Question: importance of South African gold on world economy before 1914

Just a question for those better informed on economic history than myself.

Working on a map/scenario, and one bit has (no Zulu Mfecane) the most important gold-bearing areas in South Africa still under native control in 1911. Sure, there are some concessions by this point, but overall the amount of south African gold in circulation is considerably lower than OTL 1911. Now I think I've read something to the effect that South African, Australian, etc. gold finds in the second half of the 19th century were important for the world economy in that the gold-based international economy greatly benefited from the resultant increase in liquidity, but how important was the south African contribution, and with, say, 80% less South African gold in the global economy, is that going to cause constricted economic growth and perhaps more political turmoil in the 1890-1913 period? Or is this not enough to really change things, save in the "random butterfly" sense of things.

Grey Wolf

Donor
Might it be partially offset by mining less economically viable reserves elsewhere, which in this situation would be less marginal and more likely to provide a profit?

(no Zulu Mfecane)
Mfecane wasn't limited to the Zulus. It was sort of a domino effect migration that started way up the coast IIRC
the most important gold-bearing areas in South Africa still under native control in 1911
I was always under the impression that neither of those (the area around Joburg and in Mpumalanga) were what could be called "settled", or do you mean "native" as in Boer rather than "uitlander"/British control?