Explain the AH Quote II

The rules are the same to other Explain the AH Quote. Someonewill post a quote and then the next person will comment who said the quote and some context, and then themselves leave a new quote.

Example:
"Then they had to recast Robert Downey Jr. with this Tom Cruise guy, and the rest is history."

President Trump reacting to seeing Iron Man 2. After the death of RDJ the contraversial move was to recast the upcoming sequel with an unknown actor who had only played in one film back in the 1980s, but prroved quite popular as the millionaire superhero and launched a franchise and ultimately a DC cinematic Universe with concluded with Avergers: Rise of Darkseid.

[Then you post your quote for the next person to continue, so whoever reads this post copy the quote and then put your explaination and keep it going]:
"The Confederates are marching to the Capital of Mexico City. Should we call for Russia to aid?"

"The Confederates are marching to the Capital of Mexico City. Should we call for Russia to aid?"

The famous line from the movie "A Different Path", about a total Confederate victory in the Civil War resulting in a united Confederate States expanding into the Americas, with the 1905 revolution in Russia turning it Red early and the greatest enemy to the Confederate States. While a flop when it released, "A Different Path" is today a cult classic despite its low budget and lacklustre performance as well as a largely nonsensical alternate history plotline.

"Once more we find ourselves on the edge of the abyss my friends. But remember our victory against Crassus, and defend the reformed Rome against those who would have us enslaved again!"

"Once more we find ourselves on the edge of the abyss my friends. But remember our victory against Crassus, and defend the reformed Rome against those who would have us enslaved again!"
A speech by Roman Free Republic Chairman Spartakus the Eight durring their War against the Empire of the Syris, descended from Crassus's Exile Government following the success of the Roman Revolution.

Next : ,,Gentlemen, this bastard is trying to deprive me of my Liquor!"

Thedore Roosevelt's last words in 1924. He was dying from lung cancer and was asking the doctor for some liquour and kep claiming the doctor was refusing to do so. In reality Thedore had already gone through 2 bottles. He utter his last words to his family whom he didn't recognize.

“Abbott and Costello, the Three Stooges, the Marx Brothers and Laurel and Hardy all together for the first time on screen in the biggest comedy of the year, ‘Doghouse’.”

“Abbott and Costello, the Three Stooges, the Marx Brothers and Laurel and Hardy all together for the first time on screen in the biggest comedy of the year, ‘Doghouse’.”
A tagline used in advertisements for the 1947 movie Doghouse. The film follows the story of two managers at the run down Residue Inn hotel (Abbott and Costello) who end up getting a famous dog show to have their event be hosted at the hotel. This not only results in the Residue receiving a ton of new visitors, but also several rival companies trying to do everything in their power to make sure the dog show ends up a complete disaster.

Outside of being the only time all four groups worked together on the same project, the film is notable for being considered one of the first ensemble comedies. It would become one the highest grossing movies of the 1940's and later spawn remakes in 1982 and 2009.

"It took him 28 years to win the Oscar and it's only gonna take him one race to become a winner in the Winston Cup"

"It took him 28 years to win the Oscar and it's only gonna take him one race to become a winner in the Winston Cup"

Entertainment Tonight on child actor Frankie Muniz officially entering NASCAR after his Best Supporting Actor Oscar win for Rainbow Warrior, the Jeff Gordon Story following a long struggle to finally be taken seriously in Hollywood.

"Glorious? Are you kidding? It was cold as shit!"

"Glorious? Are you kidding? It was cold as shit!"

General Patton’s off the record quote about the invasion of Norway via the Soviet Union in 1946 to Edward R Murrow, who Patton later claimed was a communist.

Murrow had mentioned this quote in his critical biography American Napoleon which was released just as Patton was thinking of running for the Republican nomination for President in 1952, though Patton would lose the race to Robert Taft, though both would be dead by the end of Summer 1953, with Taft suffering a heart attack while Patton died in a car crash in Virginia.

Murrow had asked Patton if he agreed with his Russian counterparts that the northerly invasion, nicknamed Operation Reindeer, was glorious, as Russian leaders said they were proud to fight in the snow and watch the Huns freezing. Patton however hated the weather and Russia itself where the Allies based the attack.

Well, I guess I’ll finally recognize Missoura….. those bushwhackin’ sons of bitches can’t help it.

Well, I guess I’ll finally recognize Missoura….. those bushwhackin’ sons of bitches can’t help it.
President Alexander Stephans when Missouri officially left the Confederate States of America in 1869 and declared itself an independant nation after Stephens had declared he would not let slavery expanded Westward. Stephens was born into a Southern Abolitionist family and had always been an outsider. He would win the election of 1868 but when Missouri left the Confederacy he had no real power to declare war, after all he would have to get every state to seceed. If only they had a federal government he thought, then maybe I could liberated the slaves in Missouri.

“Christoper Lee’s portrayal of R2D2 is iconic.”

“Christoper Lee’s portrayal of R2D2 is iconic.”
From one of the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes of 2008 amateur project: Star Wars A New Hope(Redone), in which several of the original actors reprised their roles. Notably, Kenny Baker was not available due to heath issues to play R2D2. However, Christopher Lee unexpectedly volunteered to take his place. By making R2D2 taller, this was accomplished.
The film was lauded for inserting some comedy to the classic Star Wars tale, including Lee in his role.

"Much has been said about the Government of Israel's relationship with the South Africa. We wish to leave those toxic debates behind us as we move forward. Effectively immediately all diplomatic relations with the abhorrent Apartheid state are severed. All military trade and contacts are cut. Harsh economic sanctions are in place. Most importantly, we are now providing aid to the ANC, even in spite of their relationship with the PLO. These measures not only align our foreign policy with our core values, but put us ahead of countries like the United Kingdom in the struggle to put down the evil of Apartheid"