WI:RFK not AG but instead takes JFK’s Senate seat?

The idea of RFK as Attorney General was basically only done with Joe Kennedy maneuvering, and congressional leaders not wanting to start off the new administration on the wrong foot. JFK himself was hesitant to the idea, and RFK was only confirmed by a voice vote. New York Times heavily criticized this. Let’s say, for whatever reason this doesent work out. Considering the Kennedy family was able to basically control the sitting governor to appoint what was basically a seat warmer in Kennedy’s old seat so Teddy could run in 62, I imagine that, assuming the AG nom dying off happens before the appointment, RFK is appointed. What changes? Who’s the new AG? Does RFK win re-election in 62? Does RFK’s known involvement as an advisor of sorts, notably during the bay of pigs and Cuban missile crisis, change because he’s not in the cabinet, or does he get special privilege as a brother? If not does the Cuban missile crisis go hot? What happens to Ted Kennedy’s career? And perhaps the biggest question:with him having 4 years of legislative experience if he wins in 62, is he able to get on the 64 ticket, especially with Johnson not being able to say “no cabinet members will be VP”? I don’t expect all these questions to be answered, just all my thoughts at this what if.

The idea of RFK as Attorney General was basically only done with Joe Kennedy maneuvering, and congressional leaders not wanting to start off the new administration on the wrong foot. JFK himself was hesitant to the idea, and RFK was only confirmed by a voice vote. New York Times heavily criticized this. Let’s say, for whatever reason this doesent work out. Considering the Kennedy family was able to basically control the sitting governor to appoint what was basically a seat warmer in Kennedy’s old seat so Teddy could run in 62, I imagine that, assuming the AG nom dying off happens before the appointment, RFK is appointed. What changes? Who’s the new AG? Does RFK win re-election in 62? Does RFK’s known involvement as an advisor of sorts, notably during the bay of pigs and Cuban missile crisis, change because he’s not in the cabinet, or does he get special privilege as a brother? If not does the Cuban missile crisis go hot? What happens to Ted Kennedy’s career? And perhaps the biggest question:with him having 4 years of legislative experience if he wins in 62, is he able to get on the 64 ticket, especially with Johnson not being able to say “no cabinet members will be VP”? I don’t expect all these questions to be answered, just all my thoughts at this what if.
Does RFK move to Mass. between 1956 and 1958 for this reason? In OTL, his family didn’t live there.