Maximilian I Habsburg King of Spain

Ideas
We all know the History of Maximilian I Hasburg, the emperor who was very liberal for conservatives, but very conservative for liberals, an Emperor with a very liberal tendency when specifically his support base was conservative, which is why his end was in the mountains of Querétaro on July 19, 1867, but what if history had changed and Maximilian had not accepted the Imperial crown and had lived until 1869 and had accepted the Spanish crown, which would have been better since his support base would be liberal, what would happen? How would we manage to settle the Habsburgs in Spain again, who would be Emperor of Mexico, what would happen? This was an idea I came up with for a TL, which I'm going to write here, but I need ideas. thoughts?

We all know the History of Maximilian I Hasburg, the emperor who was very liberal for conservatives, but very conservative for liberals, an Emperor with a very liberal tendency when specifically his support base was conservative, which is why his end was in the mountains of Querétaro on July 19, 1867, but what if history had changed and Maximilian had not accepted the Imperial crown and had lived until 1869 and had accepted the Spanish crown, which would have been better since his support base would be liberal, what would happen? How would we manage to settle the Habsburgs in Spain again, who would be Emperor of Mexico, what would happen? This was an idea I came up with for a TL, which I'm going to write here, but I need ideas. thoughts?
"easier" way might be to get him be the candidate that Maria Cristina's regency reaches out to as bridegroom for Isabel II

"easier" way might be to get him be the candidate that Maria Cristina's regency reaches out to as bridegroom for Isabel II
Marrying Isabel, mmm interesting, but there wouldn't be some great power that would prevent it due to the balance of power or something like that, as far as I knew Isabel's OTL marriage with her literal cousin was forced by Napoleon III or something like that.

Marrying Isabel, mmm interesting, but there wouldn't be some great power that would prevent it due to the balance of power or something like that, as far as I knew Isabel's OTL marriage with her literal cousin was forced by Napoleon III or something like that.
Maria Cristina's preferred candidate was her brother, the conte de Trappani (i.e. Isabel's uncle!) so cousin is a definite improvement.

However, Maria Cristina's regency was basically sending out the batsignal to any candidate available in the hopes of shoring up support: Pedro V of Portugal, Ferdinando IV of Tuscany, the duke of Genoa, a prince of Bavaria. Bert and Ernie of Saxony (royal line, not Coburg) were Metternich's candidates. But MC refused to consider them because her predecessor had been their aunt (and MC, irrational in so many ways, had a dislike for her predecessor she'd never met).

As to the forced marriage, it was that bastard Louis Philippe, not Napoléon III. Britain wanted a match between she and the pro-English Enrique, duque de Seville if they couldn't get her married to the Carlist candidate. Louis Philippe agreed and then forced the marriage of Isabel-Francisco and Luisa-Montpensier

Maria Cristina's preferred candidate was her brother, the conte de Trappani (i.e. Isabel's uncle!) so cousin is a definite improvement.

However, Maria Cristina's regency was basically sending out the batsignal to any candidate available in the hopes of shoring up support: Pedro V of Portugal, Ferdinando IV of Tuscany, the duke of Genoa, a prince of Bavaria. Bert and Ernie of Saxony (royal line, not Coburg) were Metternich's candidates. But MC refused to consider them because her predecessor had been their aunt (and MC, irrational in so many ways, had a dislike for her predecessor she'd never met).

As to the forced marriage, it was that bastard Louis Philippe, not Napoléon III. Britain wanted a match between she and the pro-English Enrique, duque de Seville if they couldn't get her married to the Carlist candidate. Louis Philippe agreed and then forced the marriage of Isabel-Francisco and Luisa-Montpensier
So in what scenario can we marry Isabel to Maximiliano? I think one of the reasons why it was so terrible was because of the forced marriage with her cousin who had different tastes than usual. If the scenario happens in which Maximiliano marries Isabel, let's hope that their situation improves, in fact it would be interesting how history repeats itself in that a Hapsburg marries a Spanish princess and inherits Spain, we will have the Hapsburgs 2.0.

So in what scenario can we marry Isabel to Maximiliano? I think one of the reasons why it was so terrible was because of the forced marriage with her cousin who had different tastes than usual. If the scenario happens in which Maximiliano marries Isabel, let's hope that their situation improves, in fact it would be interesting how history repeats itself in that a Hapsburg marries a Spanish princess and inherits Spain, we will have the Hapsburgs 2.0.
Exactly! And their first son could be named charles to exampligy that

nothing stops Francisco d'Asis from getting assassinated- Isabel II had several close escapes-. Have Francisco be with her on one of the occasions and take the knife/bullet instead
I was also thinking about that but the bad thing is that this unfortunate man had quite a few brothers, so I think that if she doesn't marry him she will marry his brother and so on.

I was also thinking about that but the bad thing is that this unfortunate man had quite a few brothers, so I think that if she doesn't marry him she will marry his brother and so on.
while he had quite a few brothers, by say...August 1850 (the Carlist claimant married in July 1850), the duque de Seville is married already (since 1847), Duarte is dead at age 4, Fernando Maria (b.1832) is there, but he would die in 1854*. So no cousins/brothers-in-law available. Sure, there are the Bourbons in Naples. but the queen of Sicily wouldn't let her stepson, the duke of Calabria take it, and her own son is too young. The Conte di Lecce is dead (in 1843), Aquila's married but his sons are too young, Trapani's married as of April 1850, with his first daughter already on the way. Parma's taken care of.

while he had quite a few brothers, by say...August 1850 (the Carlist claimant married in July 1850), the duque de Seville is married already (since 1847), Duarte is dead at age 4, Fernando Maria (b.1832) is there, but he would die in 1854*. So no cousins/brothers-in-law available. Sure, there are the Bourbons in Naples. but the queen of Sicily wouldn't let her stepson, the duke of Calabria take it, and her own son is too young. The Conte di Lecce is dead (in 1843), Aquila's married but his sons are too young, Trapani's married as of April 1850, with his first daughter already on the way. Parma's taken care of.
Well, the truth is that with that it would be settled, we already have a king of Spain, what do you think Maximilian would contribute to Spain? If he marries Isabel of Spain at a young age, he can spend more time learning about the peninsula and doing a great job in Spain. I plan on them getting married in 1848 when Isabel is 18 and Maxi is 16 or is he too young? What do you think would be the main changes?

Well, the truth is that with that it would be settled, we already have a king of Spain, what do you think Maximilian would contribute to Spain? If he marries Isabel of Spain at a young age, he can spend more time learning about the peninsula and doing a great job in Spain. I plan on them getting married in 1848 when Isabel is 18 and Maxi is 16 or is he too young? What do you think would be the main changes?
Good ages, more stability, no glorious revolution, stable succession and no excuse to put a german on the spanish throne, no franco-prussian war, Napoleon III remains on his throne

Good ages, more stability, no glorious revolution, stable succession and no excuse to put a german on the spanish throne, no franco-prussian war, Napoleon III remains on his throne
literally that's what I thought, well at first I was thinking that he would have good relations with Austria, but I think not, on the part of Frank Jose who was very jealous of his brother and worse now that while Maxi governs in Spain and stabilizes it he loses a lot, like this I think they will be neutral relations at best, the other thing is that there will no longer be the excuse of the Spanish throne for the Franco-Prussian war but if there is, Bismarck would find another way to achieve it

literally that's what I thought, well at first I was thinking that he would have good relations with Austria, but I think not, on the part of Frank Jose who was very jealous of his brother and worse now that while Maxi governs in Spain and stabilizes it he loses a lot, like this I think they will be neutral relations at best, the other thing is that there will no longer be the excuse of the Spanish throne for the Franco-Prussian war but if there is, Bismarck would find another way to achieve it
I think maxie will maintain ties with france and austria. And will intervine in favor of the former, seeing the potential in napoleon IV and seeing that Napoleon III is in no state to fight a war, diplomacy first