Blue Skies in Camelot (Continued): An Alternate 80s and Beyond

I just thought about The Blues Brothers with John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd when it premiered on 1980. The all-star cast would've been better if we include Elvis Presley, Janis Joplin, Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Sammy Davis, Jr., Barry White, Chuck Berry, Johnny and June Carter Cash, Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, Jerry Lee Lewis, Tina Turner, Dionne Warwick, Lionel Richie, Michael Jackson, Donna Summer, Frank Sinatra, and Diana Ross. If you geniuses like my idea, this would surely be one of the greatest movie musicals ever made and truly a love letter and tribute to their contribution to the music indeed!

Last edited:
I just thought about The Blues Brothers with John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd when it premiered on 1980. The all-star cast would've been better if we include Elvis Presley, Janis Joplin, Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Sammy Davis, Jr., Barry White, Johnny and June Carter Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Tina Turner, Dionne Warwick, Lionel Richie, Michael Jackson, Donna Summer, and Diana Ross. If you geniuses like my idea, this would surely be one of the greatest movie musicals ever made and truly a love letter and tribute to their music.
I'd watch it.

Mr. President, what's going on to the Bee Gees and Andy Gibb now that they're on the decline by the end of the decade ITTL and what are they planning now by the new decade? I also wanted to add on what happened to Earth, Wind, and Fire throughout the decade as well ITTL, are they too on the decline by the new decade just like IOTL? Is Elvis Presley really going to take a break from making music and movies throughout the 80's? Because there's so much more that he can do to contribute to his craft from the 80's and Beyond ITTL. Did Lionel Richie break away from his band The Commodores by the end of the decade as well? What about Kris Kristofferson and Janis Joplin during the decade, did they have a child already? What's happening ITTL between The Beatles, Queen, Elton John, and the rest of the musicians at Apple Corps? Where's Bob Marley at this point ITTL, is he going to die by 1980 like IOTL, or he's going to live beyond the 80's ITTL? How about ABBA as well, what's happening within the band by the end of the decade as well and are they going to retire by the Mid-80's just like IOTL or going to live beyond the 80's ITTL? Where's Kate Bush after the success of her debut album The Kick Inside in 1978 ITTL. Is Tina Turner took a break from the music industry after his divorce from Ike Turner? I know that I'm asking too many questions because they were left unanswered and we want to know what are they doing ITTL? I apologized once again for being impatient of myself and going too far for doing this.

Last edited:
Also thanks @President_Lincoln for telling me about gerrymandering in Blue Skies. Hopefully by the 80s the disproportionate representation of Congressional seats can be be either changed or ended for good
I just hope that The Supreme Court banned this Gerrymandering political nonsense for good! Their the reason why the United States can't move forward with the future IOTL. ITTL, the country is on the better stage, continuing its success, and truly becoming an example and showplace of democracy around the world.

Mr President @President_Lincoln , I've recently read FDR's Second Bill of Rights, which proposes to guarantee every American's rights to employment, a fair income, subsidized housing, universal healthcare, social security, and higher education, as well as freedom from unfair competition and monopolies. I was struck by how farsighted it is. Given that there's always a chance that a GOP-controlled White House and Congress could undo everything that New Dealers have worked for their entire lives, do you see any chances of the TTL Democrats taking up this old idea and campaigning to amend the Constitution in order to expand the Bill of Rights to include FDR's Economic Bill of Rights?

Mr President @President_Lincoln , I've recently read FDR's Second Bill of Rights, which proposes to guarantee every American's rights to employment, a fair income, subsidized housing, universal healthcare, social security, and higher education, as well as freedom from unfair competition and monopolies. I was struck by how farsighted it is. Given that there's always a chance that a GOP-Controlled White House and Congress could undo everything that New Dealers have worked for their entire lives, do you see any chances of the TTL Democrats taking up this old idea and campaigning to amend the Constitution in order to expand the Bill of Rights to include FDR's Economic Bill of Rights?
I almost forgot about that President FDR planned this during the height of the Second World War. I hope Senators RFK and Audie Murphy bring this up during their campaign, becoming one of their major platforms if they elected, and improved the lives of every Americans even further, and every country would follow and copy this model if this is passed, and the United Nations would also help to implement this around the world to end its economic problems and improved their economic development to their fullest at the beginning of the 80's.

I almost forgot about that President FDR planned this during the height of the Second World War. I hope Senators RFK and Audie Murphy bring this up during their campaign, becoming one of their major platforms if they elected, and improved the lives of every Americans even further, and every country would follow and copy this model if this is passed, and the United Nations would also help to implement this around the world to end its economic problems and improved their economic development to their fullest at the beginning of the 80's.
With this it would make their campaign very attractive to middle-low income Americans

@President_Lincoln What's up with Elvis and Hulk Hogan ITL?
Elvis is currently on a bit of a down period in his career. Focusing on his family life with Ann Margret and their two kids, who are teenagers now. He's planning the next phase of his career, and trying to make the transition into a sort of "elder statesman" of Rock N Roll. I think the idea of a TL where the King gets to age gracefully sounds really nice.

Hulk Hogan has largely followed his OTL path into the pro wrestling biz. As of 1979, he's mostly been working for Jerry Jarrett in his Continental Wrestling Association. (CWA). But New York and Vince McMahon Sr. are likely to come calling soon.

Mr. President, what's going on to the Bee Gees and Andy Gibb now that they're on the decline by the end of the decade ITTL and what are they planning now by the new decade? I also wanted to add on what happened to Earth, Wind, and Fire throughout the decade as well ITTL, are they too on the decline by the new decade just like IOTL? Is Elvis Presley really going to take a break from making music and movies throughout the 80's? Because there's so much more that he can do to contribute to his craft from the 80's and Beyond ITTL. Did Lionel Richie break away from his band The Commodores by the end of the decade as well? What about Kris Kristofferson and Janis Joplin during the decade, did they have a child already? What's happening ITTL between The Beatles, Queen, Elton John, and the rest of the musicians at Apple Corps? Where's Bob Marley at this point ITTL, is he going to die by 1980 like IOTL, or he's going to live beyond the 80's ITTL? How about ABBA as well, what's happening within the band by the end of the decade as well and are they going to retire by the Mid-80's just like IOTL or going to live beyond the 80's ITTL? Where's Kate Bush after the success of her debut album The Kick Inside in 1978 ITTL. Is Tina Turner took a break from the music industry after his divorce from Ike Turner? I know that I'm asking too many questions because they were left unanswered and we want to know what are they doing ITTL? I apologized once again for being impatient of myself and going too far for doing this.
No need to apologize. I appreciate your interest! Many of these questions will be answered in an upcoming "Retrospective" update on Music in the 70s. If I miss any of the artists you asked about in that update, I'll be happy to add them after. :)

Mr President @President_Lincoln , I've recently read FDR's Second Bill of Rights, which proposes to guarantee every American's rights to employment, a fair income, subsidized housing, universal healthcare, social security, and higher education, as well as freedom from unfair competition and monopolies. I was struck by how farsighted it is. Given that there's always a chance that a GOP-controlled White House and Congress could undo everything that New Dealers have worked for their entire lives, do you see any chances of the TTL Democrats taking up this old idea and campaigning to amend the Constitution in order to expand the Bill of Rights to include FDR's Economic Bill of Rights?
This is a wonderful question! To answer simply, yes. Ultimately, the Second Bill of Rights represents the "North Star" guiding Democratic politics ITTL. When RFK will speak of the "Dream" and the "Cause" on the campaign trail, this is what he's talking about. Expect Kennedy to pursue it's passage (in one form or another) if he's elected President.

Elvis is currently on a bit of a down period in his career. Focusing on his family life with Ann-Margret and their two kids, who are teenagers now. He's planning the next phase of his career, and trying to make the transition into a sort of "Elder Statesman" of Rock N' Roll. I think the idea of a TL where the King gets to age gracefully sounds really nice.
If I remember correctly Mr. President, their two kids were still in their childhood. Their eldest was born in 1971, which makes her 8 years old; and their second child was born in 1974, which makes her 5 years old by now. With him being "The Elder Statesman" of Rock N' Roll, he'll be the guidance, adviser, and a wise man to every musician for years to come. That's what I hope that with him being included in The Blues Brothers with other famous people that I mentioned ITTL, the movie would be better, the star-studded cast in the movie of all-time, and a box-office smash when it premiered by 1980.
No need to apologize. I appreciate your interest! Many of these questions will be answered in an upcoming "Retrospective" update on Music in the 70's. If I miss any of the artists you asked about in that update, I'll be happy to add them after. :)
That's good to hear Mr. President! This timeline of yours really brings the best of every one of us geniuses ever assembled. A mind-blowing experience of which I'm both proud and honored to be here not just your both reader and contributor, but a part of this family that I found my home at last. We'll be waiting for your upcoming chapters on the Retrospective of Television, Movies, and Music of the 70's.
This is a wonderful question! To answer simply, yes. Ultimately, the Second Bill of Rights represents the "North Star" guiding Democratic Politics ITTL. When RFK will speak of the "Dream" and the "Cause" on the campaign trail, this is what he's talking about. Expect Kennedy to pursue it's passage (in one form or another) if he's elected President.
Good thing this idea was resurfaced once again and we're hoping to end all of the problems of American Society and Economics for good and onwards to their progress at last indeed genius! RFK and Audie Murphy were our last hope to make the country an example of its best to the world. Kennedy-Murphy 1980 - The New Frontiers!

Last edited: