, what if Disney had bought some Marvel film rights at the time? I'm guessing they would probably do some animated films; but what would we possibly see in lieu of stuff like Emperor's New Groove and Shrek?

Just a random thought as I was reading earlier. Marvel filed for bankruptcy and sold off it's movie rights about the course of 1996-1999. Meanwhile over at Disney, their Animation Renaissance kinda tapered down right around the same time.

So inspired by modern day, what if Disney had bought some Marvel film rights at the time? I'm guessing they would probably do some animated films; but what would we possibly see in lieu of stuff like Emperor's New Groove and Shrek?
Would be far different...and without spidey or Xmen might not be as attractive but still, we could see Captain America and iron man movie but far different animals otl, could be an earlier MCU or not at all and just focus the popular heroes(Cap,Iron man,Hulk,etc)