Planning and Discussion Thread: Welsh Television Vignette

It started with a very short scenario that I've originally written almost a year ago, and I'm currently planning to expand it into a vignette (short alternate history scenario).

As indicated in the scenario, the PoD was 1968, when the GPO cooperated with both the BBC and ITA (Independent Television Authority) to both upgrade existing transmitters for UHF and construct new UHF transmitters across Wales, paving the way for the launch of Teledu Cymru a couple of years later as the first regional Fourth Channel service across Britain.

However, I also seriously consider the 1962-63 PoD for my planned vignette, given the main reasons why WWN (Wales (West and North) Television)/Teledu Cymru failed OTL as indicated in this Transdiffusion article. However, the most obvious handicap was the conservatism of the GPO at that time.

Hence, here's my inquiries:
  1. What was the more suitable PoD for my planned vignette, 1962-63 or 1968?
  2. Who were the personalities that could help to the earlier establishment of Welsh-language television channel?

I love to hear your answers, comments and suggestions from you guys, especially from Great Britain (A Welsh AH.com member could be an advantage) and/or an expert in broadcasting.