For All Mankind (AH Tv series at Apple TV)

Non-spoiler thoughts:

In the best ways possible, that did not feel like a full episode. It went past so quickly I was actually surprised at the credits.

Ed's relationship with his Grandson is great to see, but I have a horrible premonition that something very bad is going to happen with this heist
I worry with the heist.

I worry with greed and vanity that rock will hurtle towards earth.

I don't think it's going to hit Earth, but I'm now thinking it might hit the crater that Kelly is at

Yeah...

But I do wonder one thing I think is too quiet is with the Soviet coup, I feel something is up in the USSR and the coup may have unleashed something. Remember people had pretty good lives and now it is pre-Gorby...

I also wonder what happens when the head of Roscosmos wants a bigger chair?

Yeah...

But I do wonder one thing I think is too quiet is with the Soviet coup, I feel something is up in the USSR and the coup may have unleashed something. Remember people had pretty good lives and now it is pre-Gorby...

I also wonder what happens when the head of Roscosmos wants a bigger chair?
I would not be surprised if Morozova ends up as "President" of Russia in Season 5, having pinned the blame for any and all failures on Korzhenko, with her KGB background she'd be the Putin parallel

I would not be surprised if Morozova ends up as "President" of Russia in Season 5, having pinned the blame for any and all failures on Korzhenko, with her KGB background she'd be the Putin parallel
Well let’s get a season five.

But I really hope we have more fictional US presidents as I think having real presidents is rather boring after a bit.

According to Wikipedia, next week's episode is called
Brazil.
I wonder what that could be referring to
if I had to guess, maybe that’s where Margo and perhaps Sergei are headed? It’s a neutral country. That’s my guess and it’s likely wrong, so I have no idea what else it may mean.

Jb1NCc9.jpg

How Dev is gonna hide a whole asteroid:

I don't think he needs to hide it. I assume it's more of a "oh shit, there was a computer glitch and now it's moving to mars, oh well," kind of situation.

if I had to guess, maybe that’s where Margo and perhaps Sergei are headed? It’s a neutral country. That’s my guess and it’s likely wrong, so I have no idea what else it may mean.

@Tuskin38

I expect its a reference to the 1985 movie, which according to an interview cited on its Wikipedia article, was "... "satirizing the bureaucratic, largely dysfunctional industrial world that had been driving Gilliam crazy all his life"

Here's a thought for Season 5 that could happen directly because of Dev's asteroid heist. The Soviets could respond to this by building something like a product improved Mars 94 with those improved drives the Unity has to serve as a troopship full of Spacenaz if not arm it to be a warship, just in case.

Zor

Last edited:
Sergei? Sergei?! :cryingface:

I thought him and Margo would finally get their "happily ever after" after all these years. What I want to know is, who shot him? KGB or CIA? Leaning more towards KGB because of what he told Margo in the previous episode about the Soviet space chief, but I could see the CIA doing it for aiding what they deem a traitor, but I'm not sure what else.

Last edited:
1. RIP Sergei, you were bigger than the whole sky.

2. I like that they didn't insult the audience's intelligence with a long explanation of what Ed and Lee's conversation meant.

3. I'm SO SO happy that they didn't go for the cliche of the CIA/KGB characters being people we know. People on reddit were theorizing all sorts of versions of Miles/Samantha, Ilya, etc, even though most of these don't make any sense. Miles - we saw his home life and it would make no sense for him from what we saw on screen - and Samantha would have reported the plot already. And if Ilya was KGB, no chance he lets Mile muscle him out of the bar. And while I could see value in him being part of the black market as a KGB agent in the first place, I'm not sure that'd be the best place for him. Instead, they chose background characters which will give some amazing rewatch bonus.

4. Looks like the jig is up on the asteroid heist but I have a feeling that they might not be the only ones who redirect the asteroid (a furious Margo and Aleida perhaps).

1. RIP Sergei, you were bigger than the whole sky.

2. I like that they didn't insult the audience's intelligence with a long explanation of what Ed and Lee's conversation meant.

3. I'm SO SO happy that they didn't go for the cliche of the CIA/KGB characters being people we know. People on reddit were theorizing all sorts of versions of Miles/Samantha, Ilya, etc, even though most of these don't make any sense. Miles - we saw his home life and it would make no sense for him from what we saw on screen - and Samantha would have reported the plot already. And if Ilya was KGB, no chance he lets Mile muscle him out of the bar. And while I could see value in him being part of the black market as a KGB agent in the first place, I'm not sure that'd be the best place for him. Instead, they chose background characters which will give some amazing rewatch bonus.

4. Looks like the jig is up on the asteroid heist but I have a feeling that they might not be the only ones who redirect the asteroid (a furious Margo and Aleida perhaps).

I think they could send the Asteroid to mars but a furious Margo may send it to Russia.

Non-spoiler thought:

I really do appreciate the sheer attention to detail that the props department puts into this show. Like the little things always look perfect for the time period (at least in the US set scenes, in the "Russian" set scenes I could swear I saw Polish flags a couple of times)

Spoiler thoughts:

Once again, episode went by so quickly that it felt short. Knew from the moment Sergei's room was shown he was fucked, but the attempted cleanup to make it look like a suicide was downright lazy and unless you have a complete fuckwit of a cop to look it over, it should be obvious that there is more at play.

Margot and Aleida going to do something to screw over both the US and the USSR for this, Margot because it's personal and Aleida because she's just tired of Eli and Politicians in general.

Less than 24 hours for the Ranger mission, powers that be know that something is up, the question is that can they find what and act on it quickly enough to pull it off, or will the mission have to be scrubbed? Because if the mission is scrubbed, I'd expect fucking everyone in any position of authority to be in serious trouble, all the way to the top levels.

Lee has killed or severely assaulted his superior, Baldwin doesn't want to go back to Earth, Miles in deep trouble with the CIA and KGB, Kelly and Alex better off on Mars due to Alex's medical issues, and Dev making it implicit to his mother and Aleida/Kelly that he doesn't plan on going back to Earth, as well as the issues with conflicting legal jurisdictions of the M7 Nations ...

The only way to get out of this is going to be for Happy Valley to declare independence and for Lee, Baldwin, Miles, Alec, Dev et all (and the Helios Workers helping with Goldilocks) to claim citizenship of Mars and thus outside of Earth legal recourse, M7 to become the M8 with Happy Valley a functional city state in itself?

We know that it has upwards of 100 people living there, and the Vatican only has five hundred to eight hundred depending on who you ask. If Dev offers Earth a ride akin to the "ten pound poms" that went on with Australia in the fifties, and Happy Valley becomes a tax haven, the population could boom.

Danielle said there’s only 3 Star Trek series. Ronald D. Moore said Phase 2 exists, so I wonder what the third series is

Danielle said there’s only 3 Star Trek series. Ronald D. Moore said Phase 2 exists, so I wonder what the third series is

My guess would be that with TOS and PH2 and movies launching with The Wrath of Khan in 1983, Trek is even more Kirk-centric than IOTL and the third season launches (in 1993) out of The First Adventure.

Given that TUC was dependent on the fall of the USSR as plot inspiration, that film is vastly different (and Search for Spock might not even exist).

Non-spoiler thought:

I really do appreciate the sheer attention to detail that the props department puts into this show. Like the little things always look perfect for the time period (at least in the US set scenes, in the "Russian" set scenes I could swear I saw Polish flags a couple of times)

Spoiler thoughts:

Once again, episode went by so quickly that it felt short. Knew from the moment Sergei's room was shown he was fucked, but the attempted cleanup to make it look like a suicide was downright lazy and unless you have a complete fuckwit of a cop to look it over, it should be obvious that there is more at play.

Margot and Aleida going to do something to screw over both the US and the USSR for this, Margot because it's personal and Aleida because she's just tired of Eli and Politicians in general.

Less than 24 hours for the Ranger mission, powers that be know that something is up, the question is that can they find what and act on it quickly enough to pull it off, or will the mission have to be scrubbed? Because if the mission is scrubbed, I'd expect fucking everyone in any position of authority to be in serious trouble, all the way to the top levels.
My take is that the hitman put the hand in the wrong hand on purpose, so everyone realizes it was a murder