Trying to Please Everyone: Or Converting multiple Pop Culture Utopias into a Timeline.

Ah, got it! And what will become of Donkey Kong Jr. ITTL?
It won't exist. Gameplay and elements from it may be repurposed for another game(which also removes Mario's appearance as a cruel animal trainer). Otherwise the game could quite possibly be an early appearance of Diddy Kong.

It won't exist. Gameplay and elements from it may be repurposed for another game(which also removes Mario's appearance as a cruel animal trainer). Otherwise the game could quite possibly be an early appearance of Diddy Kong.
Oh my! Also, what will become of Doki Doki Panic ITTL?

While I do not wish to try and insert myself into the plans of Marco and his timeline, as I wish to see what he comes up with, I thought I might try to contribute and give my thoughts as to how the US's presidencies play out here in this timeline as they were listed before in the thread. If Marco requests I take this post down for whatever reason then I will, as I do not consider this official, just more as speculation and my thoughts.

Theodore Roosevelt(1913-1919)(Republican)

Roosevelt returns to his famous environmentalism, conservation, and trust-busting. The South is pissed that their candidate didn't win, as his beliefs in the Lost Cause surely would've influenced the country in their favor, pushing for segregation and white supremacy. A slight uptick of unrest occurs in the South, but other than that it doesn't get very far beyond Dixie's usual rhetoric and violence of the time. Civil rights of blacks are improved instead of set back by years, maybe with Roosevelt saying "fuck it" and inviting another non-white into the White House, similar to what happened between him and Brooker T. Washington in 1901 IOTL, alongside the Birth of a Nation (as described earlier a movie about the American Revolution instead of a Confederate-centred retelling of the Civil War and Reconstruction ITTL) still being screened inside, a major improvement compared to OTL.

World War I comes to an end, as stated, a year earlier, as I imagine on November 11th, 1917, saving millions of lives, including his son Quentin Roosevelt who was shot down IOTL, although I have a feeling many of those same men who would have died in late 1917 and 1918 would eventually live to die in World War II, unfortunately. Due to his OTL views on the Irish and Germans, specifically Irish and German Americans, I'm unsure how to expect those two to turn out ITTL, as on one hand, I can imagine that they don't turn out 'bad', per se, mostly following their OTL fates with a few divergences, while OTOH, whilst this timeline is trying to get as many people as possible in a better position, I can imagine in a twist of the 'Roosevelt wins in 1912' scenarios, that the Irish and Germans turn out somehow worse off than OTL, with Germany having more pressure put on them, and the British receiving more aid to fight off the Irish rebels. Although this will probably not happen, as Roosevelt could easily be influenced by a divergence to just put Germany in the same OTL position instead of a worse one.

Charles Evan Hughes(1919-1921)(Republican)

His presidency is short, unsurprisingly, leading the country for just two years, less than JFK's OTL presidency, so I'm unsure what exactly to say here, other than that he would continue Roosevelt's policies whilst pushing for some of his own, including his civil rights ones. One of the things I could imagine developing in the Public conscious ITTL is that Hughes was ahead of his time, pushing back against the racism and bigotry of his day and pushing for equal rights and tolerance, unfortunately losing reelction, although knowing that one point he was the 29th President of the United States of America.

James Cox(1921-1929)(Democrat)

Due to him being a media man ITTL, I wonder if the government ITTL's 1920s will have more 'involvement' in stuff like cinema ITTL? I know he was a newspaper man, but maybe Cox's administration could have the growing and blossoming entertainment industry be one of its focuses.

Herbert Hoover(1929-1933)(Republican)

Probably OTL, I don't think I have much to say here tbh.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt(1933-1945)(Democrat)

I don't think I have much to say here either, other than FDR could ride on the waves of not only being the previous Vice President before Charles Curtis, but also the nephew of the legendary, two-timer like Grover Cleveland Theodore Roosevelt. As for a specific date of passing, IOTL he was suffering near the time of his death, so I would be merciful and have him pass a week after the war's end.

Harry Truman(1945-1957)(Democrat)

No comment other than I assume a few butterflies affect the 50s due to this.

Dwight D.Eisenhower(1957-1963)(Republican)

With a World War II general being assassinated ITTL, I can imagine the tragicness would be exemplified, in a "he was only a few days away from retiring!" sorta way, alongside the grieving over such a violent way a major hero in the Second World War went out. Overall I don't think I have much to say, other than RIP.

Richard Nixon(1963-1969)(Republican)

Good on Nixon being a better president than he was IOTL, and I can imagine he would be satisfied with having won the election in 1964. I imagine he lives a good retirment, passing away in April 1994, not a despised man.

John F.Kennedy(1969-1977)(Democrat)

I think due to the 1960s being a mostly Republican decade, with JFK popping up just at the end, you have (maybe unintentionally) crafted up an excellent recipe for the counterculture movement ITTL, bear with me. With the mostly conservative Eisenhower and Nixon in charge between 1957 to 1969, you have the Counterculture movement ebgin when 'the Establishment' is in charge, when those who enjoyed the 1950s-Americana White Picket Fence Nuclear Family lifestyle are in power, instead of the liberal Kennedys, which I think in a way would embolden those to push just like they did IOTL, if not harder, planting the seeds of success later on. This is not to say that the Republicans were all morally questionable conservatives and democrats were all liberal progressives on the right side of history, but in my mind, I can imagine that this is what helps those who are progressives in the Democratic party to take the opportunity to win the 1968 US Election.

With JFK being president in the 1970s, the Counterculture becomes a movement heavily both associated with both the 1960s and the 1970s, with the 60s being known as the "underground/fighting/protest years", when they were still trying to push for their progressive ideas without the help of the government unlike OTL, being seen as the outliers or minority (not too unlike OTL), usual imagery being protests, music concerts, college campuses, kids running away/rebelling from their parents, and the rise in prominence of radical and/or non-mainstream/establishment ideas. While the 1970s are known as the "victory/success years", begging with the victory of Kennedy in 1968, this is where almost everything the movement/s were fighting for succeeds, as they reach support with from the government. Figures like Robert F. Kennedy, Ted Kennedy, Harvey Milk, Jesse Jackson, Shirley Chrisholm, Edmund Muskie, Ron Dellums, Walter Mondale, Morris K. Udall, Llyod Bentsen, and many others would see a rise in popularity, power, and influence, as many gained a new sense of hope, excitement, optimism, and goodwill, with the term "Camelot era" being associated more wi8th the 70s rather than the 1960s, although they will probably get their own similar term. The 1970s, while still having plenty of problems to deal with, will be combated by a progressive Democratic administration, and not a shady Republican one. Highlights I can imagine during his administration being the Moon Landing (which may or may not be a joint American-Russian mission), the Equal Rights Amendment, the decline of radical groups like the Black Panthers and Weather Underground, the twilight of the Cold War with bettering relations with China and Russia, and major fights for rights of the LGBTQ+ community, as they became more and more recognized and acknowledged in not only political circles, but also wider culture.

The hippie/counterculture movement, to most historians, came to an end in 1977 ITTL with the inauguration of the Republican Ronald Reagan.

Ronald Reagan(1977-1981)(Republican)

I presume he's the same Reagan as OTL, but coming to the presidency in '76 instead of '80? He becomes the Carter of this World, trying to jumpstart Neoliberalism.

John Glenn(1981-1989)(Democrat)

Despite the feeling of this guy being huge, I don't know much about John Glenn ITTL other than he was an astronaut who became a successful two-term president. I presume the 1980s, despite being the same as we know them culturally and aesthetically, instead of being associated with conservativism, are instead associated with centrism and/or progressivism.

Joseph Biden(1989-1993)(Democrat)

Do his wife and daughter still die in 1972 ITTL? Anyways, he becomes the Bush to Glenn ITTL I presume, being the president who was initially popular in 88'. but then grew less popular before losing reelection in 93'. As I stated earlier, maybe ITTL if the LA Riots or some sort of equivalent breaks out, his response arises some controversy that gives his opponents a chance to jump on him and makes him a one-term candidate. At the very least his dream of being POTUS was fulfilled. Don't know what he would be doing in 2021, although I presume he would still be somewhat popular as a former living president, especially during the wave of the Obama-Clinton years.

George H.W. Bush (1993-2001)(Republican)

Pushes (rhymes with bushes) for his "Kinder, Gentler Nation" style conservatism, hoping to replace the risky neoliberals and bigoted paleoconservatives of the GOP, winning against Joe Biden in 1992. The 1990s are still the 90s, although more rebellious media like the Simpsons might have a challenger ahead with the conservatives in power between 93' and 01', which could see a rise in parents groups and other "think of the children!" mentality people, like Jack Thompson and the Parents Television and Media Council.

Al Gore(2001-2009)(Democrat)

As somebody who has read @CountDVB's A Gore Prosperous Tomorrow, I believe the events that will play out during those 8 years will be similar, parallel, or are outright the same as what happened in that timeline, with butterflies from the previous century or more of butterflies, political, cultural, and social alike of course having an influence on divergences and what not. Stuff like the Environment, no middle eastern invasions, investigations into Corporations, LGBTQ+ rights, and the rise of the Internet will all make the 00s a much better decade for alot of people.

John McCain(2009-2013)(Republican)

I presume this will just be George H. W. Bush but just in the late 00s and early 10s. A brief resurgence and flourishment in the GOP and Republican values, although pop culture remains mostly the same as OTL.

Barrack Obama(2013-2021)(Democrat)

I can imagine the election of America's first African American, and by extent first non-white president, being pushed towards 2012 instead of 2008 fills me up with these positive feelings inside, like this was meant to be, that this feels perfect, that it makes sense, that that little period of time between 2009 and 2013 being given to McCain were it was Obama IOTL is not only worth it, but also okay. 2012, alongside being the year of numerous memorable moments (some of which may or may not exist ITTL, or be outright replaced if not joined by even more events and moments) for many Gen-Zers like me, will be joined by a historical election milestone, with that 4-year difference, most notably in social media, being particularly important.

As for his actual presidency itself, I'm not sure. ISIS, Brexit, Crimea, and other big-name problems of the 2010s sure as heck don't exist ITTL, unless they do. Unless it happens earlier, he will become known, like IOTL, as the president who legalized Gay rights in 2013, with perhaps bigger work being done in the other parts of the LGBT community, like Transpeople or Non-Binary people. Maybe we see some sort of chaotic 2016 election, even if Trump doesn't run, or without the exact same atmosphere of political division over subjects like 'Political correctness' and what not, although I think Obama winning reelection wouldn't surprise too many people compared to OTL.

Hilary Clinton(2021-)(Democrat)

She would have just started, so not much to comment on other than two things. One is that I can imagine the reactions of the first woman president after the presidency of the first non-white one. Images of young and old liberal-minded people alike looking on smiling with tears in their eyes, others hugging out in massive crowds and whatnot. Two, maybe here the chaos of 2016 combines with 2020 into one chaotic year, spurred on by COVID-19's sudden appearance and subsequent chaos, although there will probably be no January 6th attack, although it would be interesting to see how the World would have reacted to that.

Overall a very interesting series of Presidents you have here for America, Marco.

While I do not wish to try and insert myself into the plans of Marco and his timeline, as I wish to see what he comes up with, I thought I might try to contribute and give my thoughts as to how the US's presidencies play out here in this timeline as they were listed before in the thread. If Marco requests I take this post down for whatever reason then I will, as I do not consider this official, just more as speculation and my thoughts.

Roosevelt returns to his famous environmentalism, conservation, and trust-busting. The South is pissed that their candidate didn't win, as his beliefs in the Lost Cause surely would've influenced the country in their favor, pushing for segregation and white supremacy. A slight uptick of unrest occurs in the South, but other than that it doesn't get very far beyond Dixie's usual rhetoric and violence of the time. Civil rights of blacks are improved instead of set back by years, maybe with Roosevelt saying "fuck it" and inviting another non-white into the White House, similar to what happened between him and Brooker T. Washington in 1901 IOTL, alongside the Birth of a Nation (as described earlier a movie about the American Revolution instead of a Confederate-centred retelling of the Civil War and Reconstruction ITTL) still being screened inside, a major improvement compared to OTL.

World War I comes to an end, as stated, a year earlier, as I imagine on November 11th, 1917, saving millions of lives, including his son Quentin Roosevelt who was shot down IOTL, although I have a feeling many of those same men who would have died in late 1917 and 1918 would eventually live to die in World War II, unfortunately. Due to his OTL views on the Irish and Germans, specifically Irish and German Americans, I'm unsure how to expect those two to turn out ITTL, as on one hand, I can imagine that they don't turn out 'bad', per se, mostly following their OTL fates with a few divergences, while OTOH, whilst this timeline is trying to get as many people as possible in a better position, I can imagine in a twist of the 'Roosevelt wins in 1912' scenarios, that the Irish and Germans turn out somehow worse off than OTL, with Germany having more pressure put on them, and the British receiving more aid to fight off the Irish rebels. Although this will probably not happen, as Roosevelt could easily be influenced by a divergence to just put Germany in the same OTL position instead of a worse one.
Nothing to really comment on Theodore Roosevelt though his attitude towards Irish and German Americans does add at least one negative aspect. Roosevelt also wasn't the guy to stick around for peacetalks so the Post War conditions on the Central powers might actually be worse, along with possibly no League of Nations. I do like the idea of Quentin Roosevelt surviving, though another possible idea in addition to Quentin living is the War ending on December 25th, 1917(if purely a ceremonial act of signing a legal document on that day, making it official).

His presidency is short, unsurprisingly, leading the country for just two years, less than JFK's OTL presidency, so I'm unsure what exactly to say here, other than that he would continue Roosevelt's policies whilst pushing for some of his own, including his civil rights ones. One of the things I could imagine developing in the Public conscious ITTL is that Hughes was ahead of his time, pushing back against the racism and bigotry of his day and pushing for equal rights and tolerance, unfortunately losing reelction, although knowing that one point he was the 29th President of the United States of America.
Hughes in hindsight is seen as a "Great President we never had" due to his progressive views. However In real life he alienated people on both sides and that is believed to be what cost him the 1916 election. As Vice President he would be seen as fine since Teddy's in charge but without Teddy its a different story. Also Party fatigue had to kick in at some point and the US would be approaching 24 years of Republican rule.
Due to him being a media man ITTL, I wonder if the government ITTL's 1920s will have more 'involvement' in stuff like cinema ITTL? I know he was a newspaper man, but maybe Cox's administration could have the growing and blossoming entertainment industry be one of its focuses.
I admit I didn't. think of this before, but Cox being a film industry focused President makes sense in the Roaring twenties where the medium is kicking off.
Probably OTL, I don't think I have much to say here tbh.
Yeah Herbert Hoover is basically the same. It was kind of an effort to have a Republican President be blamed for everything to allow a Democrat to come in and fix stuff.
I don't think I have much to say here either, other than FDR could ride on the waves of not only being the previous Vice President before Charles Curtis, but also the nephew of the legendary, two-timer like Grover Cleveland Theodore Roosevelt. As for a specific date of passing, IOTL he was suffering near the time of his death, so I would be merciful and have him pass a week after the war's end.
I agree with all of this.
No comment other than I assume a few butterflies affect the 50s due to this.
Truman being in office a little longer means he supports the Civil Rights a bit more since he wouldn't have had to desegregate the army ITTL and gets to counter McCarthy in a big way.
With a World War II general being assassinated ITTL, I can imagine the tragicness would be exemplified, in a "he was only a few days away from retiring!" sorta way, alongside the grieving over such a violent way a major hero in the Second World War went out. Overall I don't think I have much to say, other than RIP.
Agreed. It would also convey an attitude that this isn't the same kind of war.
Good on Nixon being a better president than he was IOTL, and I can imagine he would be satisfied with having won the election in 1964. I imagine he lives a good retirment, passing away in April 1994, not a despised man.
Nixon evidently grew paranoid after his loss so without that paranoia he's likely to be a better guy. He also gets to thaw one side of the Cold War. Nixon likely retires to the California Beaches.
I think due to the 1960s being a mostly Republican decade, with JFK popping up just at the end, you have (maybe unintentionally) crafted up an excellent recipe for the counterculture movement ITTL, bear with me. With the mostly conservative Eisenhower and Nixon in charge between 1957 to 1969, you have the Counterculture movement ebgin when 'the Establishment' is in charge, when those who enjoyed the 1950s-Americana White Picket Fence Nuclear Family lifestyle are in power, instead of the liberal Kennedys, which I think in a way would embolden those to push just like they did IOTL, if not harder, planting the seeds of success later on. This is not to say that the Republicans were all morally questionable conservatives and democrats were all liberal progressives on the right side of history, but in my mind, I can imagine that this is what helps those who are progressives in the Democratic party to take the opportunity to win the 1968 US Election.

With JFK being president in the 1970s, the Counterculture becomes a movement heavily both associated with both the 1960s and the 1970s, with the 60s being known as the "underground/fighting/protest years", when they were still trying to push for their progressive ideas without the help of the government unlike OTL, being seen as the outliers or minority (not too unlike OTL), usual imagery being protests, music concerts, college campuses, kids running away/rebelling from their parents, and the rise in prominence of radical and/or non-mainstream/establishment ideas. While the 1970s are known as the "victory/success years", begging with the victory of Kennedy in 1968, this is where almost everything the movement/s were fighting for succeeds, as they reach support with from the government. Figures like Robert F. Kennedy, Ted Kennedy, Harvey Milk, Jesse Jackson, Shirley Chrisholm, Edmund Muskie, Ron Dellums, Walter Mondale, Morris K. Udall, Llyod Bentsen, and many others would see a rise in popularity, power, and influence, as many gained a new sense of hope, excitement, optimism, and goodwill, with the term "Camelot era" being associated more wi8th the 70s rather than the 1960s, although they will probably get their own similar term. The 1970s, while still having plenty of problems to deal with, will be combated by a progressive Democratic administration, and not a shady Republican one. Highlights I can imagine during his administration being the Moon Landing (which may or may not be a joint American-Russian mission), the Equal Rights Amendment, the decline of radical groups like the Black Panthers and Weather Underground, the twilight of the Cold War with bettering relations with China and Russia, and major fights for rights of the LGBTQ+ community, as they became more and more recognized and acknowledged in not only political circles, but also wider culture.

The hippie/counterculture movement, to most historians, came to an end in 1977 ITTL with the inauguration of the Republican Ronald Reagan.
Honestly a good point and an interesting dive into it. It's also a good decade for Pop Culture in general with Kennedy having married Marilyn Monroe and the Space Race being won under Kennedy's watch after he pushed for it and making it a joint operation.
I presume he's the same Reagan as OTL, but coming to the presidency in '76 instead of '80? He becomes the Carter of this World, trying to jumpstart Neoliberalism.
The Iranian Hostage Crisis or some parallel to it(likely inspiring the film Argo) could happen ITTL and cost Reagan since it wouldn't be resolved until after the election. Though he does get to further thaw things out with the Russia.
Despite the feeling of this guy being huge, I don't know much about John Glenn ITTL other than he was an astronaut who became a successful two-term president. I presume the 1980s, despite being the same as we know them culturally and aesthetically, instead of being associated with conservativism, are instead associated with centrism and/or progressivism.
John Glenn is a popular choice for beating Reagan in 1980, but it also fits a bit since with Kennedy pushing Space exploration further during his term, An astronaut President would show just how space crazy America has gotten.
Do his wife and daughter still die in 1972 ITTL? Anyways, he becomes the Bush to Glenn ITTL I presume, being the president who was initially popular in 88'. but then grew less popular before losing reelection in 93'. As I stated earlier, maybe ITTL if the LA Riots or some sort of equivalent breaks out, his response arises some controversy that gives his opponents a chance to jump on him and makes him a one-term candidate. At the very least his dream of being POTUS was fulfilled. Don't know what he would be doing in 2021, although I presume he would still be somewhat popular as a former living president, especially during the wave of the Obama-Clinton years.
I would want to say Biden's wife and daughter survive, though as a type of cosmic balance someone else's Wife and Daughter or someone else would possibly be killed somewhere else in the timeline. It's possible they survive and Biden goes to them in Hospital, possibly due to Mike Mansfield, who convinced Biden not to resign to care for them OTL, not doing so or dying earlier. Another alternative is the crash happens later while Biden is President and his choice to resign is instead not to run for reelection to care for his family.
Pushes (rhymes with bushes) for his "Kinder, Gentler Nation" style conservatism, hoping to replace the risky neoliberals and bigoted paleoconservatives of the GOP, winning against Joe Biden in 1992. The 1990s are still the 90s, although more rebellious media like the Simpsons might have a challenger ahead with the conservatives in power between 93' and 01', which could see a rise in parents groups and other "think of the children!" mentality people, like Jack Thompson and the Parents Television and Media Council.
Since you bring up the Simpsons I just want to say, the harder someone pushes against something, the more popular it becomes. This is especially true for the Simpsons. One big change I have for the Simpsons is the characters aging, meaning the show likely also ends sooner, possibly around Season 8, so Bush's attitude towards the show may change as the characters go through arcs.
As somebody who has read @CountDVB's A Gore Prosperous Tomorrow, I believe the events that will play out during those 8 years will be similar, parallel, or are outright the same as what happened in that timeline, with butterflies from the previous century or more of butterflies, political, cultural, and social alike of course having an influence on divergences and what not. Stuff like the Environment, no middle eastern invasions, investigations into Corporations, LGBTQ+ rights, and the rise of the Internet will all make the 00s a much better decade for alot of people.
Yeah A Gore Prosperous Tomorrow is the Go To for Gore.
I presume this will just be George H. W. Bush but just in the late 00s and early 10s. A brief resurgence and flourishment in the GOP and Republican values, although pop culture remains mostly the same as OTL.
Pretty much yeah.
I can imagine the election of America's first African American, and by extent first non-white president, being pushed towards 2012 instead of 2008 fills me up with these positive feelings inside, like this was meant to be, that this feels perfect, that it makes sense, that that little period of time between 2009 and 2013 being given to McCain were it was Obama IOTL is not only worth it, but also okay. 2012, alongside being the year of numerous memorable moments (some of which may or may not exist ITTL, or be outright replaced if not joined by even more events and moments) for many Gen-Zers like me, will be joined by a historical election milestone, with that 4-year difference, most notably in social media, being particularly important.

As for his actual presidency itself, I'm not sure. ISIS, Brexit, Crimea, and other big-name problems of the 2010s sure as heck don't exist ITTL, unless they do. Unless it happens earlier, he will become known, like IOTL, as the president who legalized Gay rights in 2013, with perhaps bigger work being done in the other parts of the LGBT community, like Transpeople or Non-Binary people. Maybe we see some sort of chaotic 2016 election, even if Trump doesn't run, or without the exact same atmosphere of political division over subjects like 'Political correctness' and what not, although I think Obama winning reelection wouldn't surprise too many people compared to OTL.
I actually had a crazy plan of what to do with Trump, inspired by HBO's Watchmen. His father appears as "Fred T." and is killed in that show while he is a store owner. So I'm thinking of throwing in an article somewhere once I add a bit more posts on the Background of the world that mentions "Shop Owner Fred T. killed in botched robbery." sometime in 1939, before he even builds up the big name company, let alone has a son. Since its been observed Trump or someone like him in 2012 would likely have risen to power had the recession never happened. With that element not a factor it instead leads to McCain winning and the Recession not happening also keeps Britain in the EU via butterflies relating to the Economy.
She would have just started, so not much to comment on other than two things. One is that I can imagine the reactions of the first woman president after the presidency of the first non-white one. Images of young and old liberal-minded people alike looking on smiling with tears in their eyes, others hugging out in massive crowds and whatnot. Two, maybe here the chaos of 2016 combines with 2020 into one chaotic year, spurred on by COVID-19's sudden appearance and subsequent chaos, although there will probably be no January 6th attack, although it would be interesting to see how the World would have reacted to that.
I imagine Hilary likely serving as Obama's Vice President or someone else's first...Oh god what if she married another person who became President? Anyway as mentioned above I get the feeling that the election is going to be a bit easier for her than OTL.
Overall a very interesting series of Presidents you have here for America, Marco.
Thanks. I thought I did pretty well for something I rushed to put together.

Nothing to really comment on Theodore Roosevelt though his attitude towards Irish and German Americans does add at least one negative aspect. Roosevelt also wasn't the guy to stick around for peacetalks so the Post War conditions on the Central powers might actually be worse, along with possibly no League of Nations. I do like the idea of Quentin Roosevelt surviving, though another possible idea in addition to Quentin living is the War ending on December 25th, 1917(if purely a ceremonial act of signing a legal document on that day, making it official).

Interesting. Quintin, I can imagine, would go on to eventually fight in WW2, or atleast serve as an influence in FDR's government and military.

Hughes in hindsight is seen as a "Great President we never had" due to his progressive views. However In real life he alienated people on both sides and that is believed to be what cost him the 1916 election. As Vice President he would be seen as fine since Teddy's in charge but without Teddy its a different story. Also Party fatigue had to kick in at some point and the US would be approaching 24 years of Republican rule.

Yep, it's time for a change.

I admit I didn't. think of this before, but Cox being a film industry focused President makes sense in the Roaring twenties where the medium is kicking off.

The 1920s will be a great decade in popular culture, Jazz, speakeasies, postmodern and surrealist art, the begging of Talkies, and the beggings of the animation industry.

Yeah Herbert Hoover is basically the same. It was kind of an effort to have a Republican President be blamed for everything to allow a Democrat to come in and fix stuff.

At least he can say he had the first non-white VP, if he had to win any points.

I agree with all of this.

👍

Truman being in office a little longer means he supports the Civil Rights a bit more since he wouldn't have had to desegregate the army ITTL and gets to counter McCarthy in a big way.

Who exactly will McCarthy fight against with the Soviets or PRC being things during the 1950s?

Agreed. It would also convey an attitude that this isn't the same kind of war.

👍

Nixon evidently grew paranoid after his loss so without that paranoia he's likely to be a better guy. He also gets to thaw one side of the Cold War. Nixon likely retires to the California Beaches.

👍

Honestly a good point and an interesting dive into it. It's also a good decade for Pop Culture in general with Kennedy having married Marilyn Monroe and the Space Race being won under Kennedy's watch after he pushed for it and making it a joint operation.

Thank you. I can imagine how better off the 1970s will be off as a decade, whilst also still being seen as a kinda 'seesaw decade' like IOTL, with the administration and the people overcoming the threats of the day. This might be my love for BSIC before it went on hiatus in mid-2020 speaking, but to be honest I don't care, that story had alot of really cool ideas and twists and turns.

The Iranian Hostage Crisis or some parallel to it(likely inspiring the film Argo) could happen ITTL and cost Reagan since it wouldn't be resolved until after the election. Though he does get to further thaw things out with the Russia.

Cool 👍

John Glenn is a popular choice for beating Reagan in 1980, but it also fits a bit since with Kennedy pushing Space exploration further during his term, An astronaut President would show just how space crazy America has gotten.

The Space Years, nice. I can imagine this will led to the last moon landing not being in 1972, with several more moon landings following, alongside with more nations launching their own space missions and also moon landings in the following years and decades, such as China, Russia, Britain, France, and Japan.

I would want to say Biden's wife and daughter survive, though as a type of cosmic balance someone else's Wife and Daughter or someone else would possibly be killed somewhere else in the timeline. It's possible they survive and Biden goes to them in Hospital, possibly due to Mike Mansfield, who convinced Biden not to resign to care for them OTL, not doing so or dying earlier. Another alternative is the crash happens later while Biden is President and his choice to resign is instead not to run for reelection to care for his family.

The 1990s car crash sounds like the most interesting choice, as tragic as it sounds.

Since you bring up the Simpsons I just want to say, the harder someone pushes against something, the more popular it becomes. This is especially true for the Simpsons. One big change I have for the Simpsons is the characters aging, meaning the show likely also ends sooner, possibly around Season 8, so Bush's attitude towards the show may change as the characters go through arcs.

The classic Streisand Effect or something like it I see. Anyways, I imagine the Simpsons, while as a series finishing sometime between 1999 to 2000, would officially come to an end with the movie in 2007, and with Gore being president and leading the fight against climate change, I can imagine the plot involving the EPA and their dome could still exist, unless there is something different and more fitting that could've played out. Maggie Roswell and Phil Hartman presumably both staying on the show, with Roswell's pay dispute never coming up or being fixed before they could kill her off, and Hartman not being murdered by his wife Brynn in May 1998, there could be other butterflies from that too.

Yeah A Gore Prosperous Tomorrow is the Go To for Gore.

Good and cool 👍

Pretty much yeah.

👍

I actually had a crazy plan of what to do with Trump, inspired by HBO's Watchmen. His father appears as "Fred T." and is killed in that show while he is a store owner. So I'm thinking of throwing in an article somewhere once I add a bit more posts on the Background of the world that mentions "Shop Owner Fred T. killed in botched robbery." sometime in 1939, before he even builds up the big name company, let alone has a son. Since its been observed Trump or someone like him in 2012 would likely have risen to power had the recession never happened. With that element not a factor it instead leads to McCain winning and the Recession not happening also keeps Britain in the EU via butterflies relating to the Economy.

While I'm kinda hesitant to butterflying people in an alternate history, considering how bad he turned out IOTL, not only as a president, but his reputation as a whole, maybe its for the best. Or as an alternative, his father is murdered after he is born, with him being sobered as a result, not going down the path he did as IOTL, ending up by 2021 as a quiet man who vaguely supports more conservative figures.

In fact, without Trump being born, you would have alot of butterflies in popular culture, with some characters in the 80s and 90s who were influenced by his rise to popularity as a businessman in Manhattan would not exist or be significantly different, with 'Trump Card' not becoming a term ITTL, unless somebody else arises to start that saying.

I imagine Hilary likely serving as Obama's Vice President or someone else's first...Oh god what if she married another person who became President? Anyway as mentioned above I get the feeling that the election is going to be a bit easier for her than OTL.

Same with her being Obama's VP!

Hillary Clinton, wife of famous Saxophone player William Bill Clinton anybody? :p

Thanks. I thought I did pretty well for something I rushed to put together.
You're welcome! 👍

The Comics Code Authority(1956)
cca-seal.jpg

This Post has been approved by the Comics Code Authority.

The Comics Code Authority

The Comics Magazine Association of America (CMAA) was formed in 1954 as a response to growing concerns of graphic depictions of the material in Comics. Charles F.Murphy of New York formed the "Comics Code Authority" to regulate the material. Fredric Wertham's 1954 book Seduction of Innocence had served to aid in pushing this philosophy. The Comic Book industry united to take Wertham to court for slander, with Atlas, National Comics and Fawcett Comics along with others united to defend the craft from what was seen as a slanderous attack. The Trial revealed that Wertham's novel had taken evidence out of context, and made no mention of the ratings system in place. James Marsden had by that point passed away and so could not defend his creation Wonder Woman, but the other creators of his targets were around. Arguments that Batman and Robin were homosexual partners were shot down by the explanation that they were an adopted father and an adopted son and when Wertham tried to launch claims of pedophilia is was seen as a transparent effort to shift focus. Superman being declared un-American and fascist were laughed off due to the fact that his creators were jewish, bouncing off the man of Steel like so many bullets.

While the attack would have bounced off the comic book industry in general, Senator Estes Kefauver, exposed mob connections within Comic Book companies, which did not damage the industry as a whole but did lead to several comic companies facing intense pressure. Kefauver became a Presidential candidate in 1956 and the trials had taken too long for his taste and he soon lost interest. Without Kefauver's support, Wertham was quickly discovered to have falsified evidence, including asking children specifically with extreme cases of mental health issues and lying about evidence shown such as claiming a head turned invisible was decapitation. However, the Comics Code was formed to alleviate concerns and aid in rating work correctly and efficiently.​

New Rules were set up:
  • Criminals must be punished in some way, be it death, arrest or personal loss.
  • Corrupt Law and Justice organizations or individuals such as corrupt Police officers must be punished in some way unless in the case the story is explicitly stated to be an alternate universe and not intended to be the "Real" World. For example, a story set in a world where the US is Fascist is acceptable if directly stated. the same applies to depictions of the United Kingdom and US allies. Negative depictions of enemy nations are acceptable and encouraged. Fictional nations used to represent real nations in conflict are encouraged.
  • In every instance good shall triumph over evil and the criminal punished for his misdeeds. This is allowed to be accomplished through sacrifice of loss.
  • Scenes of excessive violence, scenes of brutal torture, excessive and unnecessary knife and gunplay, physical agony, the gory and gruesome crime shall be reserved for books intended for Mature readers.
  • No comic magazine shall using the words "horror" or "terror" in its title shall be marketed to children.
  • All scenes of horror, excessive bloodshed, gory or gruesome crimes, depravity, lust, sadism, masochism shall not be permitted in a comic book not marked as mature.
  • All lurid, unsavory, gruesome illustrations shall not be present in books aimed at children.
  • Profanity, obscenity, smut, vulgarity, or words or symbols which have acquired undesirable meanings are prohibited from books marketed towards children.
  • Full exposed Nudity is to be present only in adult oriented books. Comedic nudity which includes censorship or nothing beyond a bare buttocks can be maintained in children books so long as it is played for comedy.
  • Rape scenes are unacceptable except in Adult oriented comics. Unless used in a pornographic sense, Rape must be touched on as a serious issue and depicted as horrible unless in the case it is possibly implied and not directly confirmed. Rape is a horrible crime regardless of the gender of the victim or rapist, as such scenes depicting the rape of men by women shall not be played for comedy.

Last edited:
History of the Marvel Universe(The Silver Age): 1956-1970
History of the Marvel Universe: The Silver Age
Fantastic-Four-No-1.jpg

Cover of Fantastic Four #1

The first modern comic book made under the imprint of Marvel Comics was Fantastic Four #1, after the imprint was saved from being included in the release of Journey into Mystery #69 and the teen-humor title Patsy Walker #95. Afterwards the letters "MC" would be displayed on the covers. Marvel's rival DC had seen success in reviving many of its popular heroes such as the Flash, and Green Lantern, many of which were formed into the Justice League of America. Stan Lee chose to create one final comic before deciding to quit. That Comic, the Fantastic Four, proved to be a hit. Stan Lee was writer and editor of the company at the time and is credited with beginning the Marvel Age of Comics. The Fantastic Four were shown as flawed, rather than the often perfect portrayal of superheroes seen before. They also lacked Secret identities like many of the Heroes in the Golden Age. The depiction of Superheroes as flawed was something which carried over to heroes such as Spider-Man. The popularity of the characters grew to the extent that an issue of Esquire magazine listed Spider-Man and the Hulk among a list of 28 College campus heroes, sharing spots with John F.Kennedy and Bob Dyland. Marvel's catalogue grew to include Hulk, Thor, Ant-Man, Iron Man, the X-Men, Daredevil, the Inhumans, Black Panther, and Silver Surfer, as well as villains such as Doctor Doom, Magneto, Galactus, Loki, the Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus. The exploits of the heroes were also set in the real world.

th-1-1.jpg

Photo of Jack Kirby and Stan Lee

The name Marvel came from Stan Lee's own mind when he became the head of the company. While Lee is often credited with being the founder of Marvel Comics, giving the company its name, Lee always insisted on crediting the rest of the Marvel Bullpen such as Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko, intentionally helping them out financially when they were in dire straits, which was fortunate as both struggled as starving artists. Lee and Ditko stayed partners together longer as a result, working on Spider-Man for far longer than OTL. Unfortunately, the distinguished competition issued a program of convincing Marvel creators to defect with promises of complete creative freedom. First Ditko and then Kirby, though the latter completed his run on Thor before departing. When Jack Kirby left Marvel Comics, it was not as a man who had enough but as a parting of good friends and a wish of good luck.
What_If__Vol_1_3.jpeg

Issue of Avengers. Seen as symbolic of Ditko and Kirby departing Marvel Comics while Stan Lee begged them to stay.

Even with his role diminished, Stan Lee would maintain strong influence over the company, including vetoing the death of Iron Man villain Madam Masque(removing a complex series of trying brought about by trying bring her back OTL), revealing Rae laCoste to be Scott Lang's ex wife, and so on. Lee was able to get legendary artist Alex Toth to write on X-Men, though he disliked the marvel Method and eventually left. Instead, Roy Thomas rose in the ranks. Thomas created the Vision, after Stan Lee refused to allow him to use the Golden Age version of the character. The result was the now iconic android Superhero. Lee also wrote a Spider-Man story in which Harry Osborn was revealed to be taking drugs, which came under fire from the Comics Code Authority, despite the story being commissioned by the Humphrey administration. Stan Lee published it anyway and it was a massive success, undermining the Comics Code Authority. Lee would eventually hand over the writing of the X-Men to Roy and Neal Adams. The duo introduced Havok, founding member Cyclops's brother, and Polaris, the daughter of Magneto, to the team as full fledged members. Their run would continue into the 70's. It is difficult to say when the Silver Age ended and the Bronze Age began, though some say it ended with a snap. Spider-man's girlfriend Gwen Stacy died in the hero's effort to save her from the Green Goblin. The Goblin himself dying soon after. It was foreshadowing of the darker elements of the stories that were to come in the next decade.​

Last edited:
Sonic the Hedgehog: 3D Era(1996-2008)
Sonic the Hedgehog: 3D Era
hqdefault.jpg

Screenshot from Sonic Mars
Sonic Mars-1996

Making its deadline for Christmas of 1996. The game is Sonic's first true jump into the third dimension. Sonic Mars is a 32x game(bearing the original title for Sonic X-Treme). A Film was released the same year to promote the game titled Sonic: Wonder of the World. The plot of the game ended up leaking into the film somewhat and was reworked many times. It at first concerns Sonic needing to save both a virtual world and his friends from Dr.Robotnik. During the adventure, the Master Emerald is shattered when Dr.Robotnik attempted to steal it and six Demons previously trapped within it emerge that Sonic and his friends must defeat(OTL this idea became the imprisoned Chaos in Sonic Adventure and the Zeti in Sonic Lost World). One of the released Demons poisons both Robotnik and Sonic, forcing Sonic to race to find a cure(This plot came about when the game was named both Sonic BOOM and Sonic DOOM). At one point, Sonic is kidnapped by a giant Spider and taken to a space prison, which serves as a stage, travelling planet to planet to get home. When he returns he finds Robotnik had built a Death Egg so large the planet is being pulled towards it. Sonic begins hopping from planet to planet to reach the Death Egg, rescuing an alien called "Mips".

Amy Rose, Sonic, Tails and Knuckles appear in the game, all being playable. New characters include Tiara Cyberooski, a Manx Cat seen as the true love interest to Sonic as Amy had an unrequited crush. Her father is also introduced as Gazebo Cyberooski, the Cyber King.

The games's release means Sonic 3D: Flickies Island is not ported to the Saturn in its stead.(which was done when Sonic X-treme was not done by 1996). Many reviews of the game made jokes at the expense at the game's title such as"Saturn Conquers Mars."

The Red Shoes Diaries was released in Game Players Magazine and is a self contained story about Sonic needing to keep the Rings of Order away from Robotnik.

Sonic Saturn-1996
A game given to Developer Realtime Associates, pushed due to the delayed launch of the Saturn. OTL this game was scrapped and became Bug.

Formula 1 Racer-1997

Due to butterflies Sonic R does not exist. Sonic X-Treme being done in time and there is therefore no need for Traveler's Tales to repurpose their intended Formula 1 Racer into a Sonic Racer instead, as such it is made as planned.

Sonic Adventure-1998

Released as a Saturn Game. Sonic Adventure uses the same 3D models that would have gone to Sonic R OTL. It also uses the "Sonic World" hub seen in OTL's Sonic Jam due to that being the engine test OTL. the player is able to play as Super Sonic in any level. Sky Chase features a robotic dragon in act 1. You also have autosave in the Super Sonic story in the final game, with a recap screen if the player saves and leaves. The song "Open Your Heart" by Crush 40 is included in the game. Perfect Chaos resembles the OTL Sonic Generations design(due to that being the intended appearance, different software allowing it to be kept in). Other stages include Windy Valley, the Tornado levels, Angel Island, and Mystic Ruins. Sonic also keeps a more classic design and a slightly different opening with Chaos jumping on Sonic and him giving chase when he sees police cars following Chaos. The Emerald Alter is located in Hidden Palace underground and is more elaborate, containing emeralds and echidna heads.

Sonic Adventure 2-2001

Sonic, Knuckles, Eggman, Tails, Nails(Rouge), and Shadow makeup the game's playable characters, however, there was more time to develop the final three into their own characters with more of their own unique stages. There is also a branching storyline depending on the player's choices, as well as who they choose to play as in the final level of the game. Several cut scenes are kept in such as Sonic commenting after his first boss fight "Those robots are a total pain in the-" before seeing Shadow. A line about Eggman not trusting Nails has been added back in. Sonic calls Eggman an "Egghead." There are also more scenes of the President inserted in depending on player choices, such as a clip of him being sure or uncertain the heroes will win, or talking to different characters. Tails and Eggman will also have a longer conversation. The Dreamcast version of the game has five special menu themes If the player gets in A rank in Green Hill Zone, Super Sonic and Super Shadow are unlocked in two player mode. Sonic maintains his regular shoes.

Sonic Heroes-2003

The Game includes 6 teams of 18 characters. There teams consist of:

Sonic-Tails-Knuckles,

Sharps-Mach-Max

Amy-Cream-Nails (Nails is a Power type),

Chaos-E102-Big,

Espio-Charmy-Vector,

Fang-Bean-Bark

Shadow does not appear due to the creative team being split over whether or not they wanted to undo his death at this time. Several unused voice clips for each character are included, though most fulfill the same purpose, such as exclamations about a certain character returning to the game.

Sonic: The Shadow World-2004

Developed by Climax Studio for the Playstation Portable. The game is a Rivals style fighting game which involves Sonic being trapped in an illusion realm that appears to be in Shadow's mind, forcing him to find a way to escape or be trapped forever.

Sonic Classics Collection-2004
Simon "Stealth" Thomley developed a remake of the Sonic Trilogy for Nintendo DS, which collected the first three Sonic Games. Extra features includes Tails and Knuckles being playable and powerups from all games being present across the series. Special Stages in Sonic 3 also had a level editor. Sonic the Hedgehog Megamix is also included.

Shadow the Hedgehog-2005

The Return of Shadow the Hedgehog. The game was rated T for Teen, allowing it to show in vivid detail the Death of Maria in the Flashback, complete with bloodshots and the deaths of G.U.N. Soldiers. The game had its main villain removed. Instead Shadow is choosing between becoming a hero or a villain, which warrants joining either Sonic or Eggman, though a middle path makes it possible to seemingly kill both or simply just leave. Shadow does not use guns or a motorcycle. Despite these changes it is unlikely the game will be too much better than the OTL version, though it would be more successful as it would mark Shadow the Hedgehog's long awaited return. At least one of a few games exist as Review fodder for the likes of The Game Grumps, Real Time Fandub and Super Best Friends Play.

Sonic the Hedgehog-2008

Sonic The Hedgehog(normally abbreviated Sonic 08' by fans) was intended to be released on the anniversary, however, the game at first proved to be a very buggy mess and extra time was needed to patch up the game. The story was completely rewritten to remove the plot's interspecies romance. The game featured a day and night cycle, an advanced physics engine, and a "Free Play" mode that allows you to play any level with any of the four player characters: Sonic, Shadow, Silver and Mecha Sonic. Each has a storyline. Each trying to prevent the dark future ruled by the antagonist Mephiles, which Silver has gone back in time to prevent. Silver specifically is capable of moving at super speed to balance out with the other player characters. The game did receive DLC in the form of Sonic the Hedgehog: Awakening. The game is better than OTL but is still mocked by many, but holds a place online similar to Sonic Adventure 2.

Last edited:
Sonic the Hedgehog: 3D Era
View attachment 657411
Screenshot from Sonic Mars
Sonic Mars-1996

Making its deadline for Christmas of 1996. The game is Sonic's first true jump into the third dimension. Sonic Mars is a 32x game(bearing the original title for Sonic X-Treme). A Film was released the same year to promote the game titled Sonic: Wonder of the World. The plot of the game ended up leaking into the film somewhat and was reworked many times. It at first concerns Sonic needing to save both a virtual world and his friends from Dr.Robotnik. During the adventure, the Master Emerald is shattered when Dr.Robotnik attempted to steal it and six Demons previously trapped within it emerge that Sonic and his friends must defeat(OTL this idea became the imprisoned Chaos in Sonic Adventure and the Zeti in Sonic Lost World). One of the released Demons poisons both Robotnik and Sonic, forcing Sonic to race to find a cure(This plot came about when the game was named both Sonic BOOM and Sonic DOOM). At one point, Sonic is kidnapped by a giant Spider and taken to a space prison, which serves as a stage, travelling planet to planet to get home. When he returns he finds Robotnik had built a Death Egg so large the planet is being pulled towards it. Sonic begins hopping from planet to planet to reach the Death Egg, rescuing an alien called "Mips".

Amy Rose, Sonic, Tails and Knuckles appear in the game, all being playable. New characters include Tiara Cyberooski, a Manx Cat seen as the true love interest to Sonic as Amy had an unrequited crush. Her father is also introduced as Gazebo Cyberooski, the Cyber King.

The games's release means Sonic 3D: Flickies Island is not ported to the Saturn in its stead.(which was done when Sonic X-treme was not done by 1996). Many reviews of the game made jokes at the expense at the game's title such as"Saturn Conquers Mars."

The Red Shoes Diaries was released in Game Players Magazine and is a self contained story about Sonic needing to keep the Rings of Order away from Robotnik.

Formula 1 Racer-1997

Due to butterflies Sonic R does not exist. Sonic X-Treme being done in time and there is therefore no need for Traveler's Tales to repurpose their intended Formula 1 Racer into a Sonic Racer instead, as such it is made as planned.

Sonic Adventure-1998

Released as a Saturn Game. Sonic Adventure uses the same 3D models that would have gone to Sonic R OTL. It also uses the "Sonic World" hub seen in OTL's Sonic Jam due to that being the engine test OTL. the player is able to play as Super Sonic in any level. Sky Chase features a robotic dragon in act 1. You also have autosave in the Super Sonic story in the final game, with a recap screen if the player saves and leaves. The song "Open Your Heart" by Crush 40 is included in the game. Perfect Chaos resembles the OTL Sonic Generations design(due to that being the intended appearance, different software allowing it to be kept in). Other stages include Windy Valley, the Tornado levels, Angel Island, and Mystic Ruins. Sonic also keeps a more classic design and a slightly different opening with Chaos jumping on Sonic and him giving chase when he sees police cars following Chaos. The Emerald Alter is located in Hidden Palace underground and is more elaborate, containing emeralds and echidna heads.

Sonic Adventure 2-2001

Sonic, Knuckles, Eggman, Tails, Nails(Rouge), and Shadow makeup the game's playable characters, however, there was more time to develop the final three into their own characters with more of their own unique stages. There is also a branching storyline depending on the player's choices, as well as who they choose to play as in the final level of the game. Several cut scenes are kept in such as Sonic commenting after his first boss fight "Those robots are a total pain in the-" before seeing Shadow. A line about Eggman not trusting Nails has been added back in. Sonic calls Eggman an "Egghead." There are also more scenes of the President inserted in depending on player choices, such as a clip of him being sure or uncertain the heroes will win, or talking to different characters. Tails and Eggman will also have a longer conversation. The Dreamcast version of the game has five special menu themes If the player gets in A rank in Green Hill Zone, Super Sonic and Super Shadow are unlocked in two player mode. Sonic maintains his regular shoes.

Sonic Heroes-2003

The Game includes 6 teams of 18 characters. There teams consist of:

Sonic-Tails-Knuckles,

Sharps-Mach-Max

Amy-Cream-Nails (Nails is a Power type),

Chaos-E102-Big,

Espio-Charmy-Vector,

Fang-Bean-Bark

Shadow does not appear due to the creative team being split over whether or not they wanted to undo his death at this time. Several unused voice clips for each character are included, though most fulfill the same purpose, such as exclamations about a certain character returning to the game.

Shadow the Hedgehog-2005

The Return of Shadow the Hedgehog. The game was rated T for Teen, allowing it to show in vivid detail the Death of Maria in the Flashback, complete with bloodshots and the deaths of G.U.N. Soldiers. The game had its main villain removed. Instead Shadow is choosing between becoming a hero or a villain, which warrants joining either Sonic or Eggman, though a middle path makes it possible to seemingly kill both or simply just leave. Shadow does not use guns or a motorcycle. Despite these changes it is unlikely the game will be too much better than the OTL version, though it would be more successful as it would mark Shadow the Hedgehog's long awaited return. At least one of a few games exist as Review fodder for the likes of The Game Grumps, Real Time Fandub and Super Best Friends Play.

Sonic the Hedgehog-2008

Sonic The Hedgehog(normally abbreviated Sonic 08' by fans) was intended to be released on the anniversary, however, the game at first proved to be a very buggy mess and extra time was needed to patch up the game. The story was completely rewritten to remove the plot's interspecies romance. The game featured a day and night cycle, an advanced physics engine, and a "Free Play" mode that allows you to play any level with any of the four player characters: Sonic, Shadow, Silver and Mecha Sonic. Each has a storyline. Each trying to prevent the dark future ruled by the antagonist Mephiles, which Silver has gone back in time to prevent. Silver specifically is capable of moving at super speed to balance out with the other player characters. The game did receive DLC in the form of Sonic the Hedgehog: Awakening. The game is better than OTL but is still mocked by many, but holds a place online similar to Sonic Adventure 2.
Well, this section’s something. Now what about the Sonic games from 2008 onwards?

Are the 32X and the Sega Saturn still two separate game consoles ITTL?
Yes, but this time, Sega holds off on releasing the Saturn just a bit longer, allowing the 32x to be supported by Sonic Mars(fitting since the 32x was nicknamed "Project Mars"). Making Sonic Mars the final swan song for the add on console.