Europa Universalis III

Just tried out the demo. Started as Bohemia, tried to keep Hungary in the PU but failed. Got the emperorship, but shortly afterward Hungary DOW'ed on reconquest of Ratibor, Muscovy dragged me into a war with Poland, Austria DOW'ed on subjugation, and Brandenburg eventually joined the fun with an alliance CB. Luckily Poland was going through rebel troubles at the time, but in the end I came out with just Bohemia, Erz, and Breslau. Played for a bit longer, went into a regency so I lost the emperorship, then got fed up and quit when Hungary DOW'ed a second time without a casus belli. :D

Tellus

Banned
This is gonna need some serious balancing lol.

The PUs are too easy. OBSCURE DOCUMENTS CB ftw. I used it to force a bunch of PUs as Austria and inherited France, and then united the HRE, with some obscene bonuses along the way.

Now my nation is the Holy Roman Empire, with a cool flag like Germany's, and I got free cores on everything, didnt have to do any meaningful fighting, and it says...

Rome Reborn! Like a Phoenix from the ashes, the Roman Empire thrones above the world. For the first time since Charlemagne, there is an undisputed and absolute Emperor of the The Holy Roman Empire and ruler of Christendom. The thousand flags of Germany divided have all stopped waving before the one, singular, flag of Rome Reborn. Ave Ceasar!

Even sillier is that this gave me a virtual monopoly on the Curia, which by themselves wipe away 1.5 infamy per year. I could WC by 1700 if this demo went that far... :p

Still love the new features, but if you want to be challenged, wait for 4.1 before trying the big western countries.

This is gonna need some serious balancing lol.

The PUs are too easy. OBSCURE DOCUMENTS CB ftw. I used it to force a bunch of PUs as Austria and inherited France, and then united the HRE, with some obscene bonuses along the way.

Now my nation is the Holy Roman Empire, with a cool flag like Germany's, and I got free cores on everything, didnt have to do any meaningful fighting, and it says...

Rome Reborn! Like a Phoenix from the ashes, the Roman Empire thrones above the world. For the first time since Charlemagne, there is an undisputed and absolute Emperor of the The Holy Roman Empire and ruler of Christendom. The thousand flags of Germany divided have all stopped waving before the one, singular, flag of Rome Reborn. Ave Ceasar!

Even sillier is that this gave me a virtual monopoly on the Curia, which by themselves wipe away 1.5 infamy per year. I could WC by 1700 if this demo went that far... :p

Still love the new features, but if you want to be challenged, wait for 4.1 before trying the big western countries.

Sounds like too easy game - I`ll probably wait with buying httt for new Magna Mundi port.

Nikephoros

Banned
Start Situation for Divide et Impera:

EU3_MAP_ENG_135611_1.jpg

Nymain, will this mod work on a Mac version of EUIII?

Not sure, I dont have a MAC to test it on to be honest, so Im not too sure how it works with it.

If there is a mod switcher utility like in the Windows, Im sure it is able to just be put in the mod folder like normal

I've not done anything drastic (no map modifications) just 1 event file, 1 localisation file, and a couple to make the new country, so it should install like any small mod should

Sounds like too easy game - I`ll probably wait with buying httt for new Magna Mundi port.
Not too sure about that. Just played as Austria and got pounced by France, Hungary and Bohemia while I was waging a war against Venice + friends. They DOW'd seperatley when they realized my weakness. At least it seems that way. I really hope that wasn't just a one timer.

But the PUs and the whole throne-inherting thing in general need balancing, no question.

Bahh I have 3.2 I dunno about Beta. I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything, somethings just not right and I haven't the foggiest what(probably beta?).

Probably.

What you want to do, is install EU3:in Nomine into a second folder, and have this one be your MMP2 game.

Then you find the 3.2b patch for EU3: In Nomine, and manually patch it up.

Here it is: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9107668&postcount=2

That should do it, I don't think you need 3.1 first.

Once you have 3.2b nov 2008 on your second EU3 folder, just install the MMP2 via the instructions of the download page.

If it doesn't work, post again and I will see if I can find a manual patch for 3.1.

Tellus

Banned
Heir to the Throne will be there very soon :)

Although I mocked the demo for being too easy, alot of my concerns have been rectified in the gold version and Im really looking forward to trying out the real thing.

I'm playing as Burgandy and most of France has been conquared. Once it has, and I gain cores on the entire area, I was wondering whether people think I should stay Burgandy or form France?

VT45

Banned
I'm playing as Burgandy and most of France has been conquared. Once it has, and I gain cores on the entire area, I was wondering whether people think I should stay Burgandy or form France?

I've been debating that myself, for later consideration in my Venice game. Though, that might not happen, as Naples looks like it might form Italy first.

What do you guys think? Form the nation? Or not?

Oh yeah, Nationalism gives a CB on anyone with the same culture province, lulz. Only 75% infamy.

so that means 3 bb a province. I mean, if you are that late in the game, you probably have already expanded into all of your culture provinces. And, what the heck do you care about BB anymore if you can still expand while taking THREE INFAMY A PROVINCE. :rolleyes:

Same thing with others. Big frakking deal. (Huzzah, I don't have to take a stability hit! That's so much more important than the BB wars and RP and the fact that MMP2 ties WE to bb in a nasty way.)

Hitting F11 should do it, but the F12 world map screenies won't work, it's an expansion thing.

Th F11s are saved to EU3/screenshots

Do you mean you have to have IN for that feature?

I just discovered that becoming true Roman Emperor does not give you army to defend your empire, my forty thousand guys were enough to force HRE minors into compliance or even to fight off some power if I was in alliance, but ...

That said I am pleased that I was able to keep my (Czech of course) culture.

I just discovered that becoming true Roman Emperor does not give you army to defend your empire, my forty thousand guys were enough to force HRE minors into compliance or even to fight off some power if I was in alliance, but ...

That said I am pleased that I was able to keep my (Czech of course) culture.

Shouldn't you have the money and manpower to quickly build a bigger army though if you're the true Roman Emperor?

Shouldn't you have the money and manpower to quickly build a bigger army though if you're the true Roman Emperor?

Yes, I had two years time and have raised additional tweny thousand men by the time the French and Enlish and Polish and Hungarians and Scandinavians came.And even that I am perfectly capable of taking them out one by one, I mostly just ragequite when I saw all those popup screens.

Seen some of the WC in the forum and wondered about how those games handle the revolts?

Bill of Rights most likely, and when it just comes time that you have an enormous Empire with wrong culture wrong religion provinces, you just got to strt leaving 8-16k stacks of cavalry lying around.

Name the stacks "Home Cav Patrol" "Polish Cav Patrol" "S.A Cav Patrol" etc.