How a bunch of fat guys falling off horses wrecked the British Empire

OK, folks.

I thought the 1850 election would be the right place to wrap this one up. I may return to this TL with a "Fat Guys" II in the future.

Let me know what you think.

I'm considering several POD's for the latter half of the 19th century including:

1. A Coptic Christian exodus for Russian ruled Egypt to the Holy Lands.
2. Greater Slavic emigration to the Holy Lands and America (making the Near East a Russian state with the ejection of Arabs into Mesopotamia).
3. A massive French-sponsored "Republic of the Germans" or "People's Republic".
4. The inevitable declined and collapse of the Habsburg lands (I just don't see any reforms that would keep this together in the long term).
5. Constant American intervention in the new Kingdoms of South and Central America.
6. Constant friction between the Brazilian states of the United States, potentially a War of Succession.
7. A proposed "New Mexico" consisting of a loose alliance of states from the old New Spain.
8. Greater foreign interest in Africa, especially Egypt (for a canal) and the potential of colonization of East Africa...by the Maratha Empire.
9. Time travel, a giant asteroid hitting earth, alien invasion, Nazis riding dinosaurs, etc.

Thanks to all my long term readers for staying with this one.

Have a good 4th of July for you Americans out there and a Canada day to the Canucks.

1. This would make sense if Egypt continues to stay independent, however if Egypt becomes a Russian protectorate then it's unlikely due to the fact that the Coptics would be protected by Russian troops so they would have no real desire to leave their homelands. I might be wrong, but the holy land isn't as high in importance to the Coptic faith as it is to the Catholic and Orthodox churches.
  2. Makes sense.
  3. This could work but I don't really see all of Germany uniting. South Germany would at least stay with Austria since it would be the people who they would share the closest links towards. German Nationalism in this TL also doesn't make much sense since it was directly inspired by both the French Revolution and the creation of the Rhine Confederation. Here both don't happen so there shouldn't be any really fuse to set it off, especially the smaller class who would just want more rights. The only real revolutions that should happen are democratic ones to turn the states into republics and throw the princes out of power. Finally with the many powerful German states such as Saxony, Hanover, Prussia, etc., there is no strong state to unite behind and no German prince would willingly join the Germany, making it more than likely a state that is set up on the Rhineland or Western Germany.
  4. While I don't think Super Austria will become a thing, neither will the complete destruction of Austria happen unless every ruler is as stupid as Franz Joseph. There would most likely be a good number of reforms and the only real problems is the Hungarian and Slavic need for represenation. The way I see this happen is Austria splitting off and becoming its own state, while Hungary is a Kingdom with most of its lands except for Transylvania, and Bosnia becomes independent.
  5. More than likely.
  6. I really don't see this happening in a sequel unless every American administration following Douglas is really racist towards the Brazilians for some reason. The Portuguese are already a minority so there wouldn't be any Brazilian Nationalism, especially with the higher number of Protestants and Anglos. There would be some friction over distances, but these states will remain loyal, especially since South Carolina already proved that Washington won't tolerate dissent.
  7. Could likely happen. However you need one state to stabilize first and rise above the rest to lead a coalition. More than likely I can see some Imperialist movements in Washington wanting to annex these countries one at a time.
  8. Yes, this would most definitely happen and I'd want to see it.
  9. No, just no.

Latest North America
Fat Guys - North America 1846.png

Finally catch up only to find that it's done, by a matter of less than a week. Damn. This was good, don't think I've encountered a Britainscrew AND a Prussiascrew in the same story here until now.