How would an alternate 1960 presidential election of VP William Knowland vs Senate Majority Leader Lyndon Baines Johnson and the aftermath look like?

I’m curious because i feel like alternate 1960 presidential candidates is under explored/talked about and an election between these two in 1960 seems really interesting but I’m not very knowledgeable of what the political environment was like to have a solid idea on what a presidential race between these two would look like. Especially when it comes to what the electoral map would look like. Curious to see what people’s thoughts/ predictions of how the race plays out and how the winner of the election would govern and the butterflies of that.

To make things easier for the flow of the conversation the POD for this convo is Kennedy and Nixon both dying in WW2 since they both had life threatening moments in WW2

I’m curious because i feel like alternate 1960 presidential candidates is under explored/talked about and an election between these two in 1960 seems really interesting but I’m not very knowledgeable of what the political environment was like to have a solid idea on what a presidential race between these two would look like. Especially when it comes to what the electoral map would look like. Curious to see what people’s thoughts/ predictions of how the race plays out and how the winner of the election would govern and the butterflies of that.

To make things easier for the flow of the conversation the POD for this convo is Kennedy and Nixon both dying in WW2 since they both had life threatening moments in WW2
Knowland better have a good life insurance policy and have no blackmail material in his past.