Yangtze plate shifting upward (or how to divide the North Chinese Plain)

Yes, it's ASB, a geological PoD- I know, but I'm going to get a more serious look at the answer here than I am in the ASB forum.

If you take a look here, scroll over you can see the Yangtze and Amur sub-plates. These are both stuck against the very old North Chinese Plate. My question is, to anyone with more knowledge on the subject than me (who can hopefully precipitate plate tectonics know-how for me), what would the effects of the Yangtze Plate moving northward instead of southeast be off-hand? Would it be enough to create large mountain-esque hills around its border with North China (hence creating a more natural border and division in the plains)?

Likewise, would a more active North Chinese sub-plate pressing upward be able to create the same sort of border with Mongolia- bringing about the same deal; not huge mountains obviously since it's a sub-plate, but tall hills?

Inspired by "Green Antarctica" and that great TL on a fertile Australia, I'm doing my own set of realistic sounding (but still ASB) geological PoDs, and would like to- if possible, provide a slightly better impetus than otl for balkanizing China.

The Yangtze plate moving differently would cause quite a lot of disruption elsewhere, especially if you completely reverse its direction I think a better bet is the Amur subplate moving south much more quickly (leaving only Siberia majorly changed in its wake) and causing a) Orogeny in the chinese plains and making japan a different shape.

The size of the plate had no baring on its orogenic properties, its about speed and composition.

What sort of effects would you expect it to have over Japan and what would happen to Siberia, specifically?