Red Alert - Our 1953 USSR

1. Decide the fate of MVD and MGB agants who betrayed Beria and handled him to victorious Red Army.
B) For the same reasons as @ruffino.
2. Should USSR end the ongoing conflict in Korea?
A) Yes.
3. Please write down, initiatives and topics to be addressed during the first 100 days of the new Soviet leadership.
I'll add my support to the ideas of @Kriss, @ruffino and @Kurd Gossemer

1.B
2.Support to @Kriss
3. Mix of @Kriss and @Kurd Gossemer

Though I must admit I think the military will and should have a major role in society, not many can claim to have fought against the total extermination of their peoples like the Nazi's would have done and Zhukov is the leader of our nation is some of our greatest political capital. That and the military has been a vital part of nation building, which given we have to integrate territories newly taken fairly recently something we can't ignore.

However for now best to try and reduce military spending and invest more into our civilian sectors and find a compromise later on.

1.B
2.Support to @Kriss
3. Mix of @Kriss and @Kurd Gossemer

Though I must admit I think the military will and should have a major role in society, not many can claim to have fought against the total extermination of their peoples like the Nazi's would have done and Zhukov is the leader of our nation is some of our greatest political capital. That and the military has been a vital part of nation building, which given we have to integrate territories newly taken fairly recently something we can't ignore.

However for now best to try and reduce military spending and invest more into our civilian sectors and find a compromise later on.

I like the idea of militaristic Soviet Union.

I would like to suggest that we try again to negotiate unified and neutral Germany so we remove western presence from our borders (unless you know, we plan to blitz to rhine in far future)

Some people really wants a WW3, this isn't ASB ffs... I'm always gonna be against any kind of open warfare.

Last edited:
I would like to suggest that we try again to negotiate unified and neutral Germany so we remove western presence from our borders (unless you know, we plan to blitz to rhine in far future)

That's hard as long as USA doesn't agree to retreat NATO from the West Germany and that's improbable. In reality cold war was starting even before the end of WW2 (nuking Japan was as much of the warning to USSR as it was a way to get Japan to surrender to USA).

Basically USA will never give up Western Germany for the sake of getting the Eastern half neutral, Western Germany is to valuable for that and we would basically hear typical story of them not being able to trust USSR not to invade Germany and install Communist government if it isn’t part of NATO (something which is quite probable given that in Russian thread we basically decided to annex Ukraine, so no Americans probably won't be the fools here).

To truly achieve that we would need to retreat from Eastern Europe.

That's hard as long as USA doesn't agree to retreat NATO from the West Germany and that's improbable. In reality cold war was starting even before the end of WW2 (nuking Japan was as much of the warning to USSR as it was a way to get Japan to surrender to USA).

Basically USA will never give up Western Germany for the sake of getting the Eastern half neutral, Western Germany is to valuable for that and we would basically hear typical story of them not being able to trust USSR not to invade Germany and install Communist government if it isn’t part of NATO (something which is quite probable given that in Russian thread we basically decided to annex Ukraine, so no Americans probably won't be the fools here).

To truly achieve that we would need to retreat from Eastern Europe.
Makes sense, ignoring potential conflict, is it possible to male east germany more tolerable for living so mass emigration does not happen?

Connecting to this i would like to suggest that we should take some burden of reconstruction off from our sphere members, our goal here is for people to not think and feel they are yet another dominion of someone

Makes sense, ignoring potential conflict, is it possible to male east germany more tolerable for living so mass emigration does not happen?

Not in the short amount of time.

Connecting to this i would like to suggest that we should take some burden of reconstruction off from our sphere members, our goal here is for people to not think and feel they are yet another dominion of someone

Problem is USSR is already offering significant help and you must understand that USSR was also devastated in the war. Offering further help risks endangering our own rebuilding efforts and we are already offering significant material help to Eastern Europe and China.

Only way we could help is by being less controlling on economic matters and let our members engage in World trade and maybe try to get some help from USA similarly to Yugoslavia.

Honestly, abandoning the regimes in the Warsaw pact as well as most of the other regimes they supported might be political suicide, but for the USSR itself it would be great. I just don't see a feasible option, aside from going to a more NATO like approach to only care for military bases as hard skill, while the rest comes from economic domination.

Honestly, abandoning the regimes in the Warsaw pact as well as most of the other regimes they supported might be political suicide, but for the USSR itself it would be great. I just don't see a feasible option, aside from going to a more NATO like approach to only care for military bases as hard skill, while the rest comes from economic domination.
I disagree tbh, by the 60s we should've recovered well enough and given we're able to foster better cooperation and economic binding between the Warsaw Pact members, we'll be able to increase the standards of living but we need to understand we can't magically make it happen and that these things take time, the situation in East Germany is bad but for the now, our best course of action is a change of leadership and increased economic cooperation in order to improve the situation

I'm for reforms and cooperation with our Warsaw Pact members but I'd like to still continue "Planned Economy" domestically with some reforms as I don't trust the United States that much, even if it's under Eisenhower administration.

Hell, with an increasing corporate control over the U.S government...

1. B) Although they aided Beria's failed coup attempt, we should ensure these trials are fair and that we punish the agents in accordance with the law, both not to burn any bridges that could be made with them in the future and to show that the Soviet Union will not return to the days of the Great Purge by respecting the people's rights.

2. B) Korea has quickly turned into a stalemate. I'm of the opinion that we should continue the war for at least the next month, though if no major breakthroughs are made by the North, we can open peace talks with the US to end the war.

3. Recently, the Caspian Sea's water level has been decreasing. I propose we restart the old Northern River reversal project to redirect the flow of the Arctic rivers south to Central Asia to supply the region with water and the Pechora-Kama Canal in Russia, along with the Sakhalin Tunnel and the railway connecting Salekhard and Igarka.

Last edited:
GDP Ranking (1953)
1. United States - $392,975M
2. Soviet Union - $97,516M
3. United Kingdom - $51,949M
4. France - $42,584M
5. West Germany - $41,711M
6. China - $31,604M
7. Canada - $27,502M
8. Japan - $24,599M
9. Italy - $23,666M
10. India - $21,249M

Something I just remembered, we should definitely compensate the Holodomor victims and their relatives while also create a memorial as well.